What to do when a mod gets out of hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Cmill said, If you disagree with a call then ask another mod to take a look and if you still aren't satisfied contact the grand puba.

Sort of off topic, but how are mods selected? It seems there are some on these boards that really have no business being mods. If enough people submit complaints, can a mod be de-modded?

I think it a case was made with enough co signs and plenty of examples, it would be looked into thoroughly.

Hypsters, rebel! We can overrun their systems! :cmad:

So in the Comics forum, Photojones made a thread about a back issue hunt he went on, here's his post:

PhotoJones said:
So, yesterday I was at the flea market that I go to on occasion, looking for back issues. There's a dealer there who's got an account with Diamond, so he's got new stuff coming in, but he also has an endless supply of just about every back issue of just about every book that Marvel or DC have ever published, and he sells them all for either cover price or below. It's pretty great.

Anyway, while I was looking through a long box of Uncanny X-Men issues, this dude walks in with two of his friends, one I'm assuming, is his girlfriend. He starts looking through one of the Hulk long boxes and begins to give his opinions about comics in general. And my, what opinions he has.

- "Yeah, I'm jus' 'bout the biggest Hulk fan there ever wuz. You know that Chinese piece of **** what directed that Hulk movie a couple years back? Yeah, he's a Chinese piece of ****. They need to get an Uh-merican to make movies of the Hulk. He's a national icon, the Hulk."

- "Oh, lookie here. Here's the newest Captain Uh-merica. Brubaker writes this ****. Marvel oughtta be ashamed of themselves, letting this f****t turn Captain Uh-merica into some communist f****t. That's why I read them other Ultimate books. They got the real Captain Uh-merica in there; kickin' ass and takin' names, you know what I'm sayin'?"

- "Check this out, it's the new Silver Surfer book. "In Thy Name." I like that. Sounds like the Bible, you know? This one's got art by Michael Turner*. I love that guy. He draws the best ****in' Silver Surfer ever."

- "You ever read that Ghost Rider? I love that guy. They never say it, but he's workin' for God, takin' out all them demons. He's jus' an honest Christian man like myself, that the Devil done made ugly. But he killed the Devil and now he's lookin' to clean up all them leftover demons. That's what this book is about."

It took every bit of will power in me not to turn to him and correct his every incorrect statement or baseless opinion. Is this the average comic book fan, or is this the average American? I can't decide. I think it's both. I finally got so fed up, I left to go to the record dealer to kill some time before it was safe to go back.

* It doesn't.

The thread was closed two posts later, with this remark by our favorite mod, Morg:

Morg said:
Not really a comic related thread, more of a lounge shoot the breeze BS

and we do have one in here

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that PJ has been going after Morg the last couple of days, nothing. And I'm sure Morg didn't close the thread about Mods run amok either.

And please, don't give me any bull**** about proper channels, and PM'ing other mods about this. It hasn't worked in the past, it's not going to work now.

Morg needs to go. Plain and simple. I'm sure he's a nice, funny guy when he makes normal posts on the Hype, but he's a horrible mod and this sure as hell isn't the first time someone's had a problem with him. I'm sure once he sees this, it'll get closed, too. That's what he does. He bans, deletes or closes threads that have broken no rules and that are relevant to the forum or topic at hand.

Get Morg out of here.

I'm not leaving and told photo jones it's more of a lounge thread-which I pointed out one is there

Oh yes, closing again

This is a problem on the Hype, and it's one that is never investigated by the mods. He'll close a thread, make a post about why and then that's it. If closing a thread because it doesn't fit in a particular forum as well as Morg thinks it doesn't is close-worthy, then we may as well just shut the Hype down.

This is my proper channel. I, along with MANY, MANY more, want Morg's status as a mod re-evaluated. He's got no business being a mod.

closed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"