What to do when a mod gets out of hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoJones

Avenger
Reaction score
Why do some of the mods ban people even if no rules have been broken? I mean, who do you go to complain to about a power tripping mod? It's a legitimate question. No names have been called out. I'm sure it's something other people besides myself have wondered.

Take him out back and put one in between his eyes, then light the body on fire and bury what's left of the remains.

You can tell another mod/admin to maybe get a decision overturned.

He/she would have to be tattled on to Mr. SHH by his coworkers in order for any serious punishment to be enforced.:ninja:

If you mean you know who who did what, yes he broke a rule

It makes me wonder how a mod can get to the point where the vast majority of users want them gone, and nothing happens. Not saying that about anyone specific, it's happened a lot since I've been here.

You can tell another mod/admin to maybe get a decision overturned.

He/she would have to be tattled on to Mr. SHH by his coworkers in order for any serious punishment to be enforced.

Has that ever happened? Actually, we'd likely never know if it has...

If you mean you know who who did what, yes he broke a rule

What the hell does that even mean? :confused:

This thread's about what can be done about mods who power trip and what can be done about them.

What the hell does that even mean? :confused:

This thread's about what can be done about mods who power trip and what can be done about them.

I think he's referring to the person he just put on probation for the thread he just deleted.

That has nothing to do with this thread, though. Morg should ban himself for spamming, if that's the case.

^^I gotta admit, the timing was pretty incredible for the two to be unrelated, but i believe you.

And I think there should be a topic about that, because I feel it was unjustified.

Why do some of the mods ban people even if no rules have been broken? I mean, who do you go to complain to about a power tripping mod? It's a legitimate question. No names have been called out. I'm sure it's something other people besides myself have wondered.

To make a legitament complaint about a mod....contact the other mods and admins, and give a detailed account of what is troubling you.

That has nothing to do with this thread, though. Morg should ban himself for spamming, if that's the case.

and how about you, Mr I got 4 infractions?

I don't spam, I post and make comments and chat in lounge threads sometimes.
I used to join in the game threads but stopped years ago

^^I gotta admit, the timing was pretty incredible for the two to be unrelated, but i believe you.

And I think there should be a topic about that, because I feel it was unjustified.

actually it wasn't, it's not cool posting people PM's

they are private and unless the person ask permission(he sure didn't!) to be allowed to post it we removed PM's from threads

I don't spam, I post and make comments and chat in lounge threads sometimes.
I used to join in the game threads but stopped years ago

he's talking about in this thread, as your comment was off-topic.

actually it wasn't, it's not cool posting people PM's

they are private and unless the person ask permission(he sure didn't!) to be allowed to post it we removed PM's from threads

He said it himself, he needed it to prove his point, and in my opinion it was perfectly justified. It's not like you said something all that private. There should be different levels of PM privacy.

And how many of those were do to a power tripping mod? Case closed. And I don't think I gave you written consent to post that. Can I ban you now?

To make a legitament complaint about a mod....contact the other mods and admins, and give a detailed account of what is troubling you.

That's informative, thanks. If there's a legitimate complaint involved, can/will anything be done about it, honestly?

He said it himself, he needed it to prove his point, and in my opinion it was perfectly justified. It's not like you said something all that private. There should be different levels of PM privacy.

sorry, PM are PM's-they are private to the person sent too. I never post anyone PM unless I got permission

sorry, PM are PM's-they are private to the person sent too. I never post anyone PM unless I got permission

Yes, I understand how things stand now. I was making a suggestion. I really don't think it's as black and white as it's made out to be.

That's informative, thanks. If there's a legitimate complaint involved, can/will anything be done about it, honestly?
Yes. Legitament complaints are discussed and checked out in the mod room. Sometimes decisions are reversed after being checked out. Sometimes things stay the same. Sometimes the penalties get more severe after being investigated.

Sort of off topic, but how are mods selected? It seems there are some on these boards that really have no business being mods. If enough people submit complaints, can a mod be de-modded?

And how many of those were do to a power tripping mod? Case closed. And I don't think I gave you written consent to post that. Can I ban you now?

Sorry nope, case not closed. I read what you done-you weren't a choir boy. Just thought I should point out to you the same could been applied to you

Now excuse me, mythbusters on *woot*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back