What Was the Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thought is....a rip off of THE RUNNING MAN....then I see this came out 3 years before Ahnold's movie....then I think....George Romero's film KNIGHTRIDERS....which came out 3 years before this....and then it ends with scenes from BLADE RUNNER....watch all the similar movies instead of this one.
MV5BZmQyOTkzNDUtYzI1NS00NDQyLWEyMjgtMTUzYTlkNDY5YzdkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU5OTg5NDc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,593,1000_AL_.jpg

evil_dead_2013_red_poster.jpg

It has its moments. Bizarrely, this felt rather overly traditionalist and typical for an Evil Dead movie, what with its innumerable jump scares and ghostly apparitions of a girl in a white dress. The original, on the other hand, was rather radical for the time.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

It came up on the telly and goddammit, while I still enjoy this flick, was it ever so eerie watching the post credits this time, with that animation illustrating how the virus is spreading across the globe (setting up for the sequels). Had totally forgot about that.. :(

This is the one with Bogart playing with his three little steel balls in one hand when he's near losing it, right? Haven't seen this since decades, but would love to rewatch it, Bogart was great IIRC.

That's the one! Bogart is usually great. He might be my favorite actor.

I liked how this movie emphasized that he wasn't evil, just suffering mental problems due to PTSD and wasn't able to get the help he needed. A lesser film would have just made him an out and out villain.

Last edited:

I liked how this movie emphasized that he wasn't evil, just suffering mental problems due to PTSD and wasn't able to get the help he needed. A lesser film would have just made him an out and out villain.
Great points, and now I need to rewatch this flick even more!

Bogie is one of the best. Have you ever seen WE'RE NO ANGELS ?

Star Trek Into Darkness

Watching one of the flicks in this reboot trilogy today, I'm constantly reminded by the tragedy of Anthony Yelchin (1989-2016). RIP. Such an unnessessary accident at such a young age. :(

Then, I know the critique about Cumberbatch here (on paper, a brilliant villian casting) being rehashed as Khan here. Yeah, that kinda sucks. But am I the only one that having problems with Spock during this whole reboot? Quinto cast as Spock got my interest at first, but what the hell did they do to him..? I'm not saying I want a Nimoy copy as Spock, but can we at least please have some of those fun characteristics that was Spock in TOS and the movies, instead of this whiny character? Oh, and Spock and Uhura as a couple, hell yeah, how "logical" that felt..

Well, maybe I'm just a whiny fanboy here, but I thought the casting and writing for these characters were really good except for that kinda important character for this classic sci-fi franchise. And with that said, I ve really enjoyed Quinto in other roles. Kinda hence my disappointment..

I watched this film called radio flash.

It is a really odd movie. The first ten minutes is some escape room type scene that is revealed to be a video game simulation. Next the film morphs into a apocalyptic road film and then third act turns into some hillbilly forest survival thriller.

There is also some random old hobo that appears to the main lead whenever someone dies for some reason that is never explained.

giphy.gif

BATMAN THE MOVIE
QUALITY = 10/10
JOY = 10/10

Taking a short intervention and a recess from Wolverine X-Men movies marathon, and taking the first step in a different marathon I've set up for this year.

I can never call this movie bad, this movie is ideally calculated to be silly and hilarious, while also having good plotting and pacing.

Better than the Dark Knight. Better than Mask of the Phantasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"