• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Is The Last Comic You've Read - Part 4

I haven't read comics in a long while. But if you're a Spider-Man fan I always recommend checking out Gerry Conway's run from 111-149 and Tom DeFalco's first run from 251-283.

Conway's run is way more than the Death of Gwen Stacy issue. The first few issues is Conway basically feeling is way after taking over for Stan Lee. Of course, it truly picks up with 121 and 122. Those issues are still strong on an individual level and the whole storyline was so effective because Conway showed Peter's grieving through the rest of his run.

During the run, we are introduced to the Punisher, Tarantula, Green Goblin II and the secret ID behind the Jackal. Peter's relationship with MJ is depicted with real maturity including their first on page kiss. It's a truly enjoyable run.

DeFalco's run doesn't carry the same emotional weight but is good in it's own right. Defalco introduced a bunch of new villains, most of them B level except for Silver Sable. But DeFalco called upon the spirit of Stan Lee by giving Peter a nice mix of everyday problems and vulnerabilities. The run includes MJ revealing she always knew his secret ID, the alien costume saga which is available separately as a trade paperback, and the mystery teasing Hobgoblin's ID. The Hobgoblin storyline was never completed by DeFalco as he was controversially fired before others finished the storyline.

I haven't read comics in a long while. But if you're a Spider-Man fan I always recommend checking out Gerry Conway's run from 111-149 and Tom DeFalco's first run from 251-283.

Conway's run is way more than the Death of Gwen Stacy issue. The first few issues is Conway basically feeling is way after taking over for Stan Lee. Of course, it truly picks up with 121 and 122. Those issues are still strong on an individual level and the whole storyline was so effective because Conway showed Peter's grieving through the rest of his run.

During the run, we are introduced to the Punisher, Tarantula, Green Goblin II and the secret ID behind the Jackal. Peter's relationship with MJ is depicted with real maturity including their first on page kiss. It's a truly enjoyable run.

DeFalco's run doesn't carry the same emotional weight but is good in it's own right. Defalco introduced a bunch of new villains, most of them B level except for Silver Sable. But DeFalco called upon the spirit of Stan Lee by giving Peter a nice mix of everyday problems and vulnerabilities. The run includes MJ revealing she always knew his secret ID, the alien costume saga which is available separately as a trade paperback, and the mystery teasing Hobgoblin's ID. The Hobgoblin storyline was never completed by DeFalco as he was controversially fired before others finished the storyline.
This was the golden age of Spidey and a very good run in my opinion.

I just read Nightwing 140, 141. (Working my way through Tomasi’s run)

Wonder Woman 45

Daredevil 7

Justice League 15

Action Comics 994

The Green Lantern Annual 1

Animal Man 60

Superman 161

Berserk: Prepared for Death, Chapter 1

Justice League Dark 14-19

Justice League Europe 1

JLA 73

Nightwing 133

Lobo 4

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything 4

Lucifer 42

Mr. Miracle 1

Parasyte chapter 15

I had to look those up to see if they were real! :funny: Are they any good?
Lol. They’re real. And they are pretty hilarious. I liked both of them. Tom King wrote the Batman/ Elmer Fudd story. It’s very creative. The various Looney Tune characters are reimagined as people in a dark and gritty noir story. Elmer Fudd is actually a hitman. It’s very different and on one hand, super serious, but also very self aware.

Deathstroke/ Yogi Bear story is pure gold. It embraced the anthropomorphic bears aspect as opposed to reimagining them as actual people. There’s even a hilarious panel where Slade flashes back on previous battles with King Shark and Jabber Jaws. I had a huge smile on my face with their story.

The problem is that they are double issues and the second stories in them aren’t really worthwhile. In fact, I didn’t even finish the follow up story in the Deathstroke Yogi Issue (the follow up story had neither character and I wasn’t really familiar with the characters who were in it). The second story in the Batman issue was very cartoonish and silly.

@Babillygunn They do sound hilarious! :funny: So is this a brand new alternate world/timeline/continuity?
I believe that they were some one off specials from around a year ago. They had this as well as some all ages releases last year that actually included a pretty funny team up between Gentleman Ghost, Deadman, and Specter with Scooby Doo. That was very kid friendly whereas the other ones were more teen and up. The Scooby one had Scooby Doo get possessed by the Specter in a hilarious panel.

94B07079-0572-4338-852D-1223DE145DD4.jpeg

It’s definitely different than the Deathstroke Yogi teamup

67E54E58-1B59-469D-A0AC-DC1DA1F88CED.jpeg 033F512D-2211-47C0-B567-47B0E91FDB90.jpeg

Adrian Tomine's Summer Blonde collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"