What will hook the audience?

Snyder said he wouldn't go 300 on this one. His visual reference for Watchmen was Se7en which I can TOTALLY relate to. I always wanted Fincher for Watchmen, so this is just one more step in the right direction.

Fincher style suits this but he wouldn't be the right guy. The lighting needs to be simalr to something like Se7en.

They do... an' Al will sue.

Or put a snake hex on 'em. Whichever comes easier.

Snyder said he wouldn't go 300 on this one. His visual reference for Watchmen was Se7en which I can TOTALLY relate to. I always wanted Fincher for Watchmen, so this is just one more step in the right direction.

I thought his visual reference was Taxi Driver.

I think Zach Snyder will hook the audience with the whole look of the film, not really just one particular scene, just as was done with 300. I'm not saying the film will look like 300, it's just that Snyder and Rodriguez (300 and Sin City) have been the most successful comic book directors of translating comic book to cinema. People will see the trailer for WATCHMEN and they will say "I want to see that f***ing film!" And then after watching it, they will realize they have watched something so much more than just visuals....300 and Sin City are pieces of art, in which people can just watch for the visuals. Once you stop looking at the visuals, you will see that they are excellent films of their genre. I have faith that Snyder has an excellent understanding of translating book to film, maybe even more than Raimi, Singer, Burton, and even Ang Lee (whom I think was the worse comic book director - his idea of translating comic book to film is "let's make comic book panel scenes, just like in a comic book! So, now it's like watching a comic book!" Well, it just doesn't work like that). I'm hoping that Snyder's WATCHMEN will be his masterpiece. He got producers to consider him with his portfolio of Dawn of the Dead and 300 as just practice for the real deal - WATCHMEN.

We need one of those posters that changes when you move from side to side...lenticular? Is that what it's called? That makes Rorschach's mask change. That would be the ****.

We need one of those posters that changes when you move from side to side...lenticular? Is that what it's called? That makes Rorschach's mask change. That would be the ****.

good idea. never thought of that.

the wang
street scenes of an strange alternate New York
Comedian blasting people with a prominent smiley face on his chest
Rorsarch eating cold beans in a kitchen
naked blue guy towering over vietnam
palm trees in antarctica
Veidt brooding and looking serious next to a weird screwed-up cat

so many good moments and visuals to choose from

a couple clips of Rorschach fighting the cops after he finds Moloch's body. The place burning, shooting a cop with a grappling gun. Should make for some cool trailer shots.

it really does have very iconic imagery. i don't think it will be a hard film to market, personally. i think we are at a point where people are fascinated with comic book films. and if they market it as it is, a mature drama, then it will hook the right audience and people will be impressed. of course, that is assuming it is anything close to the book.

As others have said the trailers are all going to have "from the director of 300" plastered across them.

I think the look of the film will be different than most films released around the same time also.

I think the idea of a serious superhero story will get people to watch it. It will get people to think of superheroes differently.

They probably need to play up the "doomsday clock" stuff and just pack the trailer with enough interesting visuals that people go, "Wow, I GOTTA see that one". Maybe a trailer starting off with the Minutemen or Crimebusters gathering and presenting an innocent, hopeful image - and then showing how life becomes in 1985 would be intriguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"