BvS Is the BvS universe being rebooted after Justice League? [SPOILERS]

No, don't reboot.

Have JL part one be just that, part 1. It can be a self contained story, after all, it's bout the justice league, not the villain.

So we have this year, WW (period piece and origin story) and SS which further establishes the Gotham world.

Justice league then introduces us to Cyborg, Aquaman, Flash, hopefully green lantern to go along side Batman and WW, which everyone likes. Then, a new improved Superman (by that i mean the world is so happy he is back, he sees the world differently and is a lot more lighter.)

Then, give us Batman Solo, Flash Solo, Superman Solo, Green lantern Solo and have WW appear in all of these movies as a given - this will have an appeal for a wider audience.

Then, JL Pt 2 which can be any story line they like. Then go from there.

Reason why - there is nothing wrong with Superman, in the sense that he needs to be changed, they just need to focus more on what makes superman great. Cavill can shine.

Batfleck will be great, but i can't see him doing more than 2 more movies.

The remaining cast, they all have huge potential and i am pretty sure would not be turning their back on the project.

So, based on your OP, by "BvS universe", you meant "Man of Steel trilogy"

Just destroy the MOS Earth and start over with another Earth. That's rebooting without rebooting.

WARNING

SPOILERS AHEAD

Anyone else feel after seeing this movie theres no way this Universe of heroes is going to go past Justice League Part 2?

Clark Kent is dead. Which means no daily planet stuff. Luthor knows the identity of all the heroes. Doomsday story is done and they are about to do Darkseid's story. Who is left? Olsen is dead. Mercy Graves is dead. Luthor is a known convicted criminal. So that makes alot of subplots like him becoming president something they cant do. They're really limited with him now.

Theres really not much left to do or places to go once they finish Justice League Part 2. Thats why I feel WB is going to reboot everything after all the currently announced films are finished.

What we're seeing now is a 'trilogy' from Zack Snyder, Man of Steel, BvS, then the two Justice League films. Its not a real cinematic universe like what Marvel made. I think the real cinematic universe is what we will get when they reboot everything after 2020.

Agree or not?

The comics didn't reboot after Superman came back.

They find a way to bring back Clark. Maybe some friends in the government step in and say the death
was faked.

Luthor knows the heroes, well currently he's in jail. Maybe he won't survive. Maybe he'll just keep his mouth shut.

Doomsday and Darkseid are not the end all be all. That's ridicules. Justice League Unlimited may have pull that, but that isn't the truth. Superman and Doomsday is an influential story but it's not the end of the story. It's not the climax.

Olsen is dead? Honestly they could retcon this and even then, you don't need Jimmy.

Mercy is dead? STAS may have used her a bit, but she is a very minor character. Like i only know of a handful of comics that actually feature her.

Besides there's more to Superman then Lex Luthor. Brainiac? Mongul? Seriously Superman's got a huge roster. And this is just Superman.

Luthor being a know convicted criminal? So what, the comics have done a lot with this. Luthor doesn't need to be the president. Hell currently saving the damn planet from the crime syndicate gained him a pardon and his company back. Made him a hero. So so they don't have to be done with him. Justice League Unlimited certainly did plenty with known criminal Lex.

Jl2? We haven't even done the first film. We don't know it's plot.

Cinematic Universe? You do understand Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are happening? How is that any different from what Marvel did? Hell by Part 2, throw in some more heroes.

I strongly disagree. Please read up on Superman, your grasp of the character and his universe seems limited. Go check out stuff like All Star Superman. You will enjoy it. Then expand your thinking of DC. The whole universe doesn't revolve around Superman.

Blackest Night is a Green Lantern story. Flashpoint is a Flash story. Hell Final Crisis while featuring Darkseid as the baddie barely features Superman.

You think they are at the end..........they've only just begun.

A reboot in the traditional sense isn't needed. Look at the Xmen series and how they turned that around. I believe the "problems" with MoS and BvS can be corrected using results from BvS...

For example
- Superman comes back after the Doomsday event as the Superman everybody knows and wants. He does a Gandalf the White and is changed for the better.
- Batman, since the Doomsday event has relearned what it is to show mercy and go back to his no-kill-code.
- Lex, as a result of being jailed becomes cold, more calculated and less quirky.

As for the stories...
Slow the hell down when it comes to plot points and characters and become more focused. If Spiderman 3 and ASM 2 showed us anything, it was that cramming your movie full of characters and pointless side quests distracts from the overall experience and leaves the majority of the GA feeling like they're cramming for an exam.

BvS really should have simply been MoS 2 with the fall-out of MoS being the main theme. Introducing Lex, fully fleshing him out and attempting to turn public/government opinion against him. Give him the chance to explain his side of the story, show Superman in his glory and flesh out more of the Clark Kent side. MoS 2 could have also introduced Batman in some smaller capacity, even WW but it could have built up that anticipation of a showdown with Batman even more. BvS in this timeline would have a more focused story. We'd know Lex, we'd know WHY he's against Supes and we wouldn't need to shoehorn Lois adventures or anything else when it was shown in MoS 2.

Actually, I think they will reboot albeit not in the traditional sense. I think they'll Crisis it up and reboot the whole Universe in a massive JL blowout movie.

A reboot in the traditional sense isn't needed. Look at the Xmen series and how they turned that around. I believe the "problems" with MoS and BvS can be corrected using results from BvS...

For example
- Superman comes back after the Doomsday event as the Superman everybody knows and wants. He does a Gandalf the White and is changed for the better.
- Batman, since the Doomsday event has relearned what it is to show mercy and go back to his no-kill-code.
- Lex, as a result of being jailed becomes cold, more calculated and less quirky.

As for the stories...
Slow the hell down when it comes to plot points and characters and become more focused. If Spiderman 3 and ASM 2 showed us anything, it was that cramming your movie full of characters and pointless side quests distracts from the overall experience and leaves the majority of the GA feeling like they're cramming for an exam.

BvS really should have simply been MoS 2 with the fall-out of MoS being the main theme. Introducing Lex, fully fleshing him out and attempting to turn public/government opinion against him. Give him the chance to explain his side of the story, show Superman in his glory and flesh out more of the Clark Kent side. MoS 2 could have also introduced Batman in some smaller capacity, even WW but it could have built up that anticipation of a showdown with Batman even more. BvS in this timeline would have a more focused story. We'd know Lex, we'd know WHY he's against Supes and we wouldn't need to shoehorn Lois adventures or anything else when it was shown in MoS 2.

This

The changes are going to be jarring initially. But if they are really good changes that everyone likes, people won't care to much.

I think WB should just give up on making DC movies wouldn't we all agree? They've never made a good one and never will they should just give up on making comic book movies all together. ��

TDK trilogy likes to say hello :yay:

I swear so many of you are jumping the gun after only two installments. Even MCU had a couple of decent to crap (imo) installments before it blew up in Avengers. Granted they did start off with the excellent Iron Man. But MoS wasn't so bad. It might be divisive, but it was still a decent start. And if they even make it all the way to JL2, that must means they already have a decent number of successes to warrant going that far, so I highly doubt there are plans to reboot after JL2. And the potential to move forward in different directions in the same universe is huge post-JL2. Both Cyborg and GLC happens after JL2. That can easily lead into Teen Titans via Cyborg's film, and GLC can expand the universe way deep into space. We're 2 films in, with 2 more that's done but yet to be released. Let's calm down and relax, and watch and enjoy these films before we make any ridiculous claims to reboot something that barely got off the ground.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"