BvS What is the likelihood of Mercy Graves being in Batman/Superman film? Casting ideas?

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score
Charlize Theron? Milla Jovavich?
o03pf6.png

Her presence and casting in the film would be a possible indicator of Wonder Woman's presence also. At the very least it would confirm that Amazons exist in the movies.

I gotta say, I don't care much for the Mercy character. I mean, she's okay, but she comes attached to a version of Lex Luthor that I don't want to see. The pompous, greedy, massage-having, Armani-wearing Luthor from STAS... meh. That's the kind of guy who would go out of his way to get a hot bodyguard, but I feel the movie Lex should be an true idealist, a guy who hates Superman for actual ideological reasons, not just because he interferes with his crooked deals. That's a guy who would be BEYOND superficial stuff, and having a Mercy by his side would go against that. So no Mercy, I hope.

Her presence and casting in the film would be a possible indicator of Wonder Woman's presence also. At the very least it would confirm that Amazons exist in the movies.
Mercy was never conceived of as an Amazon. They slipped that retcon into the comics much later and it is definitely not a defining trait of her character. It might also be difficult to explain how an Amazon warrior came to be Lex's bodyguard within the context of a single film.

She's been portrayed as a cyborg too (Young Justice animated series), but I wouldn't count on seeing that either. If she appears, she'll be there as merely a badass who can shoot better than anyone else and who can handle herself in hand-to-hand if necessary. Her fighting skills need not be explained as being supernaturally Amazonian or even cyborg-based. She does not need to exchange blows with Superman.

I'm kind of in support of her and Hope showing up as some kind of powered up bad-assets (I'm sorry for the pun, but I had to) for Luthor to unleash on Batman and give him some time against Superman. I just kind of think there's still enough of a surprise there that it really would build up Luthor's cred if he either employed Amazons or created these super dangerous chicks, maybe from the same stuff used to create Deathstroke.

Just a regular hot badass chick would be expected. A badass chick who introduces a world where Wonder Woman already exists and let's us know that Luthor's aware of Themiscyra would be unexpected, especially if they treat it as Luthor's hidden trump card, to demonstrate just how far ahead of the curve he is.

I guess with the choice of Jesse, we could guess a younger Mercy?

You have a lot of plot to deal with in the film, I highly doubt we're getting extra stuff like Mercy Graves.

You have a lot of plot to deal with in the film, I highly doubt we're getting extra stuff like Mercy Graves.

Maybe not a MAJOR role, but a few scenes here and there could be possible.

Either Rosamund Pike or Rooney Mara. As for how she should be portrayed, I'm fine with her being either just a "badass normal" or a cyborg. She should NOT be an Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"