What is your overall opinion of Season 2:Generations?

Gilpesh. Either quit being such a jerk to your fellow posters or you can take a couple days off to cool down.

Loved it. but it was not in par with Season 1. :o

Looking forward to Volume 3 - Sylar's back. :bh:

And why is everyone thinking Volume 3 = Season 3?

Because depending on how long this writers strike lasts, it just might be. The original plan was to have season 2 consist of Volumes 2 and 3. This may still happen, or the strike might delay the show's return long enough for them to just call it a new season.

I hated this Volume at first, I felt it had given up on everything that made S1 great, as well as Kring's vision for the show, and just tried to rehash S1, exept this time, without the novelty or creativity. It frustrated me to no end. Episode 4 was the one that made me actually like it again, and it's had moments since then, but overall, I was simply not impressed.

The biggest problem to me was the pacing. The first six episodes were almost devoid of any forward movement or development, the last six episodes were jam-packed. To me, it only makes sense that you spread the goodness around so all your shows will be great, instead of jam packing 3 cliff hangers into each episode for the last half of the season, give each of your episodes 1.5 cliffhangers. Spread the story forward for a more even, smoother experience.

The most disappointing thing, for me this year, has been the fans. I've been flamed the heck out of for speaking my opinion on what's wrong with this show. I don't even consider going to 9th Wonders anymore. That's been the worst for me, that a show that had this much in depth thought during Season 1 has turned into a 'my favorite character' fest... I felt betrayed when Kring didn't go with his original vision, betrayed when he apologized for introducing new characters, I felt like this dense, immersive universe had been shrunken to "Peter and Friends" and I wanted to puke.

This was the only show on TV big enough to capture my imagination, and apparently, I'm the only one with an imagination, because everyone else just wants to see cute actors prance around with expository dialogue and occasional special effects. UGH.

It had its moments,but disappointing overall. I really wanted to like this season, I loved the first one. I felt that season 2 was rushed and that nothing was really resolved. But considering the writers strike anything, I feel they will pick up in volume 3.

After watching the finale,I think some people will agree with me on this.

It was very exciting in terms of where the season started,and after last night,even more exciting how they left it.

What sucked was the in betweens or how we got there.

If they busted out this "going public" storyline a little bit earlier,it would have been much better.

it was a okay season had some really unecessary storylines like Monica and The Wondertwins and Hiro sin 1600 for like half the season but i still don't think it is the finale i think what they will try to do is pull a Lost. if the strike ends soon, the season could come back in Feb like what Lost did in its third season

I think the first season set the bar very high in terms of story and pacing, and that the second season no matter what just couldn't live up to it, so they tried something a little different to gain new viewers but didn't up the story enough to keep the interest of old viewers.

In doing so, they slowed the pace down and everything had to explained out completely so as not to lose these new viewers. Old viewers noticed this and got annoyed by this. I also think the story for the second season was much less complex and very much drawn out, almost like filler. It didn't build up to much although it seemed like it would.

There also seemed to be less dynamic events, as if the writers knew they didn't have the time to incorporate it into the story or something. I got chills several times from the first season from some of the story "shake-ups"; not so with this season. Everything was very baseline, with very little interest spiking.

It also looks like the budget for the show got less and less with each episode. Last night's episode was almost laughable it was so obviously low budget. Peter and Adam's infiltration into Primatech was so cheap looking and badly choreographed, it made me laugh and cry at the same time. And we use to SEE Nathan flying, not a brief shot of his feet as they land, and then another shot of them "reacting" to landing on the ground. They used a similar technique on Star Trek by telling the actors to lean to the left if the ship starting swaying violently. And then when West takes off, we just see his feet disappear behind the roof of the house.

I think they had better effects this season.

to be fair, at this stage in the first series, it was kinda turd as well...
you really can't do anything with 11 eps...unless you know in advance and take out all the fillers possible

but then that messes up the pacing

I loved moments of it, I think season one was better but I think had we had a full season this year, it'd have been just as good as season one. They realized their mistakes and they were working on fixing it.

I think it's pretty much a consensus that season 2 doesn't live up to season 1's quality, and even when judged by itself. It is ridden with plots that developed too slowly, new characters that are badly developed and/or uninteresting, and the storyline for virus written unevenly and in the end, rather anti-climatic.

First of all, Hiro's stay at feudal Japan took way too long. They could've developed Tanzei/Adam's character in just a few episodes, because it removed Hiro from the current events and it was just a way to have Ando do something (why would Hiro returns after Ando read his notes from the sword, anyway? Hiro can choose when to return and he could've saved himself many papers). If it was to build up Adam's decension to villainy, then they should've done more for his character then just having him kill a few of the original 12 and trying to release the virus (with aid from Peter).

Nikki/Micah/Monica storyline was very poorly-conceived and developed. Nikki ended up crying and confused most of the time, and became nothing like her character in season 1. Monica is okay, but she is quite removed from the main storyline (even with Bob's involvement), and that iPod didn't really teach her to be anyone extraordinary. Micah is just a wonderkid. The thing is, you can removed these three and not affect the major plot in any way.

Maya/Alejandro/Sylar...need I to say more? At least Sylar finally got his powers back, which doesn't justify all those episodes of him traveling from Mexico with the Wonderless Twins, imho. I hope Maya will grow a brain from now on.

Matt/Molly/Mohinder...it's My Two Dads, basically. Matt has suddenly became much more powerful, while Suresh became stupid and dumb. What will be interesting in Volume 3 is that Matt will probably become anti-company, while Mohinder will be a Company Man. Who will get her custody?

Peter/Nathan...Peter is too powerful, but still doesn't know how to use his powers and make dumb mistakes. Nathan was very underused, and if he does died, I'll be pissed. Instead of creating new, bored characters like Alejandro, they could've given more screen to Nathan.

Besically, season 2 just feel slow and uneven early on, and later they tried to resolve all the plots later, which rushed them and gave us rather unsatisfactory conclusions. I hope season 3 (or Volume 3) will learn its lesson and go back to the quality of season 1.

Giving Nathan more screen time would not have given him a purpose in this season. His role was ill conceived and he did nothing at all useful except convince Peter to save the world, something that was not built up to at all this season - it rides on last season. Everything he did this seaosn could have never happened and nothing about the storyline would have changed. It could even have been someone else who convinced Peter to save the world potentially. Claire's usually good for that. Nathan's storyline was as empty as anyone else's. Both of these character have grown past their relatinship in S1, and unless the writers get a clue, one or both are going to be in another pointless storyline (Did Peter save Caitlin? Who cares! Was Nathan seeing things or just seeing things? Who cares!) next season as we try to recapture moments S1 moments that just aren't there anymore.

Monica and Micah can intertwine with the rest of the cast so easily. Vigilanteeism can draw attention. They could end up saving someone important, The Company or someone else might need either one of their skills. Micah's obsession with becoming a superhero combined with his unlimited knowledge resources make it EASY PEASY for him to get in on the action anywhere. It's not like the Company's firewall could keep him out. DO something with these guys.

But the easy answer, as has been stated, would be to spread some of the story forward into the first few episodes to get a quicker start, which would have improved the present season DRAMATICALLY.

Oh, and I want to see a physical fight. The closest thing I got was Peter and Adam mowing down security guards. Peter vs Hiro was more like a conversation with action mixed in. Very comic booky, but too much fullstop to carry momentum, and solved too comically to matter too much. Up to that point, the best I got to see was D.L. vs Jessica for back and forth super-powered tussling and creative power use.

man season 2 was ok i mean its not that bad that id rather watch brokeback mountain than season 2. its was ok i had fun. thank you very much.

and whats up guys.

Despite all the naysayers, I simply adored the hell out of this season, yeah it might not be able to beat season 1, but holy crap the storyline was absolutely incredible for how short it was.

The last episode was absolutely spectacular I was sooo shocked by the ending.

I wonder though if nikki dieing releases the virus, or was it incinerated completely?

This season was better than the first one. "Genesis" was a great Season with a disastrous, lame and terrible finale. "Generations", on the other hand, was a great season with a great finale.

No matter how disappointing this season felt, it still didn't finish properly. Had season one ended with its first eleven episodes, it would've been mediocre, too. Granted, this is a second season, but some forget that just as much as the show is continuing previous plots/storylines, it also is creating new ones, intertwining characters, and so on. Weak season? Yeah, sure, but the majority of the reason why the season is weak is because we wanted the season to try to fulfill something before it’s due time. It doesn't work that way. Nobody could honestly expect to be fulfilled with the greatness of the entire first season with only 11 episodes in of the second season. The fact that tis pretty much the end of season two only elevates what I posted above.

No matter how disappointing this season felt, it still didn't finish properly. Had season one ended with its first eleven episodes, it would've been mediocre, too. Granted, this is a second season, but some forget that just as much as the show is continuing previous plots/storylines, it also is creating new ones, intertwining characters, and so on. Weak season? Yeah, sure, but the majority of the reason why the season is weak is because we wanted the season to try to fulfill something before it’s due time. It doesn't work that way. Nobody could honestly expect to be fulfilled with the greatness of the entire first season with only 11 episodes in of the second season. The fact that tis pretty much the end of season two only elevates what I posted above.

There were only 11 episodes, but most of the episodes just had Sylar and the twins traveling from Mexico to the US, and Hiro stuck in Japan for a prolonged plot with Kenzei. The writers made alot of needless fillers, which contributed to the decline of season 2's quality.

I didn't think the whole Sylar thing was bad. It was building us up for something more, and didn't fill up as much time as people make it out to be. On the other hand, I did feel that Hiro spent too much time in feudal Japan. Now, Monica was a waste of time.

not as good as season one but with a more satisfying finale. I felt it took way to long to get both peter and hiro back into the group and interacting with people we knew and cared for. I hope we never see Caitlin again.

I thought it was disappointing. But I am still looking forward to season three.

Quite disappointing, depending on what they do with Nathan, I may stop watching for good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"