Superman Returns What kind of flying shots would you like to see in Returns?

SolidSnakeMGS said:
New pic?? I've never seen that before!

Edit: Hehe, missed the Official Pics thread.

Time Magazine. Fatboy just posted it in the pictures thread!

I like the camera shaking, difficulty keeping Supes in frame idea. Although too much of that and I'd be a little upset--its been too long since seeing Superman on the big screen, and I want to see him using his powers as much as possible, in clear view. I understand the reason behind the way the fight scenes in BB were filmed, and technically it worked, but it did not make a lot of people happy because they were expecting the fight scenes to be like the other movies. Under Singer, it should be different, I think. Batman and Superman being opposites most of the time, I feel that Superman should be shown on camera differently. But I'm not really worried, I trust Singer to deliver.

Oh trust me, I want to CLEARLY see Superman flying, and I'm sure we will. I think we may see some of this BB type camerawork when the action calls for it, i.e. lots of chaos and confusion.

We've seen some fast panning already; once in the blogs and then at the end of the teaser when Superman flies by at incredible speeds. It's kind of a jarring effect really, and lends a good feel for Superman's speed. It's like he moves so fast we can barely see it.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Wow, can you imagine that, as he breaks out of the ocean and the water trail follows him for miles up in the sky as the SUPERMAN THEME blares!! He's flying so fast, he's dry in no time!!
That reminds me of when he escaped Luthor's Lair in STM! I like that discription,and I hope it is in the movie.

I'll like to see some flying sequences similiar to Harry Potter flying on the broom in the latter potter flicks. That looked pretty amazing IMO.

I wanna see superman doing some kung fu while flying!

that would be awesome

New pic as I said looks great, I am sure we will see SUperman making amazing and awesome flying shots!

I wanna see EPIC real looking flying, NOT matrix cgi crap flying!

i wana see also epic flying. i think singer can pull it off. but a trailer could help us.

lets not forget something. we still dont know how the style of teh flying will look. the traielr will give us a sneek peak. trailer......................we need it hahah :)

^ exactly, we still really haven't seen supes fly yet... we will in the theatrical trailer, which is why it'll be so awesome!:)

I remember a while back reading or seeing that they wanted to try and shoot the flying scenes as if they were trying to film a real life jet flying through the air to give that real life feel of motion and flight as the camera is trying to focus on him. If so, it can be very stunning visual feast. Just think of the movie Stealth (I know it sucked but it had some really good flying sequences). They have the same VFX team on SR.:up:

:o
FlyingIronMan.gif

http://www.dailymotion.com/ingy489/video/x2n6nu_iron-man-exclusive-comic-con-clip_shortfilms

that already has a sequel... can you say the same for SR?

nope.

Any crap is having sequels these days. It doesn't say a lot.

I guess SR was the crap that got away, huh...

that is pant wetting and pant creaming footage, and thats not even complete,

god, this shows why superman returns was a travesty.

Iron Man is showin flying in iconic fashion.

Singer, you are a wank stain and a grade a moron.

How is that the people behind Iron man can make the exact suit from the comics ??? no need for mini shields etc,
just an exact replica.

Oh, i forgot, they got proper people who respect the character and know how to make proper movies.

How is that the people behind Iron man can make the exact suit from the comics ??? no need for mini shields etc,
just an exact replica.

Shame on you, Nolan?

Oh, i forgot, they got proper people who respect the character and know how to make proper movies.

You're so lucky you already saw the movie. Please just don't throw spoilers ok?

Shame on you Nolan?

WTF are you on? crack?

Nolan can do what he likes because Batman's costume is not fixed in stone like Supermans.

You don't mess with Superman's costume.

You think you are clever with your comments, but one look at your avatar shows your taste in characters.

Yeah, it seems you like really Camp versions of the Joker with the Cesar "queerio" Romero.

Guess that means Cesar isn't the only rectum rider in town,

Looks like El Payaso joined the rectum riding brigade.

Shame on you Nolan?

WTF are you on? crack?

Once in a while there's this ungrateful task of explaining joeks and ironies to that "especially skilled" kind of posters:

Nolan didn't a exact replica of the bat-suit and yet it worked. The "replica formula" is not for 100% of movies. It also worked for X-Men.

Nolan can do what he likes because Batman's costume is not fixed in stone like Supermans.

Yes it was. Untill Burton came in 1989 and changed it forever by improving the original concept. Before 1989, Batman's suit was grey tights and blue mask and cape. Another example of how non replicas work very good.

You don't mess with Superman's costume.

Thats' why Singer just made little changes.

You think you are clever with your comments, but one look at your avatar shows your taste in characters.

If you don't, then I applaud your honesty since you don't have anything to feel clever about.

Yeah, it seems you like really Camp versions of the Joker with the Cesar "queerio" Romero.

Another ungrateful task due to my commitment with he "especially skilled audience": I don't really like Cesar Romero too much, but since my name is El Payaso I thought a clown would be nice but not anyone. Then, I didn't want it to be the comics Joker because it would have been too 'hey I'm a sicko, beware I feel identified with the Joker' an I didn't want Nicholson because it was too much about a specific movie.

Soyou see, Cesar Romero was ideal since it was a parodic image I am not engaged to (not big fan of the 60's TV series) and that you shouldn't take too seriously, which is something you totaly fail at, amongst many other things.

Guess that means Cesar isn't the only rectum rider in town,

Whatever sexual reference fits you more.

Looks like El Payaso joined the rectum riding brigade.

I'm really not getting this Cesar Romero-rectum association. But sometimes our minds play tricks on us by seeing things we secretly long for that are not actually there and that we can't make. Your shrink can explain it better.

that is pant wetting and pant creaming footage, and thats not even complete,

god, this shows why superman returns was a travesty.

Iron Man is showin flying in iconic fashion.

Singer, you are a wank stain and a grade a moron.

just an exact replica.

Ok, but the flying in SR looks much better than the Iron Man footage you are seeing IMO. Different opinions, arent they a *****?:whatever:

Ok, but the flying in SR looks much better than the Iron Man footage you are seeing IMO. Different opinions, arent they a *****?:whatever:

AVEITWITHJAMON, have you seen the footage?

It's only my opinion, true enough, but I gotta say the few seconds of Iron Man footage, that is currently viewable, completely outclasses all the flying FX of SR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"