The Gunga Diner- A Watchmen Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luchastyle

is awesome
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread now, because soon there will be shooting news. And while it won't get to the fevered pitch of the Dark Knight threads, i think there should be a place for general discussion, with open use of spoilers. So this is the batusi lounge of the watchmen threads. So take a seat at the Gunga Diner and discuss the new film based on the greatest comic achievement of all time.

It's clear that most Watchmen fans don't think the movie will be able to hold a candle to the book, but at least, do any of you feel that the movie will be a decent stand alone movie and perhaps get people to check out the brilliant book than inspired it? Like, could it be good enough that if the book never existed it would be a good movie?

My Batusi Lounge has spawned its own baby?

They grow up so fast *tear*

I guess this is the closest I'll ever get to a real Gunga Diner, so sure, why not.

And the movie won't be as good as the novel. Or, at least, it won't be as complex. But I'll still go see it, of course.

Oh, and you should change the title to simply "The Gunga Diner", in my opinion.

Short and sweet.

I guess this is the closest I'll ever get to a real Gunga Diner, so sure, why not.

And the movie won't be as good as the novel. Or, at least, it won't be as complex. But I'll still go see it, of course.

Oh, and you should change the title to simply "The Gunga Diner", in my opinion.

Short and sweet.

i was going to, but sadly i don't trust enough people to actually know enough about the novel to remember the name of the gunga diner. so i didn't. i could just create a new thread called The Gunga Diner and we can abandon this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"