Justice League What JUSTICE/Change would you like to see in any Character

Chris Hemsworth would've been cool. He even has the blond hair. He would've been spitting image of 90s Aquaman.

I would certainly love to grab Wonder Woman's sword and shield and toss them in the bin

I like Jesse as an actor. Not as Luthor (or at least the portrayal showed)
He is not my first choice (Jesse), I'd rather have someone like Corey Stoll, say what you want about Ant-Man but the guy was basically Luthor in it, calm, cool headed, sinister and with enough personality. Plus he already haves the bald dome:
Peter_Russo_zps1405feb5.jpg

Damn good choice for a Lex Luthor replacement. Personally I hate Eisenberg's portrayal of Luthor. Goofy, weird, anxious and weak are not my top adjectives to describe Lex, and that was all Eisenberg was; a millenial entrepeneur techie boy. He should have been a clear depiction of the ubermensch. Charismatic, charmingly cunning and yet dangerous as they come.

I'm also not convinced at all for the casting choice of Gal Gadot as WW. She should be a powerhouse, champion of the gods, a veteran warrior and princess of the amazons. We got a slim model with a pretty face. That was a major dissappointment. Her intrusion in BvS seemed too forced and pointless, and didn't help me to convince me of her casting, quiet the opposite.

Yeah, I like the idea of changing Lex to fit with modern times, the new generation of tech billionaire, it fits with the modernized interpretation of the mythology and is a good mix of businessman Lex with mad scientist Lex, but I think they would've benefitted from different casting to make him more compelling, ruthless, unsettling, frightening, etc. But, Idk, I'm still curious to see what he does next with the character, maybe it will make me like him more.

Same thing with Leto, I like the concept, in theory, but the execution fell short. I was a little thrown off by the tats and grill at first, but then I came to appreciate the idea, I just think they could've done a much better job with the tattoos, been more creative with it, the only one I really feel is inspired is the smile on his hand. But he had me absolutely sold with the first trailer, that small bit at the end, he seemed genuinely terrifying and insane, and looked like he was really enjoying himself, as the Joker should. I thought they had the makings of a fantastic Joker, and was really glad to hear Leto was taking it so seriously. I saw him as Mark David Chapman in Chapter 27 and he did a great job playing a disturbed, unstable personality and he really committed to the role.

But, between his over the top weirdness and randomness, and the script, he fell completely flat for me, and I felt like it was a huge missed opportunity.

Kind of a bummer cause I felt they had a lot of potential with their ideas for characters who already had a lot of potential inherently. But I feel like both have potential to be redeemed, particularly Leto, he just needs the right script and director. I mean, Ledger's Joker wouldn't have been able to fare much better in the same circumstance, with that script and the limited amount of screentime. Maybe the limited screen time is a good thing, now they can give another director a shot at it. Just sucks it's such a missed opportunity. It should've been an opportunity to give people just enough of the new Joker to pique their interest and make them want to see more.

Kill off Lexenberg and then reveal his father was the true Lex all along :)

I'm actually happy with that - have him die at the hands (or so it would seem) of supes - even more of a reason for lex senior to hate him more.

I feel like this JL is a partial retcon - like a different writer taking over a comic - i mean, superman has had years of comics and rebooted many times all whilst still living in the present universe... so i am more than happy to view each movie as standalone but able to watch previous movies to tie it together if need be.

Kill off Lexenberg and then reveal his father was the true Lex all along :)

Sorry... I just find that idea dumb. But then the comparisons to Jim Carrey's Riddler are dumb to me too. I for one really liked his Lex and want to see where the character goes next.

I'd like Lex to be more sinister now, been in Arkham should have changed him.

I think we will get a much more distinguished Lex, much like Zuckerberg has changed into being able to carry himself more maturely, I imagine he will do something similar with the character Lex.

To me we had a Lex who recently inherited the company (no idea) but is still relatively new to the corporate world, who had everything handed to him, and has no idea how to use his powers (opposite of Supes), and lets the power consume him since he kind of just always gets what he wants.

So, I'm fine with seeing the development of his character.

What I would change is make the supporting characters (members outside of the league) e.g. Lois, some actual good moments, where she can shine and show how unique she is to say other women in the series.

Sorry... I just find that idea dumb. But then the comparisons to Jim Carrey's Riddler are dumb to me too. I for one really liked his Lex and want to see where the character goes next.

I agree another Lex is just ridiculous and reeks of a soap opera twist.

Count me in to the camp of keeping Eisenberg, but making him more in line with his traditional modern versions. I'm sorry, but his performance in BvS was atrocious.

The Jesse Lex seemed to me to resemble Glorious Godfrey a lot.

If we see Lex in Arkham in JL, there's no way we're not going to get at glimpse of at least one other famous villain - Two Face, Penguin just to name a couple

If it were possible, i'd replace J.E. with bryan cranston.

For starters, change Flash's costume. Ugh, I hate "armored Flash".

Yeah. The metal wires don't help. I'm not even sure what that is supposed to be saying, aesthetically.

I agree another Lex is just ridiculous and reeks of a soap opera twist.

Normally I would agree with these comments and I still don't love the idea... But that's how bad Eisenberg is in the role to me, that I would actually be thrilled if they did this... That or just exclude the character completely. It's literally that bad and trying to fix the character won't work because Eisenberg was just completely miscast from the start and doesn't have it in his range to play the role convincingly. He's a good actor but this part is 100% wrong for him in every way.

Chris Hemsworth would've been cool. He even has the blond hair. He would've been spitting image of 90s Aquaman.
I love this idea.

I'd like Lex to be more sinister now, been in Arkham should have changed him.
Indeed ! Sinister-er-est ! Ithink JesseEisenberg got the unlimited cleverness of Lex right, bit it lacks this sinister look.
You know, when Lex looks at you in front of dozen people and assure you he's going to help you and do some good, while YOU realized it's a death sentence for you, your family and all the people you love. The man is poison.

If we see Lex in Arkham in JL, there's no way we're not going to get at glimpse of at least one other famous villain - Two Face, Penguin just to name a couple

Looks across the hallway into the other cell and it's Michael Cera as The Riddler!

I think they'd be better off just replacing the actor and giving him a revamp personality, over having Lex Sr. come back. There's still hope with the character, although I'm not that big a fan of him being convicted and put in jail already, when this is basically his origin story.

I'm more concerned about Joker. After watching the film again, I just don't find anything redeemable about the character. He was just cringeworthy, and seemed too try hard to be weird and random and edgy. It didn't feel natural at all. Joker is supposed to be frightening, you should be completely compelled when he's on the screen. But this one, I just found myself outside of the movie every time, looking for something that made me feel like I was watching The Joker. Every line was bad. I can't think of one that didn't make me cringe. "You left me a black hole of rage and confusion." "This bird's baked." The mannerisms, the motivations, the line delivery, there was no chemistry between him and Harley. I was watching it with a friend and I was just embarrassed because I had been hyping up the direction the DCEU was taking and Leto's performance.

A real letdown. Hopefully there's something they can do to make the character interesting and compelling again. Could say the same about Luthor, they've taken these great villains and made them acceptable, at best.

That Superman becomes a charming, likeable and heroic character who smiles a lot more and saves the day

That Batman stops killing people needlessly and becomes a noble, but still dark and brooding hero.

That Wonder Woman becomes.....oh wait she's already perfect ! Well, one out of three ain't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"