The Winter Soldier What was on Cap's catch-up list?

Uncle Radiation

Civilian
Reaction score
Very minor spoilers...

At the start of the film, Cap puts a Marvin Gaye song on a list of modern things he needs to cach up on that he missed. I'm willing to bet the shot of this list is different for different countries.

Anyway, the only things I recall were;

Sean Connery
1966 World Cup final

Anyone catch anything else?

Captain-America-to-do-list-550x309.jpg

Solved!

I'd kinda think Steve would like Rocky IV a whole lot.

Yes Steve, you should see Rocky II (it's quite good). Not as good as the first, but still good in it's own right.

As I thought...that's not the list that was shown in my cinema (in the UK). That list had Sean Connery and the 1966 World Cup final on it.

As I recall, there was some poll for what Brit TV show would be on the list, with the likes of Fawlty Towers and Doctor Who included.

It does seem like an odd thing, from a story standpoint. Steve is an American and probably foremost trying to catch up on America pop culture, and maybe that can accommodate certain British things like Connery, Doctor Who, and the Beatles, but the 1966 World Cup seems odd.

Myself, I'm wondering how no one's told Steve about the Dollars trilogy or Johnny Cash.

I feel like Falsworth from the Commando's is still alive as Union Jack and he told Steve to check out the 1966 World Cup and Steve is just doing it out of friendship.

Steve made sure Star Wars was the first thing he did from his list, the man has his priorities in order! :D

I get the whole regional thing, but Steve having the 1966 World Cup on his list was beyond stupid

Star Wars/Trek was superb though haha

it's probably UK only in both viewings I saw the US list.

but it is fun to imagine what would have been on an Austrian catch up list LOL

The World Cup in 1966 would be on there because England defeated Germany in the final.

Maybe, but it was a pretty historic event. First time the sides faced in a meaningful competition since WWII. It was a huge moment of catharsis for England.

Maybe, but it was a pretty historic event. First time the sides faced in a meaningful competition since WWII. It was a huge moment of catharsis for England.
And England won the WC. Pretty big event in any case

The '66 world cup is a big deal, but you need the context of already being interested in football for it to be a big deal, which an American, 70 years out of time or not, probably lacks.

Maybe one of Zemo's kids was in the Germany squad and he wants to revel in their defeat.

I saw The Beatles on the list as well. Was there a UK TV show on the list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"