What the next The Batman DTV was suppose to be...

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
The story:
When Jeff Matsuda was still on The Batman (remember he left a while back), he had plans for the enxt direct-to-video to THe Batman following The Batman vs Dracula. He is friends with Jeph Loeb and what he wanted to do for the next DTV was what we were hearing about from time to time: The Batman vs Hush.

From day one they had been trying to get Hush up from the ground, but never panned out, but he did dig out some great art he used to try and sway the powers that be at WB.

More details may or may not be revealed about the project later on, but here is an image from Matsuda of what Hush would've looked like. In a poster-like image, here is The Batman vs Hush:

THEBATMANbtsHushDTVpitchart.jpg

Thanks goes for Legions of Gotham for the info.

A straight adaptation of Hush would have never worked in TB.... but it would have been gold for Timmverse. Its a shame a number of those dtvs never happened.

Whilst I'd have prefered to see the Timmverse deal with this as well, I'd like to see this made.

I'm not sure how well The Batman would handle Hush, but he looks cool animated, which would be reason enough for me to pick up this DVD if it got made.

Is there any chance of this actually happening?

Considering that THE BATMAN VS. DRACULA was surprisingly good, even if this wouldn't have been a straight adaptation, I think it probably would have been watchable, and a shame we won't see it. Thanks for the scoop.

It would have been interesting to see what they could have done with it, but I sort of glad it didn't happened. It would have had to be toned down... a lot.

I would have loved to see in the Timmiverse though.

Too bad. I'm sure some things would have been different, especially seeing Penguin.
Maybe Timm and Gregory Noveck will do an adaptation of Batman: Hush like they are doing Superman: Doomsday, DC: The New Frontier, and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract with an older mature level.

Too bad it was scrapped. Looked good. Another good project ruined thanks to the baboons at WB and DC.

A straight adaptation of Hush would have never worked in TB.... but it would have been gold for Timmverse.
Precisely. Thank God they didn't **** Hush up too. The Batman's incarnation of The Riddler, in particular, would have been completely unacceptable and inappropriate for the story.

i would of loved to see this made, i loved the comic book story of hush, very brilliantly done. to bad it got scrapped.

if they were doing hush...why are penguin and mr. freeze there? how would they have done the jason todd fake out? the riddler woudlnt have worked at all, having a "friend who turns into a villain" was already done with clayface, the catwoman/batman relationship wouldnt have worked out, there would have been no way to do the ivy/superman part of the storyline...it just never would have worked, and would have been a dumbed down version of an incredible story line...happy it didnt happen.

if they were doing hush...why are penguin and mr. freeze there? how would they have done the jason todd fake out? the riddler woudlnt have worked at all, having a "friend who turns into a villain" was already done with clayface, the catwoman/batman relationship wouldnt have worked out, there would have been no way to do the ivy/superman part of the storyline...it just never would have worked, and would have been a dumbed down version of an incredible story line...happy it didnt happen.

The thing about Hush is that, he hated Bruce from the start, so they weren't as close as Ethan was, so Bruce wouldn't go soft on Hush.

And I don't think it would have been as dumbed down. DTVs get a lot less restrictions and censorship than the regular show. A good example would be "The Batman vs. Dracula", where there was a lot more mature content than in a regular episode.

I do agree that some things wouldn't have worked, but it wasn't going to be a straight adaptation like the DC DTVs that are coming soon. Probably loosely based, but not every detail. Looked interesting, but it was sadly scrapped.

I think that Hush would have been great as a Timm/Diniverse DTV, because the story wouldn't have been very difficult for them to adapt. However, Hush was such an awesome villain that I'd settle for a TB DTV based loosely on it. The character design in that pic is pretty kick@$$, and I think they could have made it work, even if it'd have to deviate from the original story more than it would if it were in the Timmverse.

The thing about Hush is that, he hated Bruce from the start, so they weren't as close as Ethan was, so Bruce wouldn't go soft on Hush.

And I don't think it would have been as dumbed down. DTVs get a lot less restrictions and censorship than the regular show. A good example would be "The Batman vs. Dracula", where there was a lot more mature content than in a regular episode.

I do agree that some things wouldn't have worked, but it wasn't going to be a straight adaptation like the DC DTVs that are coming soon. Probably loosely based, but not every detail. Looked interesting, but it was sadly scrapped.

Hush (Tommy) only hated Bruce after his parents didn't die. They were best friends before Bruce's parents got shot. Another thing that wouldnt work is Huntress saving Batman in crime alley...And with Hush, if you're going to do an animated adaptation of it, it should be done ala the new DTV's like Superman/Doomsday, and do it direct from the comics, cause it would work much better than any adaptation.

Hush (Tommy) only hated Bruce after his parents didn't die. They were best friends before Bruce's parents got shot. Another thing that wouldnt work is Huntress saving Batman in crime alley...And with Hush, if you're going to do an animated adaptation of it, it should be done ala the new DTV's like Superman/Doomsday, and do it direct from the comics, cause it would work much better than any adaptation.

A DTV on a straight adaptation would have worked, just as long as the designs are different from anything we've seen before, or just exactly like the comics. That's what is worriyng me about the Superman/Doomsday DTV. It looks way too much like the Timmstyle, rather than the comic.

Maybe if Superman Doomsday sells well, we'll see a Hush DTV! :up:

A DTV on a straight adaptation would have worked, just as long as the designs are different from anything we've seen before, or just exactly like the comics. That's what is worriyng me about the Superman/Doomsday DTV. It looks way too much like the Timmstyle, rather than the comic.
You've seen screenshots? Could you share?

That's because Bruce Timm probably did the character designs.

It doesn't really bother me; I mean, it's not like Timm's style is a bad one, and as long as it remains faithful storywise, it should be fine.

JL: New Frontier should look a lot like the comic what with Cooke on board for it. I haven't a clue about Judas Contract...

That's because Bruce Timm probably did the character designs.

It doesn't really bother me; I mean, it's not like Timm's style is a bad one, and as long as it remains faithful storywise, it should be fine.

JL: New Frontier should look a lot like the comic what with Cooke on board for it. I haven't a clue about Judas Contract...

Forget what I said earlier about the new DTV. I´m officially hyped about "Superman: Doomsday".

Fun fact: Comics Continuum (sp?) once mentioned that the episode "Rumors" was going to be Hush-related, but the idea was nixed by DC.

Even if the DTV was scrapped, who would you have liked to voice Hush?

Conroy as a throwback to B:TAS and because Hush always seemed like an analouge of Batman.

Conroy as a throwback to B:TAS and because Hush always seemed like an analouge of Batman.

Nice choice. Other choices in my mind were Christian Bale (if they got Brandon Routh to voice someone, then he wouldn't have been much of a stretch) and Kiefer Sutherland (sp?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"