The Amazing Spider-Man What about... Captain George Stacy?

Ken-Kaniff

MyCommonSenseIsTingling!
Reaction score
As you guys probably know, in the Comics, George Stacy was a very important character! He was a man that Peter admired and Stacy cared about Peter, not only that, but he always defended Spider-Man! After his death, Gwen blamed Spider-Man for killing him if I recall well.

In the comics he dies at the hands (or should I say tentacles?) of Doc Ock! How do you want this to be portrayed in the movie?

Okay, this was actually really tough for me to decide...

I picked being killed by Ock. But I was tempted to pick being killed by GG, because damn, that would be an emotionally epic movie if GG killed both him and Gwen.

I picked "I dunno".

I think him being killed by both Ock & GG would be great. Though, maybe Ock would be better since it'd give him something to do to damage Peter emotionally.

I picked "I dunno".

I think him being killed by both Ock & GG would be great. Though, maybe Ock would be better since it'd give him something to do to damage Peter emotionally.

Okay, this was actually really tough for me to decide...

I picked being killed by Ock. But I was tempted to pick being killed by GG, because damn, that would be an emotionally epic movie if GG killed both him and Gwen.

Me Likey!! :up:

An important aspect of Capt Stacy is his role of father figure to a fatherless Peter, and using his keen (detective) mind to make the connection that Peter is Spider-Man... prior to his death. With Peter wondering if Capt Stacy is on to him.. some delicious moments could be had here that we did not get in the Raimi verse, but had in the comics.

And of course, that Gwen, the girl he loves.. blames his alter-ego for the killing of her father. Greatness!

Last edited:
Captain Stacy should be a intergal part of this new trilogy.His Death scene would be an emotional one and the fact he tells Peter he knows his secret and to take care of Gwen...It be a great scene.However I have no idea who should kill him.I don't want him killed off in the first movie.

I want him to be killed off by the hands of Doc Ock in the sequel. Then have GG kill Gwen in the third movie.

Yeah like that ^^ and make him like gary oldman in batman (where he actually does some useful crap and you like him) and then kill him off lol

I want him to be killed off by the hands of Doc Ock in the sequel. Then have GG kill Gwen in the third movie.

Exactly how I've been hoping for in this new potential trilogy. And who should play him I wonder? Something tells me Craig T. Nelson wouldn't be too bad a choice.

i liked his character in SSM , as a sort of mentor type but not really. if that makes any sense

it only makes sense to use him in the films. ive said before, they should never feel the need to create new characters for these movies. there are so many different people they could use from the comics as whatever characters the movies create that it should be nothing but characters like hobbie brown, jj jameson, capt stacy, gwen stacy, aunt may, uncle ben, mary jane, norman and harry osborn, dr conners, eddie brock, felicia hardy, etc etc

just cuz some of those characters turn into villains they shoudl still be utilized with the possible potential of becoming said villains in later films but their characters i feel are a part of spider-man lore that is needed to get the right feel and balance in these movies.

He should die by way of an original plot point of the writers' creation. Maybe there's a standoff at the scene of a major bank robbery, and Captain Stacy is present. Spidey busts in to break it all up when the cops move in, the robbers open fire, and Stacy is caught in the crossfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"