Comics Your all-time favorite Spider-Man Issue?

AmazingSpider-Man211.jpg

Jeez, Spiderfan.org doesn't work for photos anymore? How long have I been asleep?

Amazing Spider-Man #121: The Death of Gwen Stacy
121.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #122: The Death of Norman Osborn
122.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #294: Kraven's Last Hunt
294.jpg

Web-Spinner's Tale of Spider-Man #11: The Show Must Go On
011.jpg

PPSM75 - Night of the goblin (a great story that FINALLY ended the dreaded clone saga)

SSM 200 - Harrys death

Spider-Man131.jpg

This is one of my most fave contemporary(ish,) Spider-Man issues.

In one single issue, Paul Jenkins managed to capture everything in which I believe Spidey is the most interesting multi layered super hero out there. It shows how varied Spider-Man stories can be.

The ish is about Peter going to a baseball game, and no Spider-Man, no action.

The whole ish flashes back the last baseball game Ben took Pete to before he died, and how Pete wasn't really into it at 1st.

Eventually we go on to see one of the many lessons Ben taught Peter, about perserverance, faith, and to keep trying.

I very much felt that Jenkins had a real ability, to show what Ben gave to Peter's character, his sense of humour, and how to be a man.

This was so refreshing, as opposed to he usual 'with great power,' same ol' flash back plot device.

This ish really brought a tear to my eye when I 1st read it.

This is my favorite:

NewYorkPics033.jpg

A) Because when i was a kid (i mean knee-high, not even old enough to read yet), i was utterly fascinated by Ditko's splash pages of Spidey battling each member of the Six. They still take my breath away, four decades later.

B) Because The Man himself signed it for me. :word:

(now if only i could somehow get Ditko to sign it as well...can you imagine? :wow: )

hmmm,... wonder if their are any duel signed Spidey books w/ both creators sigs out there?...

Spider-Man131.jpg

This is one of my most fave contemporary(ish,) Spider-Man issues.

In one single issue, Paul Jenkins managed to capture everything in which I believe Spidey is the most interesting multi layered super hero out there. It shows how varied Spider-Man stories can be.

The ish is about Peter going to a baseball game, and no Spider-Man, no action.

The whole ish flashes back the last baseball game Ben took Pete to before he died, and how Pete wasn't really into it at 1st.

Eventually we go on to see one of the many lessons Ben taught Peter, about perserverance, faith, and to keep trying.

I very much felt that Jenkins had a real ability, to show what Ben gave to Peter's character, his sense of humour, and how to be a man.

This was so refreshing, as opposed to he usual 'with great power,' same ol' flash back plot device.

This ish really brought a tear to my eye when I 1st read it.

I like the chick with the tremendous boobs in the top left corner. :word: :up:

That's Humberto Ramos art, correct?

Here's more of my favorite Issue's.

AmazingSpider-Man050.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man039.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man040.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManAnnual01.jpg

These Issue's were great, and very important to read. By the way, I have ASM Issue# 50. :up:

I like the chick with the tremendous boobs in the top left corner. :word: :up:

That's Humberto Ramos art, correct?

Lol

Yep. he only did the cover though, the interiors were done by Mark Buckingham. I love Ramos' artwork, but his style is not really suitable for a story like this.

I think Buckingham works really well with these 'slice of life,' stories:word:

Lol

Yep. he only did the cover though, the interiors were done by Mark Buckingham. I love Ramos' artwork, but his style is not really suitable for a story like this.

I think Buckingham works really well with these 'slice of life,' stories:word:

I agree, but i remember not being too crazy about his action sequences....

It was good, but I wish Ben Reilly would have gone out with more of a bang instead of being impaled in his civies. He should have died in costume fighting Green Goblin beside Peter.

I prefer the first part of Revelations with the bonding that happens between Pete and Ben in Peter's attic. That has some of my favorite clone saga moments. They really were like brothers by the end.

PS: Oh and apologies to Cullen.
That's okay. :yay: (It's only taken several months for me to get to this....:whatever:)

Either ASM #31-33, or ASM#39-40. It was a huge turning point in spider-man, and the first comic from stan's run that i bought.
AmazingSpider-Man039.jpg

I don't remember this. How can that be?

That would mean the Green Goblin knows who Spider-Man is! And we all know no one knows Spidey's secret id!

SpectacularSpider-Man186.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Man187.jpg

SpectacularSpider-Man188.jpg

"Funeral Arrangements" is my favourite Spidey story of all time. It's just beautiful.

Seriously, at the risk of sounding cliche, I'd have to say Amazing Spider-Man 121-122, The whole Death of Gwen Stacy & Green Goblin. Issue 121 was my second issue of Amazing. Talk about thrusting an eight year old right into a classic!

And Night of the Goblin was cool, too. Although his death in 122 was iconic, it was great to have the one true Goblin back (my favorite Spidey villian of all time) and do away with the clone nonsense. (The only bad side effect was the whole Baby May debacle :csad: I was really looking forward to THAT new chapter in Pete & MJ's life!)

All time favorite issue? Hmmmm I had think about this for awhile and its definitly coming from left field

AmazingSpider-Man491.jpg

ASM V2 #50(491)
I dunno just everything about the issue was great for me. The interaction of Peter and MJ throughout the whole issue alone wins it for me. They both just happen to run into each other in an airport in Denver of all places. Then some terroists coming in to kill Dr. Doom at the same airport, with Captain America as his bodyguard. Peter's interaction with Cap, going back and forth to helping him fight then taking break and sitting down to talk with MJ about their relationship. And then at the end of it all, Peter and MJ end up back with each other. Plus JR JR's art in this issue was on the right on the spot, especially on the full art page of Peter and MJ hugging towards the end.

This isn't my #1 favorite issue (though it is in the top 10), but I'll post it because no else has mentioned it.

012.jpg

There was an issue of Web of Spider-man (too lazy to look up the issue #) where Spidey is forced to protect Nightmare from the Hulk. That was a good one.

Let's get OBSCURE~!!!!

Spiderunlimit13.gif

Don't know why, but this one always stands out for me.

Spider-Man Unlimited 13, yeah Ben Reilly was Spider-Man, it was still hella fun. Joe Bennet's art is incredible, it gave Scorpion a menacing upgrade without actually changing anything about him, and it had Power Man and Iron Fist!

I still laugh thinking about the SWAT team busting in the door after Scorpion had already been taken down or had jumped away and Spider-Man sarcastically congratulating them.

Great, now I gotta go home and dig this coverless torn comic from my box.

All time favorite issue? Hmmmm I had think about this for awhile and its definitly coming from left field

AmazingSpider-Man491.jpg

ASM V2 #50(491)
I dunno just everything about the issue was great for me. The interaction of Peter and MJ throughout the whole issue alone wins it for me. They both just happen to run into each other in an airport in Denver of all places. Then some terroists coming in to kill Dr. Doom at the same airport, with Captain America as his bodyguard. Peter's interaction with Cap, going back and forth to helping him fight then taking break and sitting down to talk with MJ about their relationship. And then at the end of it all, Peter and MJ end up back with each other. Plus JR JR's art in this issue was on the right on the spot, especially on the full art page of Peter and MJ hugging towards the end.

This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"