What should be the next slate of DCEU films?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Since Marvel completely took over Comic Con this year when they announced their slate of films and casting announcements were kept under wraps until they surprised us with it, I wonder if DC take notes and do the same with their slate of films starting at 2020 SDCC?

That being said how the next slate of films (6 films) for next Phase that I would announce:

1- Man of Steel 2 either with Cavill coming back or a new Superman recast actor in place along with a new Lois, a new Luthor and villain being Brainiac; Supergirl introduced in this cast as well with her being in the film

2- Green Lantern Corps villain Sinestro; Martian Manhunter introduced as a side character; taking an MCU like approach

3- The Flash
4- Hawkman & Hawkgirl
5- Shazam 2
6- The Batman 2

Honestly, I think we'll see Supergirl on the big screen before we see Superman again. And I'm as sure as I can be that we've seen the last of Cavill in the DCEU.

If Supergirl is introduced at SDCC 2020 then it would make sense

I'm even having doubts about the Flash movie now, unless there's maybe some recent news that I've missed.

I think WB's main focus characters for the time being will be Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, and Harley Quinn. And Supergirl, if her first appearance gets a positive reaction.

I love Hawkgirl and I'd love to see her on the big screen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Then like I said what should be the SDCC slate for future films going forward if you were the one announcing it like similar to Marvel and what they did just a few days ago

After Joker, Birds of Prey, and Wonder Woman 1984, maybe

1. Suicide Squad 2
2. Aquaman 2
3. The Batman
4. Shazam! 2 (maybe tease Supergirl in some way)
5. Supergirl

Edit: Should add, I mean in terms of the next round of releases. I do realise The Batman has already been very much confirmed as a 'definite'!

Last edited:
I think it’ll be

New Gods
Aquaman 2
The Flash
Black Adam
Gotham City Sirens
Supergirl
Wonder Woman 3
The Batman 2
Green Lantern Corps

Is New Gods still a 'go'? Haven't heard anything for a while.

I am still hoping for a The Dark Knight Returns or Kingdom Come adaptations. Solo films like the Joker. It would be nice, but problably never happening.

I am still hoping for a The Dark Knight Returns or Kingdom Come adaptations. Solo films like the Joker. It would be nice, but problably never happening.
I'd love a big screen adaptation of Kingdom Come (my #1 comic). I know it would never happen, but I'd love to have seen Snyder do it.

Or my 6 slate of films would look like this instead:

Aquaman 2 (2022)
Supergirl (2023)
The Flash (2023)
The Batman 2 (2024)
Shazam 2 (2024)
Green Lantern Corps (2024)

1. Batman
2. Suicide Squad
3. New Gods
4. Aquaman 2
5. Flash
6. Shazam/Black Adam
7. Wonder Woman 3
8. Supergirl/Superman

4 words " A great Superman movie" !

Do that, and the future of DC, WB and the human race is assured.

Snyder utilizing aspects of TDKR for BvS pretty much solidifies that we won't see a live action one for a long time.

Snyder utilizing aspects of TDKR for BvS pretty much solidifies that we won't see a live action one for a long time.
Yes, I've thought the same. GAs would most likely be looking at it and saying 'We've already seen this'.

Or how they should set it up in a MCU like set up:

1- Aquaman 2 (2022)
2- The Flash (2023)
3- Shazam 2 (2023)
4- Supergirl (2023)
5- The Batman 2 (2024)
6- Green Lantern Corps (2024)

Next phase of films begins right after

Is New Gods still a 'go'? Haven't heard anything for a while.

Seriously?? Where have u been?
The news of Tom King hired as a writer of the film were all over twitter, and then there were the news of him starting to write the film as soon as SDCC finish, just yesterday Ava and Tom took social media and shared pictures of them together

Seriously?? Where have u been?
The news of Tom King hired as a writer of the film were all over twitter, and then there were the news of him starting to write the film as soon as SDCC finish, just yesterday Ava and Tom took social media and shared pictures of them together
Ah, I don't do Twitter, etc! Cheers :up:

I will go with what I would like to see rather than trying to guess what is going to show up.

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Green Lantern
3. Aquaman 2
4. Superman
5. The Flash
6. The Batman 2
7. World's Finest
8. Wonder Woman 3
9. Justice League 2
10. Earth 2

I will go with what I would like to see rather than trying to guess what is going to show up.

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Green Lantern
3. Aquaman 2
4. Superman
5. The Flash
6. The Batman 2
7. World's Finest
8. Wonder Woman 3
9. Justice League 2
10. Earth 2

DCEU is set up for the next decade thereafter

I just want WW1984 and Shazam! 2 - give me those two movies ASAP and I’m good: maybe throw in a halfway-decent New Gods movie too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"