Sequels What needs to get done to make a solid 4th movie?

People complain about what needs to be done, but a lot of things that were done in X3 were just what we needed.

What went wrong was the execution!! The execution of the scenes and the dialogue and the progression of the story just couldn't hold everything together and the movie just fell short by these very small imperfections.

But....an X4..I don't see it happening. Only spin-offs or possible a reboot, a brand new X-Men trilogy in about 8-9 years.

-TNC

it would be sad if we had to wait 8 years for a new trilogy. x-world have so many stories and villains and all we got was 3x magneto.

In order for the 4th movie to be good i think they should keep the guy Brett who directed the 3rd as far away as possible! Also by not inventing new mutants like they did in 3! When there are so many possible camios from the mavel universe that did'nt make the cut! What a slap in the face that was!

I think for a successful 4th movie it should focus on a new plot about the Hellfire club or something along them lines with the questions left from X3 to be answered in the background not as a major plot.
Instead of X-Factor just have a new team of X-men.

Start a few years later, Havok only just got enough courage to find his brothers memorial and travels to the mansion to mourn his brother, que flashbacks of how they fell out or something the reason why he didn't come straight away to his brothers funeral.

At the end of Magneto and Wolverine they each should show the characters after X3 as if both Wolverine and Magneto films were the characters dreaming or telling the story, for example and short voice over of Wolverine saying about how he still needs answers and Magneto saying how he will get together a new brotherhood and extinct mankind once and for all.

Back to X4, have Storm lead the new team with Beast, Shadowcat, Iceman and the newly recruited Havok.
I think this should be a new trilogy as well by the way.
Have the Hellfire club causing havoc somewhere or how.
Meanwhile Xavier is on Muir Island, Rouge could be at his bedside because the X-men know of his existence and hopefully something in Rouge clicks where she realizes she needs to get her powers back to help her team by De-powering Emma because she is too powerful.

Then finally leave it on a cliffhanger where the team are at the mansion disscusing whatever. Then a voice off screen can say something like, "So where was the search party?" Sarcastically or urmm "Did you miss me" << there crap but you get my drift.
And it's Scott. Roll credits.
Then hopefully people will be interested in seeing a 5th one to explain his arrival.

Constructive criticisms please.!!

A good x-men 4 would be a big fight against Alpha flight!

ALPHAF006_cov_fin_sm.jpg

Actually how about stopping the sequels things and do like James bond? a New team a new trilogy? We can start back when x-men and ALPHA flight were fighting for Wolverine.

That'd be the first thing to f*** it up.
Did one of your ex-girlfriends, or boyfriends have a crush on Gambit or something. Every time i read one of your replies I choke back the vomit!

Just to remember it: this is a thread about What Does X4 need, not about if it should be made or not.

So let's talk about the movie, hehe.

Personally, if I were to give a general setup for X4 I'd do this:

-Bring Back Cykes: No Body = Can't be sure he's dead. I thought of the idea of him being knocked back into the woods after Jean went crazy, and he's found my Emma Frost..which brings me to next idea

-Introduce Emma & The Hellfire Club: Introduce The Hellfire Club a group of wealthy entrepenuers that are paying to back Senator Trask's Sentinel project. Still trying to piece together what their reasons for backing Trask would be. Members would include: Sebastian Shaw, Selene, Mastermind, and Gambit.

-Introduce Trask & the Sentinel Project: After the events of TLS stand, setup Trask is vehemently trying to pass the new Sentinel project to help detain what he calls "dangerous mutants", when in reality he means all of them. Don't make the Sentinels the huge 20 story robots. Make them about 12-15 feet high.

-Emma & Cykes: Emma using her telephatic powers has Cykes brainwashed into joining the HFC and ultimately becoming their White King much to the dismay of Shaw. Emma and the HFC use Cykes to exploit the X-Men's weaknessess as they go against the Project Wideawake.

-Gambit: Gambit isn't really a full fledged member of the HFC. He's just basically their bodyguard who begins to form an affinity for Rogue during the X-Men's numerous encounters with the HFC. Eventually turns against the HFC towards the end.

-Rogue & her powers: Have Rogue gradually start to get her powers back throughout he movie causing her to once again relive the pain she felt when she first manifested them. The strain of this situation takes it's toll on her and Bobby's relationship and they finally put an end to it. At the end, with the help of Gambit, she finds the strength she always lacked in her powers and really finds herself.

-The X-Men Team: Bring back Wolvie, Storm, & Beast and the elder/leaders with younger crew of Iceman, Kitty, Rogue, & Colossus. Bring in the new crew of Jubliee, Siryn, & Sunspot.

-Magneto: Not the main villain this time. Give him time out from the battle this go round.

That's the general direction I would take it.

Have mr Sinister find Cycops and ressurect him.

Bring in Gambit.

We would need cyclops back. He gives the team structure and each character slots in under him. Establish each role. Problem with the first trilogy is that it isn't established enough that you follow cyclops' lead. A structure needs to be set down before you shake it up.

Rogue would need to be repowered and be HAPPY about it. Her depowerment sends a bad message about self acceptance. She also needs a strong moment with her ability where it is proved useful.

Wolverine should be in the team but not a one man team. He is the character who does his own thing and doesn't play well with others.

More Storm backstory perhaps tied in with beast back story and the x movies' 'first class'

sinister would need to be the villain, he has the scientific background to play with the cure and interact with Beast's intelligence.

But---- NO ROMY!!!
a frisson OK but lets give bobby/rogue some happiness first away from the angst. that is the movie ship for rogue and should be first and foremost. They shouldn't break up because gambit comes along. Maybe we can see some competitiveness from Bobby.

I kinda see the X-Men trilogy as being complete. I don't think they should make an X4. They can go in many new directions now. Maybe do a reboot with the original team a long, long while from now. Or an origin story before then.

I agree with this.

I am not resurrecting dead people unless I knew the actors would come back... so if we are to get sequels in another four to five years I don't bring anyone back from the dead unless the actors returned to reprise their roles... recasting ain't worth it... if they wait for eight or ten years then they might as well reboot... not an origin movie... but movies with the same core characters... although I guess if they HAD to wait that long they might as well just recast from scratch and make a sequel trilogy... doesn't really matter to me either way. Its still too far down the line anyway.

Marvel has finally reached a deal with the writers guild! So the movies talks are back on! Shane Taylor for Gambit!!!

Please stop rambling about Gambit.
The Movieverse has totally no room for him.
No need to suck up other characters screentime.
:oldrazz:

What needs to be done is Marvel taking their license back and make the movie(s) themselves.

That's the only way these characters will ever get their due on the big screen. Unless a director who really knows the material and has the talent to bring it to life comes along, we are stuck with this underwhelming version of X-men.

Which would be what and according to whom? Good luck with that slippery slope.

I think BMM probably means changes along the lines of the SM movies. Everyone knows there will be changes, but know one wants to see wholesale changes for the sake of change or creative freedom.

Rather than just throw their hands up in the air and proclaim it won't work, fans want to see the people in charge of these films at least try (especially when we all know it can be done). That may be the biggest issue with these films in general: before proclaiming something won't work, at least try.

As been said many times before an X-men film closer to the comics could work. It would just take a great deal of talent and money to do so.

X-men is in the same boat as Batman; everyone is so scared of failing with such huge franchises, that they immediately write off any thing that could be a risk, rather than trying to understand the material and make a fitting movie. Just another reason why Raimi's film resonated so well; it was what it was supposed to be--nothing more, nothing less--a comicbook fantasy.

As for appealing to everyone--I have a hard time believing that the same general audience that loved Transformers and Pirates won't accept an X-film closer to the comics.

No see, even a director can't save these movies at Fox because Fox gets way too involved in production of their movies.

I should have said "away from Fox and director that understands."

Please stop rambling about Gambit.
The Movieverse has totally no room for him.
No need to suck up other characters screentime.
:oldrazz:

they could incorporate gambit . it worked with nightcrawler in 2 , and beast in xmen 3 . although it would be cool to have beast be part of the team again .

also with jean grey , professor x and cyclops dead that does leave some room in the xmansion .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"