Sequels What Would I Do For The Amazing Spider-Man 3?

You have some ideas I like and some not so much. I think you on somewhat a similar path, as far as Peter is concern; however, maybe not as personal I would make it. When Sony announce, at the time, they were pursuing an ASM4, I though the best approach would have been the "Death of Gwen Stacy" should come to fruition in TASM3. Not that the aftermath of what I had hope to see can't be pulled off in ASM3 now; but, had they not rushed forward to Gwen's demise, give a little more screen time and development of Pete/Gwen relationship, it would have been much better, imo, with what I envision the direction ASM3&4 could go.......hind sight is 20/20, I know.

Which lead me to MJ...in essence, you still describe, imo, who MJ is. She is a more streetwise character, not only because of her up-bringing and home/family life; but as well, her association with modelling/acting career since her teens. The fast life, hustle & bustle, pressures of the biz, favors she witness her friends in the biz do, and all the openings & events she had to attend, which is where she gets the persona of being a party girl from....it was part of her job, not that she like that, or just some air-head who likes to party. She is pretty intelligent in many ways of life, even though she's what may be considered, an average student. So your take is really not so different; but, I do understand fully, the contrast you are trying come across with not only Gwen & MJ; but as well as, Raimi's MJ and your own. :up:

This is the opportunity I think Marc missed and my meaning, why Peter would be "more personal" in my vision. Marc had an opportunity to stay the course, and briefly introduce MJ into the fold...nothing major, just some brief scene like Flash Thompson, just enough to provide that subtle contrast between Gwen/MJ persona. Then, explore more who MJ really is, in ASM3 as Gwen/Peter relationship evolves even more. A glimpse into why Pete will eventually catch eye of her, in the future, and impact his life moving forward, after being afraid for so long to allow anyone to get that close again. This is where the End of ASM3 and for the most part of ASM4, could really convey the impact this had on Peter's alter ego Spidey, toward villains, in a more dark & vigilant way. Not with the aid of some black costume, but simply in a more humanistic, natural way...allowing for MJ to be that calming influence, that have troubling experiences, broken relations with family & friends, that she is overcoming herself, bring some sort of humanity back to Peter...both to himself & his alter ego Spidey.

As for the others you mention, I don't want to comment on those, because, those characters & corporation, plays a vital role in stories, I've been writing myself, and would like for that to be revealed in those short chronicles, in my Sig. I will say, I have been the biggest proponent in the re-invention, of all aspect that makes up the character Venom(Brock/Symbiote/Venom). I think both Marvel Comics and Sony is continuing ruining this character, that has some much potential & possibility; but, is relegated to be hollow, foundationless, and no real motivation. Fans like the character because he looks cool and flirts between being a villain & a vigilante.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"