What other superheroes should make cameos in Smallville?

That's really cool Sage!
The whole Lex unknowingly cloning Clark (I assume it's a result of the blood samples Lex probably still has somewhere) is a great idea and could even segue into a BIZARRO episode!!

El Hombre-Araña said:
I
I remember in the Pilot episode the newspaper Lionel was reading stated that the Queen CEO was missing... and it would have been a great

This true?

RakuMon said:
That's really cool Sage!
The whole Lex unknowingly cloning Clark (I assume it's a result of the blood samples Lex probably still has somewhere) is a great idea and could even segue into a BIZARRO episode!!

Hey don't give it away!! ;):D

Alright RakuMon, I've got the idea for the second part of the Brother saga. I'll write it up when I have time. I'm sure you'll like it.

Deffinatly interesting ideas Sage. I swear that they should hire us to write some of the episodes. I think at least we would create less plot holes, and I would love the paycheck.:p

Thanks guys. Also, I'm thinking in the second part, Conner wers blue jeans, a red long sleeve shirt with a black t-shirt. I'm sure Kon-El and Teen Titan fans would get the hint. ;)

The Sage said:
Here's my idea for a cameo based on Superboy.

It's an idea that I'm still thinking through, so expect more stuff and maybe changes made as time goes on.

This isn't really for one episode, more so a saga. Maybe the middle part of the season all the way up to towards the end type deal. Haven't divided it up into episodes.

BROTHER

- In a two week time span, several robberies are committed in Metropolis, with the thief being so fast that he's not able to be caught on video camera. Chloe, working at the Daily Planet, informs Clark about it, who automatically suspects Bart(Flash) from Season 4. However, that theory is dismissed when a recent robbery in Metropolis Museum showed that not only was the thief too fast for the camera, but he bent steel bars in order to get to whatever artifact he stole.

- We enter a giant lab labeled Project Cadmus. A group of scientists stand around, taking notes, all looking like they're waiting for someone to return. Out of nowhere, the thief appears. About 15 years old, with a very close resemblance to Clark Kent. His name is Conner.

- They mention his powers, faster than a speeding bullet, able to bend steel, near invulnerability, as well as the abiilty to leap at a great distance. Other senses include x-ray vision, which he can't control. Possibly other latent abilities. Body processes solar energy to produce superhuman abilities.

- Conner is very brash, hates hiding himself and wants to go public, as well as chase women. He eventually will become more sullen.

- The head director of Cadmus is Paul Westfield, who seems to show compassion towards Conner since he was partially responsible for his creation.

- Conner robs the Daily Planet, sent there to remove any incriminating evidence against Cadmus' experiments. He runs into Chloe, who he automatically falls in love with. In mid conversation, a security guard hits Conner from behind with a nightstick, which breaks against him. Conner knocks him out and escapes.

- The founder of Project Cadmus is revealed to be Lex Luthor, who instructs Conner to target the Kent farm and search for an octagonal object.

- Chloe informs Clark that the thief resembles him, and he exhibits most of Clark's powers. In response, CK goes to the FOS and questions if Jor-El has possessed another human being as he did with Kara. His birth father replies no, leaving that mystery unsolved.

- Conner sneaks into the Kent farm, looking for the key in the barn. Clark is in the house but catches the movement with his super-hearing. Running into the barn, the two meet each face to face, with Conner making a snide comment. A battle ensues, tearing the farm apart. Conner does some things that CK can't do, such as leaping high in the air and changing direction in mid-air. Clark blasts Conner with his heat vision, something Conner can't do. Conner finds the key but Clark wrestles him for it. They accidentally knock over the red metal drawers (I hope that's the right terminology), and the piece of kryptonite kept in the farm falls on to the ground. Both Clark and Conner fall, succumbing to the radiation. Clark notices this. The Kents come home, puts the green K back in its box. Clark gets his composure, but realizes Conner is gone, with the key.

- In Metropolis, Conner tries to romance Chloe, who's angry at his actions in Smallville. This leads to Conner and Clark meeting each other without fighting in Metropolis. Conner feels great to open up to someone who isn't wearing a lab coat. He reveals that he was created in Project Cadmus, and tells them that it's part of a LuthorCorp department. Clark emphasizes the importance of the key, which moves Conner to find a way to give it back to him.

- Lex goes to Cadmus for the key, which is in the hands of the scientists. A fire breaks out, the container holding the key is lost in the fire. Conner runs into the lab and saves everyone, but Lex wants the key. Conner hands him the container with a melted metal object. Lex is enraged. While talking to Lex, Conner has the genuine key in his backpocket.

- Conner returns the key to Clark and starts to leave when Clark offers to be his friend, telling him he doesn't have to be alone. At the same time, Clark is telling himself the same question, seeing that he has found a "brother", despite the suspicious origins which aren't revealed as of yet.

- Clark and Conner's interaction would be reminiscent of Bart and Clark, but Conner would talk more about exposing himself to people and cashing in on his powers, with CK doing his usual talk of selfish gain.

- Lex, upon meeting Conner, would be highly suspicious as Conner does resemble Clark.

More to come...when I feel like it. :) :O

Okay, to be honest. It doesnt seem like such a good idea. No offence.

First, having Cadmus established this early and having Clark's Kryptonian DNA before he becomes Superman is pretty weak.

Having a Clark clone named 'Conner' (even though it tends to be spelled Connor) appear this early on kind of precludes the possibility of the existence of Connor in the future (during the Death of Superman saga to his role in the Titans).

A major part of Connor's character is the fact that he is half Kal-el's DNA and half Lex Luthors. Humans were never able to develop a full clone of a Kryptonian, it was impossible...they needed a human base sequence. Connor, in turn, is a conflicted and deep character struggling between good and evil while wondering if he is a clone of Superman or Lex Luthor....

How would Cadmus (if it was founded by Lex like you suggest here) have Clark Kent's DNA when Lex doesnt even know about Clark's abiltiies. Wouldnt the creation of the clone with powers (assuming Lex is giving it orders like you suggest) prove that Clark Kent's DNA is indeed alien....proof to Lex. Thats just not right...

Tim Drake said:

First, having Cadmus established this early and having Clark's Kryptonian DNA before he becomes Superman is pretty weak.

Having a Clark clone named 'Conner' (even though it tends to be spelled Connor) appear this early on kind of precludes the possibility of the existence of Connor in the future (during the Death of Superman saga to his role in the Titans).

One thing Smallville excels at is the ability to adapt characters in the comics to their continuity and logic. I doubt the whole "Death & Return" of Superman is actually in this Clark Kent's future, so that's a moot point. As far as Cadmus, that was established as part of Smallville lore way back in Season One. I believe Victoria's family sold it to LexCorp or something like that.

A major part of Connor's character is the fact that he is half Kal-el's DNA and half Lex Luthors. Humans were never able to develop a full clone of a Kryptonian, it was impossible...they needed a human base sequence. Connor, in turn, is a conflicted and deep character struggling between good and evil while wondering if he is a clone of Superman or Lex Luthor....
That's a good point. I think one possibility is that Connor is the latest (and therefore most successful) experiment. The previous failed experiments all resulted in Bizarros clones, but when Lex decides to offer his DNA, Connor is born. An even better scenario might be that Lex decides to mix the alien DNA with Lionel's blood!

How would Cadmus (if it was founded by Lex like you suggest here) have Clark Kent's DNA when Lex doesnt even know about Clark's abiltiies. Wouldnt the creation of the clone with powers (assuming Lex is giving it orders like you suggest) prove that Clark Kent's DNA is indeed alien....proof to Lex. Thats just not right...
I think the best explanation is that Lex uses the sample of Clark's blood that I bet he still possesses. And he doesn't know it's Clark's blood, but he does know of its alien properties. After all, I bet Lionel has files at LuthorCorp somewhere. And I think the fact that the resulting Clone bearing a resemblance to a younger Clark Kent will be another nice touch since it gives Lex more insight into who Clark really is.

I think Sage's idea could be a really cool season-long story arc on the show!

RakuMon said:
I think the best explanation is that Lex uses the sample of Clark's blood that I bet he still possesses. And he doesn't know it's Clark's blood, but he does know of its alien properties. After all, I bet Lionel has files at LuthorCorp somewhere. And I think the fact that the resulting Clone bearing a resemblance to a younger Clark Kent will be another nice touch since it gives Lex more insight into who Clark really is.

That would be absolutely awesome! :up: :cool:

Tim, personally I love when they bring in characters from elsewhere. Especially when you remember that this is it's own continuity, they can bring in anyone with their own spin on things. Having Connor show up I think would be great. If they did do a season long arc involving the cloning of Clark, then it would lead to some interesting episodes.

They could introduce Bizarro that way, not including Connor. Re-introducing Cadmus would lead to some neat stuff also. I think they could use the Cadmus story to introduce Gangbuster too, which I would love. He doesn't show up enough in the comics as it is.:up: :cool:

Well I just dont like when they take stuff out of the comics, out of context, totally change everything around about it and fit it into Smallville where it shouldnt be.

I think the DCAU cartoons tend to do a better job of presenting an original product with new stories but is still strongly rooted and based upon the storylines of the comics.

Bringing in Teen Titan characters a decade before Clark even becomes Superman is just strange. I could deal with Smallville being a total reinvent of Superman (alternate earth, Elseworlds..whatever) but still I'd prefer more basis on the source material as opposed to drastic reinvention.

I think I would have had more respect for the show if it could maintain that basis because without it, anything could happen, anythings possible...Darkseid, Doomsday and yes even Connor Kent could show up in future episodes. Superboy showing up long before Clark himself becomes Superman...it just doesnt work for me.

RakuMon said:
One thing Smallville excels at is the ability to adapt characters in the comics to their continuity and logic. I doubt the whole "Death & Return" of Superman is actually in this Clark Kent's future, so that's a moot point. As far as Cadmus, that was established as part of Smallville lore way back in Season One. I believe Victoria's family sold it to LexCorp or something like that.

Whos Victoria? I never payed that close attention to the majority of storylines in season one as they werent even that important in the overall picture, some of them led nowhere too. I'd like to know what Cadmus was doing being established this early in the game anyways.

That Death/Return saga is such a huge event in the life of the modern Superman. Unfortunately we'll never know for sure if its in Smallville Clark's future. I guess it wont be, since they already explored his 'death' and 'ressurection' in season 5.

In Leech, Victoria Hardwick an old flame of Lex's (first introduced in Rogue, I believe) was fooled into getting her father to buy Cadmus which ultimately ruins him.

Here in the wikipedia entry on Cadmus in Smallville:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cadmus

The television series Smallville referenced a company called "Cadmus Labs," which Lex Luthor bought. This Cadmus, however, was just being used by Luthor as part of a larger plan; after it was taken from him in a hostile takeover by a woman pretending to love him and her father, it turned out that the project was a feint. The company was in major financial and legal trouble, and so the "lover" and her father were financially crippled.

In doing a search for this online, I also found an old Smallville Ledger article on the events:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/smallville/ledger/article.jsp?id=sv_vol64_iss04_1

ENUK TUK!!!! :D

It would be hilarious if they did an episode called "Token" where they brought in all of those racially stereotypical characters from the Superfriends:

Apache Chief
Samurai
Black Lightning
Eldorado

Tim Drake said:

[Batman]WHY!![/BATMAN]

Tim Drake said:

I haven't even finished the story up, and how is it weak? Think about it, they're experimenting with Kryptonian DNA at this stage. By the time we approach the Death of Superman saga, they'll have perfected it, which would lead into the real Superboy's creation.

Tim Drake said:

No it doesn't. In the comics, Connor is the name given to Superboy by either Superman or the Kents when he decides to live a civilian identity as CK's cousin. If you were to use my idea, Clark could name Superboy Connor in honor of his first teenage clone.

Tim Drake said:

Well here's the thing...I wouldn't go in that direction. This Connor isn't a mix of Supes and Lex. He is partially human, but he's the first prototype. They're experimenting at this stage. And it will show.

Tim Drake said:

Simple, Lex doesn't know it's CK's DNA. I'll explain it in the second part. It's something leftover from when his father ran LuthorCorp.

Geez, gonna make me give spoilers. :p

RakuMon said:

I think Sage's idea could be a really cool season-long story arc on the show!

Thanks. I was thinking that it wouldn't be Lex's DNA, but rather...Westfield's. I figured that was who it was in the comics until last year when they revealed it was Lex. I figure this way it could be a separation between this Connor and the Superboy of the comics.

Tim Drake said:
Well I just don't like when they take stuff out of the comics, out of context, totally change everything around about it and fit it into Smallville where it shouldn't be.
Meh. Such re-invention is done all the time. It's what helps to keep the stories fresh. There's also many fans of the show who have no clue about Teen Titans, Darkseid, Doomsday, Connor Kent, and even Brainiac.

When SV was first tested for audiences, there were people that had no CLUE what Kryptonite was, or why it affected Clark. That's why they had to show the green vein effect - so that people would know there was something physical happening - and that it HURT! The producers took something from the mythos and adapted it to SV. Clark's blood boils in the presence of K. (ouch!) And the freakin' stuff is everywhere, not just in Addis Ababa. :p

Honestly, I don't mind the changes SV has made. There's a reason for most everything they do, and generally an explanation to accompany the artistic license. If I wanted SV to follow everything explicitly from the comic books, I'd just read the comic books, y'know? As long as the core of the story is still the same though, I'm good.

What I have to say about introducing characters that aren't meant to be yet named is, do it! We don't know how much longer we have to enjoy the show which we all love! Let's get as many as we can before it's to late. What if they happen to have a great story line for Connor, but are thinking the same as Tim, then boom show's over and we never got to enjoy that story plot. Let's enjoy as much as we can in the time we have.

AllThingsComic said:
What I have to say about introducing characters that aren't meant to be yet named is, do it! We don't know how much longer we have to enjoy the show which we all love! Let's get as many as we can before it's to late. What if they happen to have a great story line for Connor, but are thinking the same as Tim, then boom show's over and we never got to enjoy that story plot. Let's enjoy as much as we can in the time we have.

I agree ATC :up: Go with what you get and enjoy it for what it is.

Seriously, I'd like to see Lobo make an appearance. I know it would seem odd, but maybe it could be done this way:

We all know Lobo is just the badass of them all, who even got kicked out of both Heaven AND Hell, and he always returns, usually reincarnated into a squirrel or a lady or something. Well if you ask me, it'd be nice to have a new character introduced, whose name is Robert "Bo" Wolfe, or something like that, and he is seen as a nuisance to Clark, and an all around bad boy.
Eventually, he will be killed or something (by a villain or whatever), and all his blood that is spilled arises and morphs into the Main Man himself.

Not the BEST idea, but if you ask me, it could work. Or maybe make him Slobo instead of Lobo, I dunno...

I'd like to see Martian Manhunter appear as well. He could've escaped from a government containment center and is taking the alias of a cop named John Jones. Using his telepathic link or whatever, he manages to track down another alien being aka Clark. And you all can continue from there.

AgentPat said:
Meh. Such re-invention is done all the time. It's what helps to keep the stories fresh. There's also many fans of the show who have no clue about Teen Titans, Darkseid, Doomsday, Connor Kent, and even Brainiac.

When SV was first tested for audiences, there were people that had no CLUE what Kryptonite was, or why it affected Clark. That's why they had to show the green vein effect - so that people would know there was something physical happening - and that it HURT! The producers took something from the mythos and adapted it to SV. Clark's blood boils in the presence of K. (ouch!) And the freakin' stuff is everywhere, not just in Addis Ababa. :p

Double Meh.

The majority of kids had no idea about the complexities and facets of the DCU but when developing the DCAU cartoons; Batman TAS, Superman TAS, JLU etc.. they did it in a manner that was still true (and close) to the comic storylines and yet made it easy for kids to comprehend what was going on.

Smallville is just mainly Millar's own artistic view for Superman and how he would have handled it. All I'm saying its my own personal preference is for a series closer to the source material like the animated series. The DCAU proves that such a series would work just as well with audiences that have no clue about the details of the DCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"