The Winter Soldier What was on Cap's catch-up list?

I want to see the New Zealand one.

Last edited:
All Blacks
Lord of the Rings
Dave Dobbin

:hehe:

AC/DC could've been on the American list, too. Stark would've told him about them. :woot:

He would have heard it in Avengers when Stark overrides the Quinjet's speakers.

Australian list is pretty stupid. Tim Tams and Skippy?

Should have just been.

Mad Max
AC/DC

Can't argue with Tim Tams, they are delicious.

It'd be hilarious if they had Chris Hemsworth on the list.

e6ynf8.jpg

Is that Sherlock listed next to "TV show" in the UK version? It looks like it is, but I can't see the whole word.

Dumb pandering. Makes no sense for him to have things specific to each country if he's Captain America and represents the US.

So....Cap in your mind is a stuck up jignostic idiot with no interest in anything outside of the USA....even though he spent several years traveling around Europe fighting evil and now needs to know about the world because he travels around it fighting evil again?

I do find the regionalization rather silly, since he's Captain America.

World changing events is one thing, but some of these only make sense if you're say British (World Cup) or Mexican (first Mexican astronaut).

It does seem rather poorly thought out.

It's clever and funny and it's so minor that it doesn't impact anything in the movies at all.

World changing events is one thing, but some of these only make sense if you're say British (World Cup) or Mexican (first Mexican astronaut).

Come on guys. It's a small easter egg that only hardcore geeks and moviephiles would investigate. They represented other countries in a fun way which will only earn them some extra world cred down the line. Jesus Caps not the most popular hero worldwide so I think it's genius and a nice touch. God forbid movies do something funny and cute in this day and age.

I don't know, I'd like to think the average joe (or the localized equivalent) isn't a total doofus.

Calling it genius may be the other extreme.

English not British. Maybe he wanted to check out that Final because England defeated Germany and he thought his friends Peggy Carter and Montgomery Falsworth would have been there....

Again, England beat GERMANY in that World Cup final. Kind of a big thing. Plus Cap obviously has a few English friends.

My guess for the Canadian version of the movie:

Anne of Green Gables
Trudeaumania
Celine Dion
Wayne Gretzky

To be honest it is corny, there are enough events in history that translate across all countries. I think Skippy the Bush Kangaroo was on the Aussie list which frankly is kinda stupid since Skippy hasn't been an icon of Australia since the 1970's and virtually no-one of the last two generations would give a crap about even mentioning the show. It was clearly one of those cases where the people writing the lists just wrote down what famous things they knew of each country. :funny:

Hey come on, Skippy is awesome. Better than ****ing Lassie :D

Nonsense, it was a clever bit that gave the audience something to grab onto.

I think the fact that he has to write down even banal things like skippy shows how disconnected with the world he really is.

Plus, what else is he going to want to know about australia? Ashes cups and racist Howard era policies?

Nonsense, it was a clever bit that gave the audience something to grab onto.

I think the fact that he has to write down even banal things like skippy shows how disconnected with the world he really is.

Plus, what else is he going to want to know about australia? Ashes cups and racist Howard era policies?

Hobart, Tazmania has some of the best fish and chips in the world.

Not being American, or English, or Australian, or any of those nationalities... Yeah, some of those are a little stupid. But harmless.

Its a pretty good idea, though. Just lousy execution in places.

The Korean version includes Oldboy. Which I found hilarious.

I do think the UK one should have said James Bond film series rather then just Sean Connery...

I'm glad we got the standard list where I watched it. Makes no sense to have a list specific for a country he's not only not from, but also doesn't live in. Where would he have gotten those recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"