What is your worst movie theater experience?

I have had some crazy experiences that I mentioned in the old tread like this. I have been in movies where a fight broke out, people having sex, and seeing really crappy movies where people nearly rioted for a refund.

I went to see Rob Zombie's Halloween around 10pm with a mate and there were only four people in to see it. The two other guys were foreign and one of them was constantly on his phone yelling, walking in and out, therefore causing the door to squeak open and slam shut every time.

The movie was crap so I didn't care that much, but it was quite annoying.

Both SM3 and ASM2 were lack luster cluster ****s. But at least ASM2 has a really awesome male and female lead and great Spidey moments.

What does SM3 have? Venom? OOOH. big deal.

James Franco might be the only saving grace in that film. And mostly because he must've stopped taking it seriously entirely.
so_good.gif

Yeah, I mean, whereas SM3 had a dancing Peter Parker...TASM2 had super awesome dub-step battles and OTT Rhino, and completely botched the Goblin/Stacy story. So...yeahno.

Spider-Man 3 has J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, which is perfect casting. Nuff said.

TASM2 has no redeeming qualities, imo. Spidey 3 is a good, but heavily flawed film.

I've posted these in the other similar thread, but I'll repost them here:

1) At the 2014 WWE Royal Rumble, the man sitting next to me was giving a running commentary on the show. Normally I don't mind this when I go see a wrestling PPV at the theater, as it's a part of the whole experience. But this guy had the worst f**king breath. He smelled like he ate a s**t sandwich and didn't brush his teeth afterwards. He could kill a skunk with breath like that. From then on I started bringing breath mints and gum to the theater whenever I go see a WWE PPV.

2) When I went to see Conan The Barbarian in 2011, I had skipped lunch and decided to buy something to eat at the concession stand to eat while I watched he movie. The trailers were just about to start, so I figured I had ten or fifteen minutes before the actual feature started. I went and ordered a poutine (fries with cheese and gravy) and a large drink. There were a few people ahead of me, but the line wasn't very long so it shouldn't have taken very long. I ended up waiting for 35 minutes for my order and missing the first 15 or 20 minutes of my movie. I was so pissed off I complained to the manager afterwards and got three free movie passes for my troubles.

3) I went to see Rob Zombie's Halloween. That's it. Nothing happened at the theater. That movie was just so bad I wanted to scrub my eyeballs with steel wool afterwards.

Last edited:
Best/worst: Transformers 2. Worst because it's the worst blockbuster I've ever seen but good in a way because I was heckling it with my friends the whole time. Though I'm not entirely proud of it.

SM3 is a film.

TASM2 is a 2-and-a-half hour long advert for films that most likely won't even get made.

SM3 wins.

Oh, and my worst theater experience was Transformers 2. I don't think I need to explain why.

The Dark Knight Rises. I went to a midnight showing and was really hyped for it. The screening was completely packed , which was expected but my date and I sat close to someone who must have been eating heated garbage. We couldn't move and the smell was toxic. I still braved through the film , but at the end my gf turns to me and says "well that was stupid". So it put a damper on the evening. Then that night I got home to talk about it online and saw there was a shooting. That was really depressing. I never even went to see it in the theater again. ...

The absolute worst was the Black Xmas remake. I thought they were pulling a prank by showing that movie. Literally half the audience was booing towards the end. We all turned against that film lol.

I've also witnessed a fight during Saw 6 between an old man and a teenager. Weirdly enough the old man was the one being the jerk. During This is the end a drunk girl tried to hook up with me the entire time. I had to keep pulling my hand away from her and had to push her away from kissing me. I wanted to leave but I was with a couple of my friend who thought it was too amusing

Hi there :)

One bad experience for me was King Kong, the Jackson's version. I enjoyed the LOTR trilogy and I love Kong, so I thought this was gonna be a blast. Just the first 30 minutes were hell. I never fall asleep in theaters but I tried my best to have a nap until Kong himself appeared. By the moment Kong and Ann are in their romantic date, watching the sunset I wanted someone to put me out of my misery. :(

When I went to see Captain America: The First Avenger there was this group of stupid, obnoxious 12-13 year old girls who wouldn't shut up & wouldn't turn off their damn cell phones, and an equally annoying little boy who wouldn't shut up either - I actually threw my water bottle at him, my only regret being that it was empty. I thought about going out & telling management but it was like the last week of the film's run and I didn't want to miss any of it, so I felt screwed either way.

Fortunately, I did not have this problem when I went to see the Winter Soldier.

The Dark Knight Rises. I went to a midnight showing and was really hyped for it. The screening was completely packed , which was expected but my date and I sat close to someone who must have been eating heated garbage. We couldn't move and the smell was toxic. I still braved through the film , but at the end my gf turns to me and says "well that was stupid". So it put a damper on the evening. Then that night I got home to talk about it online and saw there was a shooting. That was really depressing. I never even went to see it in the theater again. ...

The absolute worst was the Black Xmas remake. I thought they were pulling a prank by showing that movie. Literally half the audience was booing towards the end. We all turned against that film lol.

I've also witnessed a fight during Saw 6 between an old man and a teenager. Weirdly enough the old man was the one being the jerk. During This is the end a drunk girl tried to hook up with me the entire time. I had to keep pulling my hand away from her and had to push her away from kissing me. I wanted to leave but I was with a couple of my friend who thought it was too amusing

Good God that was a bad movie. I'm glad I never saw it in theatres. I have it on DVD (bought it previously used for $2.50). The special features aren't bad though. Turns out the main reason for the movie sucking was studio interference. The writer and director wanted the movie to be more suspenseful like the original, but the studio demanded that it be filled with cheap jump scares and gore. If they had let the writer and director do their jobs, the jobs they went to school and STUDIED for, it might have been a much better film. Studio execs know business, writers and directors know film making. Stick to what you know!

Saw Godzilla over the summer with a buddy. During the scene where the male M.U.T.O. broke out of its cocoon and started destroying the power plant, the power shut off, just as a spark of electricity flashed across the screen. Talk about perfect timing.

Everything went back to normal after the power came back on (which took no more than fifteen minutes). Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw bright lights flashing in rapid succession. My friend and I turned and saw the woman a few seats over looking at her phone, which was where the lights were coming from. She wasn't making any effort to put her phone away or show anyone any consideration, and allowed her phone to go off like that at least twice more.

Probably not the worst experience I've ever had, but I was really shocked at her lack of consideration.

I remember going to see Be Cool and leaving halfway through, partly because the film was **** but mostly because these girls were sat next to us and didn't shut up all the way through. My brother ended up having a go at them and they shut up but I was ready to leave by then. Everytime that singer Andre 3000 came on they kept talking about how hot he was and when he said something they were like oh you can do that to me, etc. Was so ****ing annoying!

One of the funniest was when I went to see White Noise, missed the last 5 minutes because these two people started arguing a few seats down.

went to see Horrible Bosses 2 yesterday the movie was 10 min late starting no trailers at all the movie suddenly starts but no sound gets about 2 min in with no audio. somebody goes to tell the staff, they come in say they will fix the issue and restart the film. after they left the sound came back on (when they were demonstrating the shower buddy on the tv show), a few seconds later the movie started over from the WB/New Line logos and all was good. I have to say I been going to that theater since 91 never had an issue like that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"