Comics What is in store for Spidey this year?

bryanss3

Summerholidays
Reaction score
If you didn't notice the splash page in the Madame Web story in issue 600
was a little preview of things that are going to happen in Spidey's world from 600 on. If you don't know what I'm talking about you don't have issue 600 and you should go pick it up ASAP

well here is the splash page
splash page image
sorry that its 2 pages and not just one big image. if anyone has a full scan feel free to post it.
splashside1.jpg

splshside2-1.jpg

As we already know from Newsarama the Rhino and Electro will be returning to begin the Gauntlet. Also the Lizard is going to return sometime next year.
The Women Spidey's kissing is most likely the Black Cat, but it could also be Ms. Marvel(they agreed to go on a date in an issue of Ms. Marvel and a future New Avengers solicit says 2 members are gonna hook up)
Hopefully some interactions with Spiderwoman and Araña(hopefully she's not killed) in the pages of ASM.
The image of the knife in Spidey's chest reminds me of the cover for Spider-Man: The List but could be something else.
I'm not sure what exactly some of the other images are. Thought I'd just throw this stuff out there to be discussed. If you guys have any ideas please share them.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha. It's the Parker luck.

Aloha,
I also think we'll be seeing the Kraveninoff women (mom and daughter).
Spidey rules

I'm just pleased that we are going to be getting back into some of the old school Spider-Man villains. Looking forward to that.

I am also very much looking forward to the whole "Who was Ben Reilly" storyline as I am a Clone Saga fanatic. And looking forward to the first issue of the new Web of Spider-Man series in which Kaine will be the featured story, in the REGULAR Marvel Universe! Oh yeah!

I'm very excited about the coming year for Spider-Man! VERY!

And I agree with Cap Stacy too, hahaha! :oldrazz:

Well that appears to be Mama Kraven having a burnt hand print on her face. I immediately thought of the "Mark of Kaine" when I saw this, but Kaine's were just webbing's and not an actual hand print. Maybe Molten Man?

Last edited:
i think we'll see LOTS of whining from fans. :up:

Actually if the stories pick up and keep up a good pace, I could learn to enjoy Brand new day.

So far the stories have been mediocre and most of the villains thus far have been throw away, for a reboot of the Spidey-saga.
These stories look like they will kick butt. THIS IS SPIDEY :spidey::up:

Anyone have any idea what the thing ripping the Black Spidey costume might be?

I am such a sucker for the darker, more serious takes on Spidey. :csad:
I love fun story elements.
But I utterly love the "Peter David jean dewolfe-esque" tales.

But I think it's pretty clear this is where they shoulld have started. If they did this before, I would have been gung ho for the reboot.

Of course it's still too early to tell, but I am REALLY excited. That says alot. :D

Anyone remember the Hobgoblin being mentioned in the ASM 589 letters page? Maybe those are his pumpkin knives, not Norman's or Harry's.

Anyone have any idea what the thing ripping the Black Spidey costume might be?

I was thinking that it was Vermin...as I think he has more association with the black costume, and he's also been playing the role of a pet to baby Kravin :p

I love that pic at the bottom of the splash page. I dont know if its Sergei, but its creepy as hell. :woot:

INteresting things await, indeed. I'm still curious who that is in the last pic. Possibly Kraven? :up:

I am such a sucker for the darker, more serious takes on Spidey. :csad:
I love fun story elements.
But I utterly love the "Peter David jean dewolfe-esque" tales.

But I think it's pretty clear this is where they shoulld have started. If they did this before, I would have been gung ho for the reboot.

Of course it's still too early to tell, but I am REALLY excited. That says alot. :D
This just looks fantastic, if you ask me. :up:

I'm only picking up the Ben Reilly issues. Beyond that, I could care less.

Well that appears to be Mama Kraven having a burnt hand print on her face. I immediately thought of the "Mark of Kaine" when I saw this, but Kaine's were just webbing's and not an actual hand print. Maybe Molten Man?

Y'know, I never understood why the Mark of Kaine didn't show as a handprint, seeing as how it was caused literally by Kaine's hand pulling the face so hard that it left that mark for good...:huh:

But I actually thought of Echo when I saw that picture. Didn't think of Kaine.

I hope they keep Sergei dead and not ressurect him...I kind of like his offsprings taking up the mantle...but none of them seem to stick....isn't baby Kraven the third attempt now?

I hope they keep Sergei dead and not ressurect him...I kind of like his offsprings taking up the mantle...but none of them seem to stick....isn't baby Kraven the third attempt now?

Fourth, technically. There was a very short lived son of Sergei in the God awful "Get Kraven" series: Ned Tannenbaum. Thankfully, Alyosha (I think it was Alyosha anyway) killed him.

i think we'll see LOTS of whining from fans. :up:

Haha, always.

I can't wait for The Gauntlet, i can't really call it a storyline, cause its a more overall takeover of the title, but unlike some others, i think the BND ...and i hate calling it that anymore, its just ASM, not BND, ...but i think the recent storylines, from NWTD on have progressively gotten better, found better ways to characterize the people around Peter, while keeping them interesting, plus im a fan of some of the new villains. Paper Doll, Menace and Mr. Negative are all characters that could of been introduced 5 years ago, let alone characterizing them as just BND villians.

But when it comes down to it, the oldies are always the best, seeing Rhino, Electro, Kraven family, Man Wolf, ...THE BLACK CAT! return are all great.

But when it comes down to it, the oldies are always the best, seeing Rhino, Electro, Kraven family, Man Wolf, ...THE BLACK CAT! return are all great.

Thats the Spidey team's Ace in the Hole, imo. People are looking forward to seeing the classic baddies return. I wouldnt be surprised to see sales jump up in the coming months. I know I personally wouldnt be buying these stories without the lineup that is planned.

i think the BND ...and i hate calling it that anymore, great.

Then stop calling it that. :cwink::oldrazz:

I don't call it that. It's The Amazing Spider-Man. Brand New Day was almost two years ago now. Now exactly "brand new" now is it?

I'm looking very forward to the upcoming Kaine storyline in Web of Spider-Man # 1. Very interested to see what they do with that and how they work the Clone Saga part of Spidey's continuity back into the new state of things. Very interesting to see! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"