What we know of the plot!!

The thing about F4 is that the whole tone of the comics is very light, very 60s goofy, hammy... In many ways the movie captured that, but as most superhero stuff at the moment is quite dark and has a serious edge to it (Batman Begins, X-Men), the critics didn't like it, and for those of us who do like our reality-grounded heroes, it failed...

Spiderman has somehow managed to be more 'across the board' in being very comicbook but also having great drama and action...that's because even when it was light, it was never silly - no rock music soundtracks and striptease women, it's always solid and moves fluidly between action, drama, lighter touches, romance and tragedy...

My personal tastes for things that have a darker side and a depth puts me off some of the F4's world, and I think some of the villains are so dated and would be difficult to bring to the screen.

I love the idea of the Negative Zone, of Doom's rise to power in Latveria, Namor, Silver Surfer, Galactus, Inhumans.. stuff that's big and epic and powerful (and I love genetically mutated characters, so the Inhumans are brilliant and deserve their own movie!)...

But villains like Mole Man and Puppet Master could come off very corny...

I don't think Galactus is too epic for Fantastic Four 2, this sequel needs to seriously step it up...and they are likely to also go with developing Doom (but please take away the electrical powers) and Sue and Reed getting married, and the arrival of the mysterious Crystal who become involved with Johnny. Then Fantastic Four 3 could feature Franklin Richards, the mutant son out of control, with Crystal bringing the Inhumans to help defeat Franklin.

Doom needs to lose the electrical powers... he could have lost them in the battle with the FF at the end of X1 when badly injured... so he turns to Latverian natural medicines and herblore and eventually magic and mysticism to help ease his physical/mental pain...and he creates an armour with built in weaponry and defensive capabilities.

Perhaps he experiments further with the composition of the cosmic storm and sees how its energy and elements, along with magic and mysticism, can alter the properties of natural clay used by the more primitive Latverian folk to form 'voodoo dolls.'

So he enlists Alicia's father to make dolls using the altered Latverian clay...with the aim of destroying the F4.

The problem being if they do go into all that you want to see of Dr Doom, including all that back story in Latveria, they will be doing exactly what alot of people said what was wrong with the first movie...too much time spent on back story and explaining thier powers and not enough on action.

I am just sayin...

I hope this is better then the first. But how are they doing it so quickly? Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Xmen movies, all take 3 years. But 2 for Fantastic 4.

Malkavian said:
The problem being if they do go into all that you want to see of Dr Doom, including all that back story in Latveria, they will be doing exactly what alot of people said what was wrong with the first movie...too much time spent on back story and explaining thier powers and not enough on action.

I am just sayin...
Not really. :thing: Thing's watching TV, a special report interrupts his cartoons, and Doom's on TV:doom: , so he calls everyone else in to see.:eek: The news show then summarizes his recent rise to power.

Since it has been all but confirmed by Story that Doom will be back and that he is suppose to be "Full Dr. Doom," with McMahon playing Doom again, do you see a complete personality change? More sophisticated speeches, more class to the character, a cloak perhaps, and even referring to Reed as "Richards" not Mr. Fantastic, not Dr. Richards, but in contempt "Richards."

I know that the action will be increased but I would give anything to see Doom barking orders to his robot servants, a Latveria where their citizens fear their master and yet, feel "secured" that he is their leader.

By the way, should Latveria look like a throwback to the 19th century or a more modern loooking country?

I can not tell you how happy I am to here that silver surfer won't be in this...

im just hoping doc doomreturns to his orginal glory as ruler of latveria and has his class armor.. ( figers crossed)

yeah i agree it should be alot better then the first, and i enjoyed the first too, it wasn't the best made movie ever, and the dialouge was shakey as hell, but it was an enjoyable fantastic comic book movie, and i think the second should be even better

when is this movie supposed to come out July 4th 07 again?

Dr. Doom, Puppet Master, Silver Surfer, Galactus....

I pray that they all dont end up being in the same movie.

L0ngsh0t said:
yeah i agree it should be alot better then the first, and i enjoyed the first too, it wasn't the best made movie ever, and the dialouge was shakey as hell, but it was an enjoyable fantastic comic book movie, and i think the second should be even better

when is this movie supposed to come out July 4th 07 again?

yah its coming out that date, but things might change... a little!:doom:

Alba has confirmed that Silver Surfer is in the movie> I hope she actually read the script.

boywonder13 said:
Alba has confirmed that Silver Surfer is in the movie> I hope she actually read the script.

The script writer I believe was the first one that has confirmed Silver Surfer is in the movie...as well as this source:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=4316

Bruno Confirms McKellen in Magneto

Source: Antony
May 31, 2006

'Antony' tells us he got to chat with X-Men: The Last Stand visual effects supervisor John Bruno about both Magneto and Fantastic Four 2:

I didn't know if you were interested but I can confirm that Ian McKellen will be playing Magneto in the prequel. I was told this by John Bruno at a screening of X3. The company who worked on X3 to deage them is also going to be doing the Mags prequel. According to John, Ian is really excited.

I was lucky enough to spend nearly 2 hrs alone with him asking all sorts of stuff... by the way Silver Surfer is also in FF2.

Puppet Master is just lame for the movies. Turning the member of the FF against each other is not very interesting cinematically. Wouldn't you rather see villains with physically imposing powers fight the FF? The FF fighting themselves would just come off as cheap (ie not being able to afford more powered characters).

Stick Doom in there with Surfer and Galactus. Establish that Doom has evolved and has taken control of Latveria (or at least resides there in castle). Doom senses the power of Surfer, lures him in, and steals the Surfer's powers. Galactus shows up to eat Earth. Doom attacks him. The FF realizes that the battle between Doom and Galactus could destroy the planet even before Galactus does. The FF rescue the Surfer and team-up with him to stop Doom. Galactus is impressed with the FF "saving" him from Doom and agrees to spare Earth. The End. Oh, throw in the wedding and/or birth of Franklin (although that would be a great reveal at the end).

Great opportunity to repare the damage to Doom's character that the first movie did. Great way to combine 2 classic FF stories (Galactus' first appearance, Doom stealing Surfer's powers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"