What makes Batman so smart?

DGrayson

Civilian
Reaction score
What caught my attention was that everyone in the DCU says batman is really smart. I was re-readign all star batman and robin and the issue which has superman running on water shows a scene where batman confirms knowing superman's secret identity and says something along the lines that he may not be able to leap tall buildings but he is a hell lot smarter than clark and smarter than clark will ever be.

So if batman never even went to college what do you think makes him so smart?, did he even studied criminology? or did he just studied martial arts?

Oh, he's been in college--Begins completely faithfull to the lore my ass.

It's been never concrete on it, but he has been in college, passed, and even trained in the FBI for a while (and you have to be pretty smart to be accepted into the FBI).

I never knw about him joining the FBI in which story is that shown?

Preptime.
What makes Batman so smart.

Um, wasn't he in college in Begins?:confused:

Genetics and determination?

His loins.

But seriously, he took time off and travelled the world and learned everything he could. His dad was a pretty damn good doctor too so its part genetics as well.

574.jpg

In this issue 'Tec #574 Bruce remembers back to his days in college and how he used the fake playboy act in school to fool the professors but at night Bruce would sneak into the school to study ahead, something like that.

The fbi story is in the comic you get when you buy the SE of BB.

deathshead2 said:
The fbi story is in the comic you get when you buy the SE of BB.
The Man Who Falls, like I just said...

-college - Yeah he went...

-Genetics - He's daddy was a doctor

-determination- when you are that determin, you Study

and yeah He's Batman... you gotta be smart to be batman!

Not sure if he ever graduated: wouldn't make sense for playboy Bruce to have advanced degrees. But nonetheless, the man has the resources to study whatever he wants: some state of the art technological advances? Scientific discoveries? Check WayneTech's R&D files. Need texts on psychology, criminology, anything? Well, to be frank, anyone with a library card and the desire to find that information can get at it.... and Bruce Wayne can build dozens of libraries if he feels like it.

So is Bruce Wayne smarter than Tony Stark? Tony Stark builds his own gadgets, sometimes Bruce Wayne doesn't make his gadgets.

And if Bruce Wayne is so smart, why does he got trapped by non-superhero Villains liked Joker and the Penguin?

Well, discuss... :)

chiefchirpa said:
And if Bruce Wayne is so smart, why does he got trapped by non-superhero Villains liked Joker and the Penguin?
Because the stories would be really boring without it.

Bruce is Aryan. Superior race.

Also he has two first names.

chiefchirpa said:
So is Bruce Wayne smarter than Tony Stark? Tony Stark builds his own gadgets, sometimes Bruce Wayne doesn't make his gadgets.
Tony Stark is Bruce Wayne's *****.

Batman doesn't have any official degrees that i know of, but he has at least a masters, if not a doctorate level education in forensics pathology and criminology, as well as chemistry an engineering. he is often refered to as the worlds greatest detective. the comics indicate that he got this way through sheer determination, as well as a wise use of his time and resources. He has trained himself to be analyitcal to an almost obsessive degree, and occassionally shows extremely obsessive compulsive tendancies, as well as paranoia.

He has the internet and no social life, of course he's smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"