What was wrong with Ghost Rider (consistency-wise)

I'll start us off.

Problems: A lot of the material within was taken from the Dan Ketch series, so much of what you see is from said series.

1) Ghost Rider is dressed liked the Ketch rider. He doesn't dress in Blaze's stunt outfit.

2) Ghost Rider was given the Penance Stare, which of course, Blaze never had; only Ketch did.

3) Blackheart was never Johnny Blaze's enemy. He only appeared in the Ketch storyline.

4) Blaze sold his soul to save Crash Simpson, not Barton Blaze.

5) Johnny went to the Devil, not the other way round.

6) Carter Slade was an actual Phantom; not a flaming skeleton. He never had any ties to Mephisto either.

7) Johnny Blaze rider was never known as the Spirit of Vengeance. Only Dan Ketch was.

8) Blaze never needed to physically touch his bike in order to make it flame up. He just pointed his fingers, and it would materialize out of nothing.

9) Carter Slade and the Caretaker are two totally different characters. They aren't the same person as portrayed in the movie.

Anything else?

Meh, I don't think the audience cared. It was still a great movie!

The thing that bugged me the most was the fact that Blaze never made the decission to sell his soul. The devil showed up, implied that he could sell his soul, but when he pulled out the contract for blaze to LOOK AT, he gave him a paper cut which was all he needed.

I've always been given the impression (when this stuff comes up in movies)that satan can trick you & manipulate you into thinking something (with words) but he is powerless to force you to make the decission against your own will.

After that scene, the movie was over for me.

The thing that bugged me the most was the fact that Blaze never made the decission to sell his soul. The devil showed up, implied that he could sell his soul, but when he pulled out the contract for blaze to LOOK AT, he gave him a paper cut which was all he needed.

I've always been given the impression (when this stuff comes up in movies)that satan can trick you & manipulate you into thinking something (with words) but he is powerless to force you to make the decission against your own will.

After that scene, the movie was over for me.

Well in the comic, Johnny actually prayed and called out to Mephisto himself, and Mephisto actually warned him about selling his soul, but JB still insisted.

But point taken, I was only annoyed b/c it didn't follow the comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"