What movie did you see the most times in the theatre?

Batman Begins - 4 times
Titanic (don't blame me :( ) - 4 times
The Dark Knight - 3 times
Star Wars Episode III ( :( ) - 3 times

That's about it.

I've seen movies twice occasionally. The only film I've seen thrice is The Expendables.

Jurassic Park and The Avengers I've both seen three times each, the most I've seen a movie multiple times in theaters.

Spider-Man I think I saw 3 times and Scott Pilgrim I saw 3 or 4 times.

I wish I could have seen it in the theater the first time around. I saw it once when it re-released.
When they re-released the original trilogy with the new footage and FX ten years or so ago, I went to the theater twice for each of them. Love those movies.

A bit of trivia from someone who was there;
When STAR WARS was first released, it only had the title Star Wars.....when it was re-released right before THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK came out in 1980...they now had it titled STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE.....it was funny listening to all the people in the audience talking about that as it came up on the screen. This was pre internet, so only a few of us serious nerds had read or knew anything about it...so when it came on the screen, most people started mentioning it, and then all of us nerds scattered throughout the theater had to explain it to everyone around us.

never really been big on repeat viewing at the theater's (too expensive)
the only movie's I've seen more then once are

x-men: first class - 2
Avengers - 2

I've seen the Dark Knight 2 times in theaters, and Inception 3 times. But if you count Star Wars Episode I in 3D as a repeat, I'd have seen it twice.

Probably the first movie I saw more than once in the theaters as it came out was Empire Strikes Back, but I didn't pay for more than one ticket.
Cut school early to wait on line that day, then sat through the next 3 showings of ESB on opening day->night.
As the new audiences came in and sat down around us, many were already saying ...did you here that ...about Vader being Luke's father ..etc???
Obviously people were spoiling the movie as they left, to the people waiting on line for the next showing.

I probably saw it again in theaters for the special edition, if that counts?

Saw Rocky Horror at the Waverly & 8th Street to many times to remember.
scaled.php

And used to see several repeat revival screenings of Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon etc., Dollars trilogy and other junk..

I'v seen several screenings of Metropolis and the original Mark of Zorro, both with original scores and modern scores with live "pit" orchestras, incredibly brought those movies to life!

Last edited:
Revenge of the Sith - 5 times

Batman Begins - 6 times

The Dark Knight - 7 times

Avengers. 4 times.

Only a handful of 3timers: TDK, ROTK, Transformers 1, 21 Jump Street.

And a ****load of repeat viewings.

I try not to do too many repeat theater shows for running the risk of getting jaded and tired of it. You see a film too many times in such a short amount of time, you're bound to get sick of it.

The 3-4 month break inbetween the theater to DVD/BD release simply gets me hyped up for the movie all over again.

Last edited:
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
14 times. One time I saw it twice in one day at the same cinema. I hid in the toilets after the first screening and then just took a seat for the next showing...

Here are the ones I can remember:

Star Wars: Episode IV = 2 times in '77, once in '83, and twice in '97

Star Wars: Episode V = 3 times in '80, once in '83, and twice in '97

Star Wars: Episode VI = 2 times in '83, and twice in '97

Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring = 3 times

Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers = 3 times

Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King = 3 times

The Avengers = Twice

The Matrix = 5 times (I think)

T2: Judgement Day = Twice

South Park: Bigger, Better, Uncut = 3 Times

Users who are viewing this thread