Superman Returns What kind of flying shots would you like to see in Returns?

SolidSnakeMGS

Superhero
Reaction score
Personally, I've always wanted to see Superman running, taking off, and flying high into space, HOWEVER, all in one single take. It would be amazing and now that the technology exists, it could be done I think. Maybe him flying from the bottom of the ocean to far out into outer space all in one take would be amazing!

I'd also like to see some homages of some of my favorite flying sequences in STM. I don't think we'll see many, but a few will be nice.

What about you guys?

*I didn't see another post like this (and I searched) so I apologize if there is one.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Personally, I've always wanted to see Superman running, taking off, and flying high into space, HOWEVER, all in one single take. It would be amazing and now that the technology exists, it could be done I think. Maybe him flying from the bottom of the ocean to far out into outer space all in one take would be amazing!

I'd also like to see some homages of some of my favorite flying sequences in STM. I don't think we'll see many, but a few will be nice.

What about you guys?

*I didn't see another post like this (and I searched) so I apologize if there is one.
they already enough homages in this movie.

singer make something new. something that is yours. :mad:

dark_b said:
they already enough homages in this movie.

singer make something new. something that is yours. :mad:

Dude, I'm talking like a few seqeunces, like a total of 15 seconds or something. Not many, just showing how much better they can make a particular sequence.

I'd love to see a sequence I recognize from STM, but done better with better SFX.

I'm with you for the most part. I want this movie to be completely new and original, BUT there has to be material in the film to show that it's part of the Donner continuity, and that will have to be familiar to a lot of us.

Catching things in mid-air, like the Globe shot will be nice. I'm hoping there will be some explosions or something that shoot debris everywhere and we'll see shots of him dodging it while he's flying or knocking it out of his way. Then, of course, I want to see him get thrown around, too. Personally, I thought one of the better shots in Spiderman 2 was where Doc Ock throws him from one building to the next. (This would be where Doc has Aunt May) Of course, since there are no known supervillians, Superman would have to be moved by unexpected explosions. I'm sure there will be a missle or two in this flick.

Shamik said:
Catching things in mid-air, like the Globe shot will be nice. I'm hoping there will be some explosions or something that shoot debris everywhere and we'll see shots of him dodging it while he's flying or knocking it out of his way. Then, of course, I want to see him get thrown around, too. Personally, I thought one of the better shots in Spiderman 2 was where Doc Ock throws him from one building to the next. (This would be where Doc has Aunt May) Of course, since there are no known supervillians, Superman would have to be moved by unexpected explosions. I'm sure there will be a missle or two in this flick.

We'll probably see something similar to that in the sequel. I mean, look at the trailer for the SR video game, where he's fighting that giant ****ing robot thing. Quite similar. I'm excited for it.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Maybe him flying from the bottom of the ocean to far out into outer space all in one take would be amazing!

I am pretty sure we are going to a scene very eerily similar to what you're hoping for.

normal_oceandepths.jpg

SolidSnakeMGS said:

I would LOVE to see that! :up:

Showtime029 said:
I am pretty sure we are going to a scene very eerily similar to what you're hoping for.

normal_oceandepths.jpg

Wow, can you imagine that, as he breaks out of the ocean and the water trail follows him for miles up in the sky as the SUPERMAN THEME blares!! He's flying so fast, he's dry in no time!!

One of the very few things I liked about the pilot episode of Lois & Clark was how they showed Clark casually using his powers, like they were second nature. Things like him floating up to fix the lightbulb, walking around on the ceiling, playing with a crumpled piece of paper with his super-breath, and so on.

I would love for these kinds little touches to be in the movie. They are not big gigantic set pieces, or show-stopping "look at me!" scenes. But they add to the depth of this character, to show subtle mannerisms and little touches that incorporate his powers in very believable ways.

Above all I want to see Superman enjoy his flight ability. Perform a barrell roll or loop just for the exhiliration it should bring. I know that's what I'ld be doing.

afan said:
Above all I want to see Superman enjoy his flight ability. Perform a barrell roll or loop just for the exhiliration it should bring. I know that's what I'ld be doing.

I'd like to see that too. As long as he's not flying feet-first with ducks, I'm cool.

MatchesMalone said:
I'd like to see that too. As long as he's not flying feet-first with ducks, I'm cool.

That would be quacked, eider way his powers shoudn't bring him down.....(proceed with the moaning)

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Wow, can you imagine that, as he breaks out of the ocean and the water trail follows him for miles up in the sky as the SUPERMAN THEME blares!! He's flying so fast, he's dry in no time!!

I wrote a script snippit on bluetights relating to that possible scene and got in a fight with somebody who told me I was revealing a script leak.

:O

I think this is one of the biggest thrills watching Superman. I can't wait to see what they've pulled off with current technology. I would like to see everything above, including homages. But what I would REALLY like to see is Kal-El going supersonic, with the shockwave and boom, and then see him break mach 5 and go hypersonic. How sweet would that be?!

I would love a scene in which supes flies through building at high speeds(but not sonic boom) and we see him in a camera angle like the one seen i nthe aniamted storyboards of the plane scene but instead of just seeng his cape from behind we see his full body like the boots and cape flapping,and then he flies low passing above people,very close to them and them and then going up and banking and the camera following his moves as he swoops up and down.

MatchesMalone said:
One of the very few things I liked about the pilot episode of Lois & Clark was how they showed Clark casually using his powers, like they were second nature. Things like him floating up to fix the lightbulb, walking around on the ceiling, playing with a crumpled piece of paper with his super-breath, and so on.

I'd love to see some of that.

I want people pov shots. Like in rocketeer when you saw how people saw him from in the plane.

Just copy rocketeer actually. They did a good job with that movie's flying scenes.

I would love to see Supes weaving around buildings while the camera angle changes with the orange light of a sunset hitting his face. The complete opposite of the x y configurations of the original blue screen STM effects shots.

Lots of good ideas, guys. Everything from the epic to the subtle. I'd like to see Superman doing everything from flying supersonic and creating waves behind him in the ocean (a'la Firefox) to using his powers casually while bored at his desk.

I'm thinking Singer is going to portray a more "realistic" view of flying; i.e. the camera shaking when Superman whizzes by or even having difficulty holding Superman in frame he's moving so fast. Maybe like how Batman Begins handled Batman's hand-to-hand combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"