Homecoming What to do with Spider-Man... AGAIN?!?!?!

I wouldn't mind MJ, Gwen, & Harry them double dating and by the end of the the second or third wave (assuming Spidey goes the MCU route in his own) Gwen is dead, MJ & Pete are a thing, now Harry is GG with Liz and you see how much the relationship overall has changed.

Just wondering, does who all here actually wants them to use Ultimate Gwen in the new series? I've seen a few people mention it, most to fit Moretz into the role. Personally, it would be a major detractor for me.

Personally I don't want ultimate gwen or mj. I rather have classic for them. But I do expect one of them might be ultimate take.

Just wondering, does who all here actually wants them to use Ultimate Gwen in the new series? I've seen a few people mention it, most to fit Moretz into the role. Personally, it would be a major detractor for me.
Yes, it would be a great way to separate this Gwen from Stone's take on the character.

I wouldn't have Peter meet Gwen or Mary Jane or even Harry until he gets to college, and by that point in this new series Emma Stone's Gwen will have been long past.

Eh, I disaggree on that point. Peter needs some friends to talk to in his school scenes. I get he's an outsider and has to have outsider feeling where he feels like he has no friends. But that's not the case he does have friends and imo needs them so for his character. Harry, Gwen and MJ are major players in his mythos. I they might leave one or two of them out of the first film. But I doubt they'll leave all 3 out.

Eh, I disaggree on that point. Peter needs some friends to talk to in his school scenes. I get he's an outsider and has to have outsider feeling where he feels like he has no friends. But that's not the case he does have friends and imo needs them so for his character. Harry, Gwen and MJ are major players in his mythos. I they might leave one or two of them out of the first film. But I doubt they'll leave all 3 out.

They didn't become major players in the mythos until Peter went to college.

Chloe Moretz looked pretty good in that 5th Wave trailer. I wouldn't mind seeing her as Gwen, especially if they go the Ultimate route with her. She's a more than capable actress IMO.

Both MJ and Harry will be in this movie. Hell, MJ was even mentioned by Feige himself in leaked emails. Bet on it.

That be no good 3 films then with no key players besides flash and liz and kevin has said he wants to use and focus more on supporting players. So I expect to see harry, mj gwen, flash, then likely kong or sally for a film or two.

Exactly, it'd be ridiculous not to include them in the film.

Ya like I said kevin wants to focus more on the peter drama of normal life and heroics. And you only want one friend or may to be only cast. That be pretty boring. We have to have a bigger cast. Now sure not everyone be lead role or the main focus. Which they dont. And like I said I could see some like sally or kong only used for a film or two them go. And the main hs players be mj gwen harry flash liz. Then probably see flash or liz go by college time. And bring in folks like randy, debra, carlie, Anna maria, or what not.

Not in the Ultimate comics.

I don't want Ultimate Mary Jane, mostly because Dunst was very similar to Ultimate Mary Jane and it feels "been there, done that".

Part of the reason I want a break from MJ, Gwen, and the Osbournes is because they were a big part of the previous Spider-Man movies and it's more than a little stale.

I don't want Ultimate Mary Jane, mostly because Dunst was very similar to Ultimate Mary Jane and it feels "been there, done that".

Part of the reason I want a break from MJ, Gwen, and the Osbournes is because they were a big part of the previous Spider-Man movies and it's more than a little stale.

Dunst never felt like Ultimate MJ, personally. She was in high school for like 2 minutes and not very likeable, especially in SM3.

Dunst never felt like Ultimate MJ, personally. She was in high school for like 2 minutes and not very likeable, especially in SM3.

I wasn't talking about likability. She was the girl next door (literally). Ultimate MJ comes off the same way to me (girl next door).

I want the "You hit the jackpot Tiger" MJ. I'd also prefer not to get it until Peter goes to college.

Well we'll just have to wait to see which comics they take indluence from.

Personally I dont want ultimate mj either. I like a mix of classic and ultimate. I want her to be that hottie who is way out of peter league and a wild girl. Which is a cover for her bad family life. Then in time she mellows out and becomes friends with peter, flash, harry, gwen and we development friendship over series of films. And maybe play on off and on love deal between her peter and gwen. Then others like debra, carlie, etc..... later in life.

This quote from Greg Weisman sums up the Mary Jane and Peter/Mary Jane relationship I want to get from this new series:
http://mrsspidermanmaryjanewatsonpa...that-was-our-feeling-mary-jane-and-gwen-stacy

In terms of romance, I would like Peter/Gwen and Peter/MJ in the first film to resemble Steve/Sharon and Steve/Natasha from CA:TWS, respectively.

That would be perfect !!

Both MJ and Harry will be in this movie. Hell, MJ was even mentioned by Feige himself in leaked emails. Bet on it.
Really?? this makes me so happy!
I want MJ so bad, but I don't want her to be the LI already in the first movie. Like people said, they are in HS. Make MJ fun, someone who doesn't want a serious relationship.
I would also like to see her Aunt anna and May; they were very close in the comics.

I would like for MJ to know that Peter is Spiderman from the very beginning, without him knowing it. Like in "Parallel lives" where she saw him crawling from his room after Ben's death.
I always loved this retcon and I'm tired of the "I'm [insert superhero name]" moment with the LI. It's been done 5242 times already. Let Peter have this big moment (but not really) " I'm spiderman" and Mj be like 'duh. I know". Because at first, Peter wasn't really careful with his secret identity and their houses were always close so it would make sense.

''What to do with Spider-Man, again''
Don't do love story, make him about HIM as a student and Spider-Man, make it fun, make it accesible to everyone and not only to kids, have a fun villain, be it because of how he is written or because of his personality.

Yes! Agreed, keep the love interest stuff to a minor role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"