Will there be a solo Superman sequel in the DCEU?

Yes there will be I believe, to me, it's obvious they have faith in Cavill and I think we'll get one once the 'dust settles' on the JL two-film release, given I think Brainiac will be major villian in JL2 which they will finish story of in the Supes sequel.

To be fair the story threads of MoS are being developed, touched on and integrated into DoJ so the point could be made, we are actually getting one later this month.

I hope there's another solo Superman film. I'd like it to not be directed by Snyder, though.

I hope there's another solo Superman film. I'd like it to not be directed by Snyder, though.

As much as I love MOS I actually agree but it's only because I want other directors to put their own spin on these characters in the DCEU.

Last edited:
If there were to be, my choice(s) would be a JJ or Brad Bird directed Superman film.

Last edited:
If there were to be, my choice(s) would be a JJ Abrahams or Brad Bird directed Superman film.

:up:

JJ would make an awesome Superman film, people will obviously point to the Flyby script but conveniently forgetting that he was told to make that different and more like Star Wars by one Jon Peters.

I got to be honest, I want Zack Snyder to complete the Superman trilogy he intended.

I got to be honest, I want Zack Snyder to complete the Superman trilogy he intended.

Thete wasn't ever an intended trilogy, here were intentions on a straight sequel and him along with Goyer threw ideas around. But as soon as one of them mentioned a crate of Kryptonite arriving at Wayne Manor that then brought Batman into the conversation. I think there were intentions to build a DCU but never necessarily intentions on doing a solo Superman trilogy.

Agreed.

If there were to be, my choice(s) would be a JJ Abrahams or Brad Bird directed Superman film.

And agreed again. Since 2009, my top two choices for both a Superman reboot and a hypothetical it-won't-happen-but-imagine-if-it-did SWEpVII were Abrams and Bird.

One down... :woot:

I would like Snyder to do another Superman solo personally, I like him as a director and loved MOS. But if he doesn't come back, there are plenty of other directors who would make a good Supes' movie.

I think there will be another Superman movie but it's not a priority for the studio.

I agree. Ideally Snyder should be kept away from the DCEU altogether.

I agree. Ideally Snyder should be kept away from the DCEU altogether.

Yeah the man whose made it happen should stay away :whatever:

Seriously a ridiculous statement

Yeah the man whose made it happen should stay away :whatever:

Seriously a ridiculous statement

A few things:

1. Saying he made it happen is the real ridiculous statement. He directed MOS because Nolan convinced him to. He originally didn't even want to.
2. You act like MOS had the kind of success rarely seen with CBMs, or got such huge acclaim that few directors have achieved in this genre.
3. Snyder himself said the DCEU is thanks to Nolan and his Batman movies.
4. Only a seriously deluded fan could think that keeping Snyder away is a bad thing, as if the DCEU couldn't thrive without him.

So with all due respect, save your condescending eye rolling for yourself.

Last edited:
I'm not Snyder's biggest fan either. He is a very overrated director. I'd like to see someone like a George Miller take over and see what they can do. We are stuck with Snyder through the Justice League movies, and that's fine. Let him do that, and then be done. Give someone else a crack at Superman.

A few things:

1. Saying he made it happen is the real ridiculous statement. He directed MOS because Nolan convinced him to. He originally didn't even want to.
2. You act like MOS had the kind of success rarely seen with CBMs, or got such huge acclaim that few directors have achieved in this genre.
3. Snyder himself said the DCEU is thanks to Nolan and his Batman movies.
4. Only a seriously deluded fan could think that keeping Snyder away is a bad thing, as if the DCEU couldn't thrive without him.

So with all due respect, save your eye rolling for yourself.

1. Snyder is oveseeing the DCEU, Man of Steel was the start of that, it also contained Easter eggs to other DC characters. It was his (& Goyer's) idea to have Batman in the sequel.
2. How do I act like that? Show me where I've said as such. I love MOS yes but I've never said that.
3. Nolan hired Snyder, he's giving him credit for that but it's Snyder whose making it happen. People have been screaming for a Feige for the DCEU well Snyder is that. It's fine if you think he shouldn't direct the movies but it's clear the guy knows his stuff when it comes to the genre. So he is a great choice for the role of overseer of the DCEU.
4. I didn't say that either, but you're letting your personal dislike of his movies or maybe just of MOS make a judgement that everyone should think the DCEU would be better off without him.

I'm not Snyder's biggest fan either. He is a very overrated director. I'd like to see someone like a George Miller take over and see what they can do. We are stuck with Snyder through the Justice League movies, and that's fine. Let him do that, and then be done. Give someone else a crack at Superman.

:up:

1. Snyder is oveseeing the DCEU, Man of Steel was the start of that, it also contained Easter eggs to other DC characters. It was his (& Goyer's) idea to have Batman in the sequel.
2. How do I act like that? Show me where I've said as such. I love MOS yes but I've never said that.
3. Nolan hired Snyder, he's giving him credit for that but it's Snyder whose making it happen.
4. I didn't say that either, but you're letting your personal dislike of his movies or maybe just of MOS make a judgement that everyone should think the DCEU would be better off without him.

1. So what if he is over seeing the DCEU? He's only doing that because he was convinced by another director to even come on board in the first place. You're acting like we have Snyder to thank for there even being another Superman movie, or he has spear headed a hugely successful DCEU when we have only had one movie so far, and a divisive one at that.
2. By scoffing at the idea that Snyder being kept off future DCEU projects would be such a bad thing.
3. That's not what he's giving him credit for. He said Nolan and his Batman movies are what the DCEU has to thank for existing. That it is the legacy to those movies. His words.
4. No, you're letting your love for MOS make a silly judgement. I know what Snyder is like handling a DC movie. So thinking the DCEU could do better without him is a valid opinion. You on the other hand are scoffing at the idea that just because he directed MOS that it would be foolish to keep him away from the DCEU in the future. There is no reason to think that. There are many brilliant directors out there who could make the DCEU thrive.

1. So what if he is over seeing the DCEU? He's only doing that because he was convinced by another director to even come on board in the first place. You're acting like we have Snyder to thank for there even being another Superman movie, or he has spear headed a hugely successful DCEU when we have only had one movie so far, and a divisive one at that.
2. By scoffing at the idea that Snyder being kept off future DCEU projects would be such a bad thing.
3. That's not what he's giving him credit for. He said Nolan and his Batman movies are what the DCEU has to thank for existing. That it is the legacy to those movies. His words.
4. No, you're letting your love for MOS make a silly judgement. I know what Snyder is like handling a DC movie. So thinking the DCEU could do better without him is a valid opinion. You on the other hand are scoffing at the idea that just because he directed MOS that it would be foolish to keep him away from the DCEU in the future. There is no reason to think that. There are many brilliant directors out there who could make the DCEU thrive.

1. How am I acting like we have Snyder to thank for a hugely successful Superman movie? I'm saying he should be thanked for starting the DCEU which he is doing.
2. You stated he should be kept away from the DCEU even though he's the one delivering it.
3. Yeah and that's no different that someone inspiring someone else it's still Snyder whose made this all come together.
4. I really think you're just taking objection to how much I love MOS and projecting it on my statements when I'm not even saying these things because of my love for MOS. Again you out words in my mouth, I'm talking about him staying in the DCEU (not necessarily as director) because he obviously knows what he's doing with the world etc. He's the one mapping it out with the directors of other projects etc.

1. How am I acting like we have Snyder to thank for a hugely successful Superman movie? I'm saying he should be thanked for starting the DCEU which he is doing.
2. You stated he should be kept away from the DCEU even though he's the one delivering it.
3. Yeah and that's no different that someone inspiring someone else it's still Snyder whose made this all come together.
4. I really think you're just taking objection to how much I love MOS and projecting it on my statements when I'm not even saying these things because of my love for MOS. Again you out words in my mouth, I'm talking about him staying in the DCEU (not necessarily as director) because he obviously knows what he's doing with the world etc. He's the one mapping it out with the directors of other projects etc.

1. By rolling your eyes at the idea of him being kept off future projects. You said nothing about giving him thanks. By all means give him your gratitude for directing MOS. That had nothing to do with what I was saying.
2. Yes that's right. I am of the opinion the DCEU would be better without him given the quality, or lack thereof, of MOS. Someone else could be hired to map out the DCEU. He doesn't have to be the one to do it. What is the problem with that exactly?
3. Being inspired by something, and something happening because of the brilliance and success of something else are two entirely different things.
4. I couldn't care less how much you love MOS. That remark just shows your whole response is a product of your own insecure paranoia. I wasn't even talking to you in the first place. You're the one who came in here rolling your eyes and calling my opinion ridiculous because you have a bee in your bonnet over the opinion that the DCEU would be better off without Snyder. Any competent director can map out a world for the DCEU. Snyder is not the one we owe a debt of thanks to for all this happening.

Last edited:
1. By rolling your eyes at the idea of him being kept off future projects. You said nothing about giving him thanks. By all means give him your gratitude for directing MOS. That had nothing to do with what I was saying.
2. Yes that's right. I am of the opinion the DCEU would be better without him given the quality, or lack thereof, of MOS. Someone else could be hired to map out the DCEU. He doesn't have to be the one to do it. What is the problem with that exactly?
3. No it's not. Being inspired by something, and something happening because of the brilliance and success of something else are two entirely different things.
4. I couldn't care less how much you love MOS. That remark just shows your whole response is a product of your own insecure paranoia. I wasn't even talking to you in the first place. You're the one who came in here rolling your eyes and calling my opinion ridiculous because you have a bee in your bonnet over the opinion that the DCEU would be better off without Snyder. Any competent director can map out a world for the DCEU. Snyder is not the one we owe a debt of thanks to for all this happening.

1. You didn't say future projects you said from the DCEU which he us overseeing well into JL P2.
2. You can be of that opinion but give him credit for bringing it together in the first place.
3. Disagree
4. Ok then my paranoia even though you've mentioned it several times. Oh excuse me for responding to a post on a forum.

Ha yet no one else has been able to thus far, I'm not saying there aren't others capable but he's the one that's done it. That's a fact.

1. You didn't say future projects you said from the DCEU which he us overseeing well into JL P2.
2. You can be of that opinion but give him credit for bringing it together in the first place.
3. Disagree
4. Ok then my paranoia even though you've mentioned it several times. Oh excuse me for responding to a post on a forum.

Ha yet no one else has been able to thus far, I'm not saying there aren't others capable but he's the one that's done it. That's a fact.

1. I said keep him away from the DCEU which obviously means any future movies not already made, since you can't change the past and unmake MOS and BvsS.
2. I give Snyder credit for directing a divisive Superman movie and that's it. I have yet to see what he has turned out with BvsS, or how successful his mapped out DCEU will be.
3. Naturally.
4. Mentioned what several times? You can respond all you like, just don't falsely accuse me of having some sort of issue with your love for MOS, when it was you who tackled my post in the first place. Then accused me of my allowing my dislike of MOS to color my judgement. As if judging the quality of a director's movie is a bad way to judge their suitability for future movies.

How do you know nobody else has been able to thus far? Have WB approached other directors who tried and failed? Not that we've seen Snyder pull this off yet either.

Last edited:
1. I said keep him away from the DCEU which obviously means any future movies not already made. JL P2 is a future project of the DCEU, or has the movie been made and I have missed it somehow?
2. I give Snyder credit for directing a divisive Superman movie and that's it. I have yet to see what he has turned out with BvsS, or how successful his mapped out DCEU will be.
3. Naturally.
4. Mentioned what several times? You can respond all you like, just don't falsely accuse me of having some sort of issue with your love for MOS, when it was you who tackled my post in the first place. Then accused me of my allowing my dislike of MOS to color my judgement. As if judging the quality of a director's movie is a bad way to judge their suitability for future movies.

How do you know nobody else has been able to thus far? Have WB approached other directors who tried and failed? Not that we've seen Snyder pull this off yet either.

Ok then lets just agree to disagree and move on

Last edited:
Ok then lets just agree to disagree and move on

batman-v-superman.jpeg

I expect there to be another Superman solo film.
But, It probably will not be announced until after the release of JL1 at the very least .

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"