Iron Man 2 What Iron man marks do you think we will see in Iron Man 2??

If Iron Man was to build a mark with all of the abilities of the other marks he has made,I think it could become a huge problem that he wouldn't want to deal with. Like,has he ever explained why he wouldn't make the ultimate mark?? Nvm,he always gets himself in new situations that are terrible.

Though cool, I never really understood why he had to build several different suits. Why can't he just build one suit that has stealth, can go underwater or fly into space? I can understand building something like the WarMachine armor because that thing is equipped with all kinds of different weapons of mass destruction.

But seriously, building an armor that can fly into space and withstand high pressure shouldn't be big of a deal.

He does have a suit that can do all that - the Mark III. But any suit that is designed exclusively for spaceflight will be better at spaceflight than a suit designed to do it all. Wiki "specialization" if you need to.

...and for more toys.

That said, if the Mark IV is used for the last battle scene and destroyed at the end of the movie, and we have a return to the Mark III with some tweaks, for the credits, that would be kinda cool. Perhaps the Mark IV is the 'do it all' thing, eh?

Specialized Suits I'd like to see:
Silver Centurion (scene: Stark orbital laser satellite needs tuning/protection, perhaps in the opening scene)
War Machine (scene: Stark needs backup and Rhodey drops in with something hulk-buster sized and well armed, still grey and silver (not yet painted) )
Stealth (scene: Stark investigates Mandarin's operations, gets detected somehow)

I hope not to see random pointless suits... I always thought that was too much, and lets face it, there aren't hundreds of different environments to compensate for... there's barely half a dozen. "Underwater action" isn't really all that cool, imho. A sentient armor... that is, an armor 'piloted' by Jarvis could be pretty cool for a scene as a decoy, imho.

The Mark III is so awesome, and based on the current comics, I'd hate to see a Mark IV take a step backwards in coolness or go over the top with flourishes. I'd much rather him use two or three specialized suits (ie: high atmosphere, underwater, hulk-busting) rather than drop the Mark III.
WHAT THIS MAN SAID!

i say pump out all the armor toys you can handle.....but be very picky as to which armors make it into the film.

at this point stark only needs to do minor upgrades to the MarkIII...andof course war machine should be introduced...beyond that i see no need for tons of other armors except for MAYBE him testing out the silver centurion in the end of two, and atleast a mention and or design spec for the hulk buster armor (given his cameo in TIH, it sounds like thats where we are headed)

I wouldn't mind a season 2 animated suit that could adapt its responsibilities on sound activation. It'd be a form of the extremis suit so he could deploy it from anywhere without having to go in and 'change'

I don't want to see him upgrade his main armor. I think the movie's Mark III suit is probably the best that Iron Man's suit has ever looked. It is the definitive suit, as far as I'm concerned. Various versions, in moderation, I can deal with.

As others have said, keep the Mark III suit.
Then upgrade it the Mark II into the warmachine armor. Or maybe even better, build it from scratch, so there are more suits, and maybe in the Avengers movie we can get a glimpse at Starks armory, which includes the Mark II and III, warmachine and some other armors.

And with the
Incredible Hulk
cameo in mind, we could have Stark working on a
hulkbuster
armor, or see it (partially completed maybe) iin the background.

I think a War Machine one is a no brainer, and then develop the Silver Centurion at some point closer to the end of the movie. That's about it for me.

If there's a Mark IV, it'll probably just be the Mark III updated slightly. Maybe the triangle chest peice, a couple different aesthetic changes.
Yep, i was just thinking, since Iron Man is heavily known to constantly upgrade his appearance that in the sequel they will do the same and he'll don a Mark IV which will probably closer to his Extremis suit, with Triangle chest piece and all.

i wouldnt mind seeing the ultimate armor in the avengers film...perhaps justify the change by saying the ultimate suit was made to withstand certain amounts of mandarins magic

But isn't it supposed to be round because of the miniature arc-reactor powering his heart?

they could easily explain the change...perhaps the traingle is a mor epowerful design? or is more efficient in some way of another? or maybe the arch reactor in his chest is still round and the chest piece covers it with a traingular piece for some reaon i cant think of.

I actually like the circle look and would prefer that they keep it. But I wouldn't be mad if it gets changed.

triangle only for silver centurion and hulk buster. everything else should be traditional circle.

War Machines pretty much a given; but I'd go along with what seems to be the general consensus around here and say Silver Centurion and Stealth armour also.

631opq0.png

im_stealth_2.jpg

I think we'll only see Mark 3, War Machine & maybe Hulkbuster.

Hulk Buster
it should at the very least be shown in the back ground

Hulk Buster
it should at the very least be shown in the back ground

I would love to see him working on it througout the film. And at the very end, the complete suit is revealed.
Tony puts it on and Jarvis asks him: "where are you going?"
Tony: "I have a date with a jolly green giant."

:bh:

I think they shouldn't really focus upon the designing of any new suits...

Depending on the time period between the two films.. say a few months i think that with Stark Industries and Stark himself put under a lot of pressure he's more or less gone underground for a month or two and built several suits for many incidences.

This would also be a good way to show his alcoholism.
This scene should be shown by Stark being visited by Rhodey in his underground garage. Stark should say he has something to show Rhodey.

Rhodey expects a new suit, he could say something like "What you built a new suit?" (better than that)
Stark "Something like that"

He presses a button and a secret room is opened where there is a whole room of different armours. So the fans can see them it should be like flicking lights on as the camera goes through the room. If you know what i mean.

Rhodey could say something like "Damn you've been busy"

Stark says "thats not all" and introduces him to Rhodey's War Machine armour.

Basically all the armours should be in the film.

I would love to see him working on it througout the film. And at the very end, the complete suit is revealed.
Tony puts it on and Jarvis asks him: "where are you going?"
Tony: "I have a date with a jolly green giant."

:bh:

That would be great!

If the hulkbuster were to be used, do you guys think it should be just Tony in that suit, or Tony, in the Mark III, in the Hulkbuster?

This scene should be shown by Stark being visited by Rhodey in his underground garage. Stark should say he has something to show Rhodey.

Rhodey expects a new suit, he could say something like "What you built a new suit?" (better than that)
Stark "Something like that"

He presses a button and a secret room is opened where there is a whole room of different armours. So the fans can see them it should be like flicking lights on as the camera goes through the room. If you know what i mean.

Rhodey could say something like "Damn you've been busy"

Stark says "thats not all" and introduces him to Rhodey's War Machine armour.

Basically all the armours should be in the film.

that would be cool to see. :yay:

Probably Tony will use the Mark III as a main suit, but it got wrecked by some powerful enemy and Tony is forced to use some incomplete Mark IV with some experimental special ability, maybe something like Extremis

Or Tony can upgrade Mark III so it can mount extra weapons, armor and jetpacks

I expect the film to open with alot of media coverage of IM's latest escapades, so when we do see the armory, I'd like to see, MIII, WarMachine, and several other "concept" suits. Tony always seemed to be thinking, so I'd expect him to make about 3 suits from the end of IM 1 till the start of IM 2.

The sequel should be an adaptation of Extremis, so the Mark IV should look like the Extremis armour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"