What is your favorite Star Wars film?

Empire is the best one, but Jedi is my favorite.

Empire Strikes Back. Mostly because it was the first one I ever saw.

I went with ANH, probably because it's the one I've watched the most. Sure ESB's great, but there's just something about Episode IV that I've always liked better (and no, it wasn't the first one I ever saw - that was ESB).

Definitely Empire Strikes back!

Revenge of the sith is a close second simply because you saw how everything came together in that film, which was awesome!

I always saw the first trilogy as one movie because I watched them in sequential order. the prequels don't hold a candle to the originals , so if i have to choose , it's empire.

there's a battle in my mind between ROTS and ESB......so many great moments in both....

image006.jpg

hayden_christensen201.jpg

The Empire Strikes Back, without a doubt. I also regard it as one of the rare movies that is almost perfect in every sense: in terms of story, acting, character development and visual style. Its also one of the rare sequels that is better than is predecessor.

It's pretty much a tie between Sith and Empire.

But...Sith....narrowly.

Revenge of the Sith would have been my favourite had George Lucas not directed it, but since he did anyway, I'll support The Empire Strikes Back.

Empire will be the most popular choice here, but its Jedi for me.
The Luke/Vader/Palpatine confrontation will never be matched.

You know how FAMILY GUY and Robot Chicken (and other shows/youtube) had parodies/references to the old trilogy?

Do you think people would ever pay homage to the prequels? I'm gonna say it's never gonna happen because it's not as beloved as the old movies. Nor are they groundbreaking. They are just entertaining but that's it.

BTW, Empire Strikes Back for the win.

The Empire Strikes Back, without a doubt. I also regard it as one of the rare movies that is almost perfect in every sense: in terms of story, acting, character development and visual style. Its also one of the rare sequels that is better than is predecessor.

That one scene with Yoda lifting the X-Win out of the swamp is such a powerful and simple scene that it destroys the CGI fights in the prequels. Destroys. Less is more, baby.

"The Empire Strikes Back"...it's no contest, really.

The Empire Strikes Back
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

Mmmmmmmmm, good thread.

My favourite is Jedi ... but I do KNOW that Empire is the best, if that makes sense?

Episodes 1-3 are a curse on cinema but I will always have VERY fond memories of the build up to the opening of Phantom Menace. The summer of 99 was like being a child again ... buying the new toys and reading about the movie.

Then it came out ...... and I was sad.

Empire Strikes Back

When I was younger I loved ANH the most, but when I got older, I started appreciating ESB a whole lot more, even though I always did love it.

It's the training scenes on Degobah that make it so. Yoda is written superbly. Everything he says applies to real life. Just Hammil's interaction, Oz's master puppetry, make you really believe in him.

I just love the screenplay. Period. It's just the best of everything. The ending is a cliffhanger but it doesn't feel that way, not like DMC.

I love the interaction between Han and Leia, my favorite on screen romance of all time. Gradually, in ANH, they can't stand eachother, but you wonder if thewy could be together, and in this film, they still can't stand eachother, on the outside, but really they love eachother. The dialogue, when they're on Hoth and in the Falcon is gold. Pure gold.

Vader is ****ing badass in this film. When I was young it always disturbed me how many people he killed with force grip. Plus, the back of his head is revealed.

Boba fett is introduced of course, (his original voice FTMFW) And Lando Calrissean!

And the carbon freezing scene is one of my favorite all times scenes in the saga. But the battle between Luke and Vader is still the best duel in the saga.

Alright, who's the clown that voted for "Attack of the Clones"?

Someone voted for Attack of the Clones - far and away the worst movie :huh:

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack of The Clones

Someone voted for Attack of the Clones - far and away the worst movie :huh:

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack of The Clones

Wow, that is the same exact order of my list of favorite SW films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"