What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
71xx-E42v-D5-L-RI.jpg

QhJEvWC.gif

X2
QUALITY = 9/10
JOY = 10/10

Wolverine and Charlie's Team Go Again, This Time they join forces with Magneto and Mystique.

This one shows markings of Jean struggling with her Phoenix powers a few times since the start, so I still don't understand why people think X-Men 3 brought it out of nowhere. Maybe her having powers of darkness since the start is out of place.

This movie stands the test of time as awesome, and thankfully it has my favorite X-Man (thanks to Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends): @Iceman

Alice in Wonderland (dir. Tim Burton)
Fighting with my Family (dir. Stephen Merchant)

MV5BY2I4ODI2MTQtYWRmZS00NzU3LTlmYmItNjQ0NWUyOGRkNzRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg3MTIwODI@._V1_SX341_CR0,0,341,499_AL_.jpg

Big Fish & Begonia (2016)
Chinese animated fantasy movie like Japan's Studio Ghibli's movies.

While the narrative outside of the main character's wasn't very strong, the animation and score was great, and it was above average overall I think.

CleverWindyHoopoe-size_restricted.gif

X-MEN 3
QUALITY = 8/10
JOY = 10/10

This movie I call:

A Hairball, A Furball, and A Team vs Magneto Again
This Time, Charlie Dies Halfway Through

But seriously, this is a good movie, everything makes sense and is properly set and ordered. My one major complaint is the shaky camera during action scenes, the previous two movies didn't share this nonsense.

Next comes the first bad movie in this franchise, a movie so bad and out of place that even sequels forget it happened, only Deadpool reminds you it exists, but it has a fun video game tie-in, and is one of the reasons you have your Deadpool movies.

Since Black Widow is now delayed and Eternals might be delayed to neXt year and I'm stuck in my bedroom bored and worried. I guess this is the perfect time to marathon the Mcu's movies!

Captain Marvel: The First Heroine
Captain America: The First Avenger

Both aren't great but decent first solo film for the two characters. I also didn't realize until now, that these two films featured the Tesseract.

JzsyhBk.jpg

A ½ review of Homeward (2020)
Homeward

It's the Asylum rip off of Onward and it's exactly the kind of bad that some sorry housewife would mistakenly buy for their kid. I would say the animation was atrocious as bad place (and it is), but knowing that there was only one guy working on it, it was kinda impressive. It got the bare story structure and characters of Onward, but they obviously change it enough to not get sued. If you ever want to know what Tom Green and Joey Lawrence is doing, you know now. I believe it's my first Asylum movie and it's quiet the endurance test even though it's not even 90 minutes long. Overall, it's terrible to state the obvious. It's really not a movie to acknowledge its existence, but it does and that's gotta count for something.
0.5/5

gOJtYHI.jpg

A ★★★★ review of Superman: Red Son (2020)
Superman: Red Son

I haven't read the comic in so long, but I thought this was pretty incredible. It's always refreshing when DC abandons their NU52 verse and their awful character designs to do these one shot/Elseworlds movies. Just like the comic, it's essentially a what if for Superman if he had landed on Russia instead of the US. They do a great job delving into politics, alt history, and Superman's ideologies just enough without making them sound hokey. It's also incredibly violent and not in a fun way, which I dug. And what they do with Batman and Wonder Woman was pretty damn good and the voice cast was solid. Overall, It's DC's best animated film in a while let alone a great Superman movie. It's totally worth checking out.
4/5

IgCrQ05.jpg

A ★★★★½ review of VFW (2019)
VFW

A great gory grindhouse film that is a throwback to the days of John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 and George Romero's Dawn of the Dead. It's got an incredible atmospheric look and feel to it and the score is pure Carpenter's style. As always, Stephen Lang brings a 100% to the role... this time as the lead who's protecting a VFW post. Also, I thought Fred Williamson, David Patrick Kelly, and William Sadler were terrific in this. Joe Begos does a great job putting this together and checks all the boxes that a junkfood cinema junkie would love. Overall, it's so damn goo, it's the perfect midnight movie.
4.5/5

Body Snatchers

tumblr-oc90xwp-Vm-G1rf1yd3o2-1280.png

Blown away by how good this was. Properly creepy and bleak horror film. Meg Tilly was phenomenal, especially her monologue before everything goes awry. Not to mention that it's beautifully lit.

10/10

Black Panther - I haven't seen this in full since I first saw it in a cinema simplybecause physical format for movies and music were phased out in my country in 2018. I enjoyed this. The scenery of Wakanda Forever looks different and refreshing compare to the rest of the mcu. I feel like I was really engaged watching this for some reason.

And I'm also reranking the mcu films, so far its
1. Black Panther
2. Captain Marvel
3. Captain America

giphy.gif

Anna and the Apocalypse

Shaun of the Dead meets High School Musical. I remember seeing the ads for this and getting excited, but then it kind of came and went. It finally showed up on Prime, and I have to say, I'm surprised by how little fanfare this gets. It works so well as a musical, a coming-of-age film and a zombie flick, in no small part because the sincerity of the first 30 minutes introducing the characters carries over all the way through the film, even as the story explodes into absurd undead shenanigans around them. The cast is great, and I'm shocked the young stars haven't popped up in more projects in the two years since this came out. I hope it can find a new life on streaming, because it deserves attention.

5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"