What makes Batman so smart?

You know how they say Wheaties are good for you? Well he's been eating them four 35 years straight every mourning.

watsonlives said:
Batman doesn't have any official degrees that i know of, but he has at least a masters, if not a doctorate level education in forensics pathology and criminology, as well as chemistry an engineering. he is often refered to as the worlds greatest detective. the comics indicate that he got this way through sheer determination, as well as a wise use of his time and resources. He has trained himself to be analyitcal to an almost obsessive degree, and occassionally shows extremely obsessive compulsive tendancies, as well as paranoia.

I agree with the above statement. Batman would have to have knowledge of all of the above fields, as well as strong understanding of the criminal justice system and the law. However, to have a SUCH a strong background in all these fields is VERY difficult. For instance, to gain an understanding of forensic science and pathology that is illustrated in the comics requires an individual to attend four years of undergrad, and four years of medical school, and complete a residency in Pathology, or instead of going to medical school, recieve a doctorate. This is a lengthy and rigerous process, and while Bruce does not need to know all that a pathologist or a physician does know, he would still have to understand quite a bit. All the above fields listed require extenstive coursework and fieldwork. I don't think its possible to study very narrow segments of each field and understand them well without knowing the basics. Just going to college for a BS (Bachelors of Science) would not make him a master Detective, nor would he be able to learn all he needed by "just visiting the public library". I think that it is possible for such an individual to exsist, however they would have to be a prodigy. Prodigies do exisit, they are just far and few between. Bruce would have to be able to read and understand large amounts of material very quickly. He would have to have an intuitive understanding of how mechanical and electronic objects work, and as above stated, he would have to be a very focused, dilligent worker.

batmancerealbig.JPG

Eat this every morning and you will be smarter than Batman.

MaskedManJRK said:
Oh, he's been in college--Begins completely faithfull to the lore my ass.

Don't know what you're talking about, it's clearly stated in Begins he attended Princeton, but did not finish.

chiefchirpa said:
So is Bruce Wayne smarter than Tony Stark? Tony Stark builds his own gadgets, sometimes Bruce Wayne doesn't make his gadgets.

And if Bruce Wayne is so smart, why does he got trapped by non-superhero Villains liked Joker and the Penguin?

Well, discuss... :)

Because his obsession sometimes clouds his judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"