Sequels Who thinks Thanos is going to be saved as the main villain in Avengers 3?

Could be a lot of things. Like the return of film rights to Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four or X-Men.

To be honest, why would you assume an Avengers sequel would be considered "a big film event?" The big film event happened in 2012. Avengers 2 is just a sequel....there's no reason to play coy or try to hype it beyond what it already is.

Well hypothetically, what if Avengers 3 is an Infinity Gauntlet movie? At that point with many characters, you never know, could be a pretty big movie event

I see there's alot of Ultron hate going around in here, no matter he's still on the top of my list for A2's main villain.

haters-gonna-hate-pimp.jpg

I am with ya on that BigThor. And Thanos is my favorite villian in marvel, hell, he gives Thor a HUGE run for his money as my favorite CHARACTER lately.

Well I'm sure everyone's contracts are gonna be up after A3, so Thanos will definately be the end for THIS team of Avengers.

But, as I keep saying, the *characters* don't die/wander off/retire, they're just replaced by new actors. Feige has already made that clear. And besides, once their contracts run out, what makes you think that none of them will want to renegotiate? Sure, some of them might get tired of the gig, and maybe Marvel Studios will get tired of them; but it's equally as likely that at least a few of the actors will want to hang on to their meal ticket for many films to come.

Well hypothetically, what if Avengers 3 is an Infinity Gauntlet movie? At that point with many characters, you never know, could be a pretty big movie event

Yes, IG would no doubt be a pretty big event. ;)
But I'm still curious to find out just exactly how they address IG's existence in the MCU --- because they will have to address the IG's existence in the MCU; can't be dodged.

As it stands right now, we see the IG in Odin's Treasury Room in Asgard. But so far, everyone's reluctant to call it truly "canon" for the MCU, since it only showed up briefly in a deleted/extra scene in Thor. If, however, that turns out to be canon as far as Feige is concerned, then we have to accept that all of the Thanos stories we know and love --- Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, etc. --- are already in the past. So the IG will be generating a new mythology exclusively for the films.

Yea I have a feeling Thanos will be built up in Thor 2 and Avengers 2 and won't become a full time villian till Avengers 3

And in my own personal speculation I think Thanos will be involved in Forming The Masters of Evil

But, as I keep saying, the *characters* don't die/wander off/retire, they're just replaced by new actors. Feige has already made that clear. And besides, once their contracts run out, what makes you think that none of them will want to renegotiate? Sure, some of them might get tired of the gig, and maybe Marvel Studios will get tired of them; but it's equally as likely that at least a few of the actors will want to hang on to their meal ticket for many films to come.

That's too far ahead for me to even care about, I'm more concerned with things in the not to distant future.

That's too far ahead for me to even care about, I'm more concerned with things in the not to distant future.

I'm glad Kevin Feige isn't as short-sighted, though. :oldrazz: He's clearly thinking long-term, and looking well past just five years from now.

^Yes, but he's not making assumptions how things before then will turn out. There are no set in stone plans, just directions to move in.

Yes, IG would no doubt be a pretty big event. ;)
But I'm still curious to find out just exactly how they address IG's existence in the MCU --- because they will have to address the IG's existence in the MCU; can't be dodged.

As it stands right now, we see the IG in Odin's Treasury Room in Asgard. But so far, everyone's reluctant to call it truly "canon" for the MCU, since it only showed up briefly in a deleted/extra scene in Thor. If, however, that turns out to be canon as far as Feige is concerned, then we have to accept that all of the Thanos stories we know and love --- Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, etc. --- are already in the past. So the IG will be generating a new mythology exclusively for the films.

In the past? Or we can just assume that they never happened. As far as the MCU is concerned, I think this is going to be the first big threat with Thanos. Maybe in Thor 2, it will be revealed that he onced plotted to destroy a galaxy or the universe or something. But the thanos stories we all know and love, I think we'd just assume they never happened in the MCU. Although, I think I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say, so please enlighten me

^He's saying that the IG already has all the gems in it. So you can't have Thanos on a quest to get all the gems and all that stuff.

Who says the Gauntlet has all the gems in it? Maybe one or two are missing. Maybe Odin thought better than to keep the Gauntlet complete, and scattered some of the gems into the cosmos.

I'm glad Kevin Feige isn't as short-sighted, though. :oldrazz: He's clearly thinking long-term, and looking well past just five years from now.

Well I'm not Feige's position so it wouldn't do me any good to be all "well in 15 years we can do this", that's a pretty pointless comparison.

No thanks, I'd rather focus on the matter at hand than to be all "well in 15 years they can bring out so and so".

The problem with planning too far ahead is that you don't wanna hold too much back in the now. You want to make the best films, the best stories you can. Because if you start trying to save too much, put too much stock in the far flung future, people might just become disinterested.

the problem with planning too far ahead is that you don't wanna hold too much back in the now. You want to make the best films, the best stories you can. Because if you start trying to save too much, put too much stock in the far flung future, people might just become disinterested.

Qft

I want Thanos to be the main villain in both Avengers 2 and Avengers 3.

I'm not sure about him being the main villain for Avengers 2. But i definitely want to see him do something bad ass in either Thor 2 or Avengers 2. Show the GA what Thanos is all about, build the anticipation.

Thanos will be the main villain in Avengers 2. Why? Because the studio's not gonna make the GA sit through 9 films & wait 6 years to see him in full force. Like Morningstar said, you can't drag things out too long. People lose interest. 2015 will be the year of The Titan.

Who says the Gauntlet has all the gems in it? Maybe one or two are missing. Maybe Odin thought better than to keep the Gauntlet complete, and scattered some of the gems into the cosmos.

It clearly had all the gems visible on it.

I want Thanos to be the main villain in both Avengers 2 and Avengers 3.

That's also a possibility.

Thanos will be the main villain in Avengers 2. Why? Because the studio's not gonna make the GA sit through 9 films & wait 6 years to see him in full force. Like Morningstar said, you can't drag things out too long. People lose interest. 2015 will be the year of The Titan.

I wasn't aware that he couldn't show up at the end of Av2 in full force and still not be the main villain of the whole movie.

BigThor said:
I'm positive Thanos isn't going to be the main villain in A2, I want everyone to remember BigThor said this.

^ Don't forget about this everyone write it down, take a picture, engrave it into your memory banks!

Why does everyone think that it would only be going down hill after Thanos? The Avengers have tons of great villains and story arcs to draw on.

Hell, following Thanos up with the Korvac Saga or Secret War would be ten times as epic.

And really, I ask, why must their be an escalation of action for their to be an escalation?

Like, take Ultron. Yes, he's arguably less powerful and a smaller threat than Thanos. But he's also WAY more personal. Assuming the Pyms are in any movie he's in, he's a symbol of Hank's greatest failure and a trigger and stressor for his mental illness, he has a weird sexual obsession with The Wasp, and he's absolutely ruthless in dealing with the things that are in his way.

If the Pyms were an established and integrated part of the team in whatever movie Ultron is in, it would be a pretty intense story.

And that's just one example.

I agree, Thanos is the top of the hill as far as villains go in the Marvel Universe (Galactus being the next best thing but he belongs to FOX). Whedon said it himself. But here's the thing, in Avengers 2 he will NOT be defeated. Like Empire, it'll be a film where the good guys can't win. A "personal" film. Thanos completes The Gauntlet, destroys or captures Earth & CUT TO BLACK. Then, in a third film we finish the story. The heroes find hope (help). This much larger group figures out how to defeat this monster & succeeds. We get that ROTJ ending where everything is back in order. Where The Avengers take back Earth & the casualties it took to do that will be honored. But to rise, first you must fall. In Avengers 2, they'll fall at the hand of Thanos. In Avengers 3, he'll fall.

You seem aweful sure about this. Since you know this for a fact, can you tell me what other heroes will be added to the roster? I want to know.. :doh:

I doubt this will happen. I would love for it to happen, seeing my favorite baddie getting all the recognition he deserves, but I mean, with it being such a big franchise, you think they would try to use different villians for each movie? wouldnt you?

That could be a more "personal" film, but you're also forgetting about another word Whedon used which was "smaller.

There's no way that a film with Thanos successful taking over the earth is going to be a "smaller" film than The Avengers.

This is what I'd want to see :up:

I'm positive Thanos isn't going to be the main villain in A2, I want everyone to remember BigThor said this.

and JAQUA99 has been saying it before the first movie was released!!!! Ive been saying it that Thanos will be the main villian in 3 for months!! And I still completely see there being a possiblity for Ultron. Yes I am spelling words wrong. No I don't care. I mean, like I said, Ant-Man would be silly to the GA, why do a movie, but to introduce Ultron? This all assuming we do get an Ant-Man movie of course. Big If. If its announced that there will be an ant-man movie, Ultron Avengers 2. Bank on it. I know its a coincidence, but every prediction I made about thethe avengers has come true, so I am hoping I can keep the streak alive. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"