Comics What is your Favorite Arc or Issue from "The Amazing Spider-Man" . :spidey:

Rogue Kira

All Knowing Spidey-Fan
Reaction score
So what is your favorite Arc/Issue from the Amazing Spider-man?
You know That issue that makes you go HOLY **** I LOVE THIS COMIC
Some that sticks with you makes and makes you think. You know what I'm talking about . That issue that made you love comics. Like you couldn't wait for the next one.:spidey:

Most of those comics came out in the 70's for me... and the early part of the 80's... the 90's made me stop (1997 to be exact though I did still buy a few books... like HellBlazer), and then force of habit, along with love of some characters brought me back in 2001...

Almost any comic from the 70's made me want to come back... a lot of books from the 80's made me think... a part of me feels like I outgrew the hobby in the 90's...

:csad:

from the days of my youth, gonna go with that classic 3 part Master Planner storyline from ASM #31-33... Spidey surmounting all odds to save Aunt May...

my runner up would be the Spidey/Goblin showdown from ASM #39-40... the very first time ever and anywhere in a Marvel comic at that time where the hero and the villain's true identities were revealed to each other...

from the days of my youth, gonna go with that classic 3 part Master Planner storyline from ASM #31-33... Spidey surmounting all odds to save Aunt May...

my runner up would be the Spidey/Goblin showdown from ASM #39-40... the very first time ever and anywhere in a Marvel comic at that time where the hero and the villain's true identities were revealed to each other...

When he lift that piece of machinery up to get the Iso serum . Talk about about dramatic.

Most of those comics came out in the 70's for me... and the early part of the 80's... the 90's made me stop (1997 to be exact though I did still buy a few books... like HellBlazer), and then force of habit, along with love of some characters brought me back in 2001...

Almost any comic from the 70's made me want to come back... a lot of books from the 80's made me think... a part of me feels like I outgrew the hobby in the 90's...

:csad:

Well thats cool

When he lift that piece of machinery up to get the Iso serum . Talk about about dramatic.

got that right...

and back in the day when there were no comic shops, no internet, no previews magazines of any sort except the Marvel Bullpen Bulletins page, having Spidey and the Goblin unmasked was a big deal and some major s**t when it actually happened...

seeing it all unfold without warning as you're reading it just stunned the f**k out of me back then... I remember me and some friends got together and started talking about it once we picked up our copies at the local drug store and went home to read them... we just HAD to get together and talk about it...

man, those are some really great memories from 1966...

I already made this thread.

got that right...

and back in the day when there were no comic shops, no internet, no previews magazines of any sort except the Marvel Bullpen Bulletins page, having Spidey and the Goblin unmasked was a big deal and some major s**t when it actually happened...

seeing it all unfold without warning as you're reading it just stunned the f**k out of me back then... I remember me and some friends got together and started talking about it once we picked up our copies at the local drug store and went home to read them... we just HAD to get together and talk about it...

man, those are some really great memories from 1966...

And to think I was born in 91".
But luckily I have the privilege to read all 690 . and tommorow it'll be 691!

And to think I was born in 91".
But luckily I have the privilege to read all 690 . and tommorow it'll be 691!

you youngster you... :woot:

but any Spidey fan is a friend of mine... :cool: :up:

It's cool that people can read the issues... but I get what T-Strike is saying... we didn't have the internet, we didn't have Previews, hell... we didn't have comic shops saving YOUR personal copy...

I remember being 12 years old walking through town through a snowstorm looking for a copy of Batman #309 back in 1979... calling up stores, asking the clerk to check the racks... feeling like "maybe they did... maybe they didn't"...

And like T-Strike said... when stuff went down in the books, you were just floored... no one ever saw stuff coming...

I was only 6 in 1973, but I can't imagine reading ASM #120 with the Hulk one issue, and then reading ASM #121 the next month... no announcements... nothing.

Those were the days... :up:

:yay:

Incidently, while I have a LOT of favorite Spidey books, my favorite run is the one by Marv Wolfman in the late 70's... specifically ASM #185 to #200... some of the best stuff in Spidey lore is in there...

I actually love The Other
Anything written by Peter David is readable as many times as the sun rises a month, or more

The cover looks pretty awesome, doesn't it?

I am actually waiting for 700 to come before i start reading again i like to read in bulk so if you can help it please no spoilers . Dont judge me lol

I am actually waiting for 700 to come before i start reading again i like to read in bulk so if you can help it please no spoilers . Dont judge me lol
Judge you? I actually think that is a great idea. I kinda wish I was as smart as you and had the self control you have. But, I'm gonna be getting this new one as soon as possible just to finish off a story arc.

This issue is one of my personal favorite issue written by Peter David

It's a beautiful confrontation between Jonah Jameson and Peter Parker after revealing himself to the public, it's a standing proof that Peter David is the best writer to ever handle Jonah Jameson jr in mainstream comics, and it's the version I'm glad was translated to the 90s animated series

Bendis wrote a great Jameson in his series Ultimate Spider-Man, as a huge fan of Ultimate Spider-Man I think the high notes about Jameson in that universe being human and not simply a jackassy caricature loud mouth. Ultimatum and after knowing that Peter is Spider-Man cemented this version of Jameson as a great character in my view

After today's issue, it looks like the next issues of ASM are all going to lead up to ASM 700 and that book itself might be the conclusion to a multi-part arc.

After today's issue, it looks like the next issues of ASM are all going to lead up to ASM 700 and that book itself might be the conclusion to a multi-part arc.
I sure hope so, have a strong urge to drop the book after 700 because of the Now reboot, don't want a reason to continue collecting

I was only 6 in 1973, but I can't imagine reading ASM #120 with the Hulk one issue, and then reading ASM #121 the next month... no announcements... nothing.

Those were the days... :up:

Are you deliberately trying to bait me, Bats? :cwink:

Those two issues are exactly the first two issues of Amazing I ever got! I was a little older (I was eight) and my only reference was the 60's cartoon. I remember seeing at end of issue #120, all it said was Next: The Green Goblin! I thought, Neat! I know that villain! He's kinda cool looking! Ha, little did I know what I was in for in the grand scheme of being caught up in the world of Spider-Man comics!

Are you deliberately trying to bait me, Bats? :cwink:

Those two issues are exactly the first two issues of Amazing I ever got! I was a little older (I was eight) and my only reference was the 60's cartoon. I remember seeing at end of issue #120, all it said was Next: The Green Goblin! I thought, Neat! I know that villain! He's kinda cool looking! Ha, little did I know what I was in for in the grand scheme of being caught up in the world of Spider-Man comics!

Yeah.... I was setting you up a little bit... :up:

Nonetheless, you're the proof that is in the pudding... NO ONE saw it coming... and it blew your 8 year old mind away... :word:

Does anyone remember the issue where Spider-Man and Jameson get handcuffed together with a bomb attached to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"