What would you have done differently?

Hyde

Ooga-Chaka
Reaction score
Have you ever sat and watched a movie and thought to yourself, "That film woulda been great, if they had just done this... Or this. Or this..." and so forth. I think we've all planned out our own version of the film's events in our heads, since we're all obsessive geeks at the end of the day. It's especially true for superhero movies, since you all know how much we love to get riled up about them, and it's easy for us to say "I think Superman shouldn't have killed Zod because..." as we've loved these characters for decades.

So, that's my question to you all: if you had the opportunity to remake a movie, any movie (or a TV show), what would you do? I'll start off with a few ideas on how to change The Phantom Menace, and a bit of Attack of the Clones, stolen from one of my old posts in the Prequels sub-section here...

-Merge the characters of Qui-Gon/Maul/Dooku. Make him the Vader of the PT.
-Replace Naboo with Alderaan.
-Make Padme NOT a princess. One idea I had was that she's a slave friend of Anakin's on Tattooine, and in Episode II it's revealed that she's the lost Queen of Alderaan.
-Tell the trilogy through Anakin's perspective.
-Make him older from the get-go and cast DiCaprio.
-No Jango Fett. Replace him with some other ORIGINAL bounty hunter character.
-Yoda SHOULDN'T have a lightsaber.
-Cast Morgan Freeman as Mace Windu rather than Samuel L. Jackson.
-No General Grievous.
-Shake up the Clone Wars. Have Episode I open with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan investigating a mysterious cloning factory on Tattooine. Qui-Gon is captured, Obi-Wan escapes and meets Anakin and Padme. When I first heard the Clone Wars spoken about in ANH, it seemed like a war fought by clone armies on both sides. So this mysterious cloning factory on Tattooine is producing an army to battle the Republic (secretly being controlled by Palpatine) and the Jedi hear that the Sith are behind it. When they attack, Palpatine is desperately lobbying to be elected Supreme Chancellor and when he is in Episode II, he can promise to "end the war and save the galaxy" by producing his own army of clones. Palpatine now has two vast armies.
-Qui-Gon is revealed as a Sith Lord at the end of Episode I. We already know the character is rebellious to the Council, so give him the viewpoint that the Jedi will soon destroy themselves and that he's trying to "save the galaxy" himself or whatever. Something like that. Then in Episode III, when Palpatine is trying to make Anakin come over to the Dark Side, he convinces him to kill Qui-Gon so he can become Darth Vader.
-The politics of the trilogy never made sense to me. Too convoluted. A much simpler way for Palpatine to achieve power? In Episode I we have a Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, who's well-liked and stuff. Palpatine is one of two or three other candidates tipped to replace him once he leaves office. In Episode II, now that he's orchestrated the beginning of the Clone Wars and the galaxy is well in the midst of it, order the original bounty hunter who is not Boba Fett's dad to kill the Chancellor. At the end, Palpatine is elected as his replacement.
-Why would Yoda let Obi-Wan train Anakin if he along with the REST of the Council sensed great darkness in him? At the end of Episode I make Obi-Wan and Anakin rogue Jedi's who are then called upon by the Council/Republic to help fight in the Clone Wars at the start of Episode II because they're great assets and stuff.

The Dark Knight Rises;

Bruce would've been active as Batman at the start of the film. The 8 year gap comes after Bane breaks his back.

The removal of Topher Grace's Venom and Gwen Stacy from Spider-Man 3.

In the prequels I would of made Anakin a hero not an entitled whiny selfish prick!

In Superman Returns It wouldn't of made Superman feel like an outcast and alienated. I would remove the scene where people beat him up for being different, and using Jor-el's lines in a cynical way about how humans are capable of monstrous deceits! You know not so cynical and depressing, the film is tonally depressing. The film makes me feel depressed. From a director who's using cinema to act out his pain. This film is probably how Bryan Singer has felt about life at one time, how he felt isolated and different. The film is a Debbie downer. The only person he has is Lois and he can't even have her. He travels millions of miles to find someone like him, because he there's no one like him on earth, ya know, tall, white and good looking and strait. The dude had it hard! How come he felt he was the only one, when he fits in the most privileged demographic! When he returned in the film, everyone cheered that shows everyone loved him! How the hell did anyone give Lois a Pulitzer for writing such crap that contradicts how everyone actually feels. The script is a hack job!

Last edited:
I would have kept the exact same story from Th Dark Knight Rises but I would have made it into two films.

What I would have done to the Transformers movies wouldn't have been all that significant regarding the first movie, but it would have greatly affected the trajectory of the sequels:

TF'07
- 'Bee's normal speaking voice gradually returns over the course of the movie; also, Mark Hamill does his "normal" voice (Hey, I say if Spock could be the voice of Sentinel Prime, Luke Skywalker should be the voice of Bumblebee).
- Mikaela and Maggie combined one character (doesn't necessarily have to be Carly).
- Swap out Megatron's design in this movie with his ROTF design instead.
- Give Ratchet less pukey colors.
- The Allspark would be established as the ONLY ancient Cybertronian artifact on Earth or thereabouts; Optimus would already have the Matrix on him.
- Get rid of the "BumblePee" scene entirely.

ROTF
- No Devasticles.
- Megatron stays dead. Replace him with The Fallen straight up.
- Morshower's character would be Col. Sharpe having survived the events of the first movie.
- Get rid of Alice. Ravage could've done a more effective job of stalking Sam; in fact, playing up the 'shadowy stalker' thing would lend itself better to establishing a darker tone for this film.
- The stuff with Sam losing his mind due to the Allspark? Save it for the third movie.
- Also establish that at least one of the Arcees (Chromia) has survived. And keep Jetfire around for the third one, too, and Ravage. On the flip side of that, though, kill Ratchet.
- On that note, save Optimus' death for the END of the movie; have him sacrifice himself to destroy The Fallen, Sam gets hit by a subsequent energy-wave from the Matrix (see above)..and bump up the shot of all the 'Cons rising up out of the Moon/Saturn/wherever from DOTM into this one. Cliffhanger ending, basically.
- Give Simmons Galloway's function in the story, or vice versa, thus getting rid of another otherwise-redundant character.
- Have the film's big Combiner character be Bruticus instead of Devastator, made from the remains of the dead Decepticons from the first movie under Starscream's supervision...conveniently "accidentally" destroying Megatron's remains in the process despite The Fallen's wishes for him to be revived as well.

DOTM
- Sentinel Prime would be Ultra Magnus (as he was originally named). I'd also keep his green color scheme from the early concept art. Also, since Optimus would be dead, he'd be 'Bee's old mentor in the Elite Guard.
- I'd have Optimus Obi-Wanned into this movie by being seen in visions by Sam as the result of his Matrix exposure (again, see above) so that we haven't entirely lost the big lug.
- Again, no MacGuffins. With no Pillars to activate a Space Bridge with, Magnus' plan is simply to take the Earth outright and cyberform it...which, of course, will annihilate humankind in the process.
- Shockwave as the Decepticon leader in this one, if for no other reason then to have him be actually useful.
- Ironhide gets killed by Soundwave when the 'Cons reveal themselves during the 'Bots' confrontation with Magnus; Soundwave in turn is killed by Chromia during the big final battle. Wheeljack survives (since Ratchet would have been killed off in the last movie) and essentially derails Magnus and Shockwave's cyberforming plan. Jetfire kills Starscream but is mortally wounded in the process...
- ...leading him to donate his parts now, instead of in the previous film, as flight armor for 'Bee with which he pursues the escaping Magnus.
- The climax of the movie is a one-on-one battle between Magnus and Powered-up 'Bee aboard the Ark - which is not only still operational and flight-capable but has been remote-controlled by Magnus to attack the city during the big battle - which leads to 'Bee jumping ship and Magnus plummeting to his doom with the Ark into the belly of a volcano.
- Dylan is revealed to be a Pretender (thus justifying his otherwise-idiotic plan to sell out humankind).
- Sam is working - or trying to - as an aide to Mearing rather than Brazos, again to chop out the dumb comedy and to reduce the number of otherwise-superfluous characters.

Last edited:
Taking The Phantom Menace. I'd probably just tone Jar Jar down a bit and give Palpatine/Darth Sidious a bit more lines to increase the sense that he's the man behind Darth Maul. That's really it. I think much of the hate towards the movie comes from people focusing too much on Jar Jar's antics.

Or The Phantom Menace being unfocused narratively.

:jediThe Star Wars Prequels: :jedi

I'd rewrite the entire goddam thing!

Episode 1 (insert title here) Open up with Anakins history a bit but not too much. Grew up on Tatooine, still a slave found by Jedi, joins the order. Clones are about and there's reports of uprisings as they're being used as slaves and organ banks by the rich, cut to a few years later, we show Anakin going through the Jedi trials and Obi-Wan is selected to be his Master as he helped free him and he volunteered. Suspicions of the Sith coming back are going around the rumour mill and there are masses of clones rebelling and breaking each other out of slavery. A new form of cloning has been found so you can 'flash clone' someone and have a clone within months instead of needing decades to grow them normally. There's rumors of black market cloning that tries to clone jedi/force sensitives, no one can find any proof. The story goes with Anakin and Obi-Wan bonding and becoming friends. You see them fighting together, bonding, saving each other and generally acting as best friends/brothers. They get sent to negotiate a treaty like in EP.1, it fails, war breaks out and it manages to get stopped but when they think it's all over they meet the leader of the clones and it's a clone of Obi-Wan who attacks and tries to kill him. He's alone at first Anakin being busy elsewhere. Anakin shows up and sees the two battling with force powers all over the place and kills the clone. They bring evidence to the council of the clone and then it's on to Ep2!

Ep2: Clones of various political figures are showing up everywhere and it's causing chaos as they kill people/cause dissent/ect. and it's nearly impossible to tell who is a clone or not. The vast majority of the galaxy don't believe that the clones are a threat and it's all just rumors and hype. Palpatine is still on the way to power after the leader of the Republic is killed in an 'accident'. Later on a clone shows up of him and tries to assassinate him but Obi-Wan and Anakin manage to stop him. After such a public attack he becomes favored in the Senate and is the new rising star, he convinces the senate that the clones are a problem and they are rising to take over. Later on various jedi are seen on planets that are in turmoil, civil wars and such, but they're also known to be elsewhere and have been verified. They send Anakin and Obi-Wan to investigate. They're gone for months on end while things get worse everywhere. They go to a planet where one of the council members was seen and they get ambushed by hundreds of soldiers. Obi-Wan gets captured and Anakin almost gets taken as well but he causes a distraction so Anakin can get away. Anakin has to go native for several months and falls in love with a native on the planet. Eventually he manages to get where Obi-Wan is and while trying to free him gets attacked by a masked clone. Turns out it's a clone of himself, they battle and Anakin manages to cut off his clones arm at the elbow, like Dooku did in Ep2. His clone escapes and Anakin goes to free Obi-Wan, he does so and they find out the facility he was being held in was a mass cloning plant. They make plans to destroy it but get confronted by the cloned council member. He is on another level than what we've seen before in the series and he just destroys them, where we've seen Vader in ESB throwing things at Luke and beating him down, here it's like a Force hurricane, the two of them get whipped around and the lightsaber fight makes them look like children fighting a master. They have to run and manage to cause an explosion to take down not only the facility but also the master. Even then it's close as he's still coming even after all of that. During the months they've been gone war has broken out and not only is a massive clone army showing up but there's also clones of hundreds of jedi as well. Palpatine gets elected to office during that time, gets emergency powers and has the Republic army lead the offense.

EP3: During this time war is everywhere and the galaxy is under martial law. It's the heaviest security imaginable due to even the most high tech security having trouble telling who is a clone. More and more restrictions come down and it goes from the Republic of freedom into the Empire of control all in the name of 'safety'. It hasn't had the name change yet but the general idea is there. Clones of jedi are everywhere just cutting swathes through regular troopers and the Republic has taken to cloning soldiers themselves just to keep up with what they're losing but these clones are brainwashed and have certain code phrases when keyed with certain other things to disable them should they uprise. Anakins clone comes back with a cyber arm in place of what was taken and is the face of the Clone army. He leads the attacks and is heavy into the dark side, using lightning and such. Anakins old lover contacts him as she's on a planet under siege and tells him she's pregnant. He vows to come rescue her and before he shows up to save her she gets taken but the clones. Hundreds of jedi are being killed during the war and the clone jedi are shown turning to the Dark Side as they're becoming warped from the speed of being cloned. Anakin is shown just becoming unstoppable as he grows in power but he starts tapping into the dark side since his lover was taken. Obi-Wan is no slouch in the power department but he can't match Anakin just for raw power. We see epic battles with hundreds of soldiers and dozens of jedi fighting, think the Geonosis ring in ep2 with the jedi and soldiers but the same for both sides duking it out. After being battle Brothers for the last two movies Obi-wan and Anakin get split up by the council as Anakin just takes off to find his old lover and Obi-wan is forced to go to the front lines without him as he can't just leave. Anakins clone is just as powerful as he is if not more due to the dark side. Anakin fights his way through hundreds of soldiers and dozens of jedi clones to get to him, he takes down another clone the master that gave him and Obiwan so much trouble last movie with little trouble emphasizing how powerful he is. Anakin is still not totally in the Dark side yet but his clone is and they battle, his lover is kept nearby so Anakin has to work at both fighting, staying alive and keeping her alive at the same time. His clone kills her and Anakin just goes full on Dark Side. they battle but during the battle Palpatine turns out to be there. Anakins clone manages to subdue him and Palpatine says a codeword that knocks him out. Palpatine explains what he's doing and why he's taking over and that he's a Sith. He wants Anakin to become his apprentice and join him. He shows Anakin the war on a big galaxy map and tells him he could end it and be the hero of the galaxy. The council wouldn't have objections to him raising a family and all that needs to happen is for the Jedi to all die. He explains that it's all the Jedis fault and that the war could be over if they were just stopped. Anakin still immersed in the Dark Side and beyond the point of despair at his family being killed agrees and Palpatine dubs him Darth Vader. The war turns quickly at that point with the clone jedi being killed off by insurrections and a mysterious 'clone plague' killing them off by the millions. The Republics side is unaffected for 'some reason' but the war is turning but the Jedi have taken heavy losses. The last few dozen clone jedi take the fight directly to the temple and just cause chaos there with dozens fighting each other including clones of various council members, Obi-wan and even a clone of Yoda! When the Jedi finish the fight, there's only a few hundred members left from the tens of thousands that roamed the galaxy years ago and that's when the news reports that the Jedi were traitors and planned to take over the Republic. Anakin/Vader leads the charge on the temple to mop up those left and we're left with a sequence of Jedi being hunted down. During the battle there Anakin is nearly killed by Yoda and had to be saved by troopers. He gets the armour and then we have the Vader we know. Obi-wan is still off planet and on the run, turns out that Obi-wan knew about Anakins lover and had her moved offworld to somewhere safe where she could have the children. She was brought to allies who Obi-wan trusted. She lived through child birth and raised them for a few months in secret but eventually the newly christened empire came to their door as they were suspected of harbouring fugitive jedi and they did have one who was so badly wounded they were comatose. She tried to defend him but she was killed by troopers while the allies each grabbed a baby and ran. Eventually one got to Alderaan where she was adopted by the ruling family and one found Obi-wan. He gave the baby to Owen and Beru to raise and he stayed on Tatooine to watch over him.

It's not perfect but I like it better than what we have. :D

On that always stands out to me is the two final fight scenes in Revenge of the Sith. I never liked how the Yoda/Palpatine and Kenobi/Vader battles were interwoven with one another. It makes no sense because the Yoda/Palapatine confrontation is nowhere near as climatic as Kenobi/Vader yet it's put on the same stage at the same time. I think it would have worked better and been more fitting if the Yoda/Palapatine fight was shown and then the Kenobi/Vader clash. Sure, one could site that it would be unfitting to have the two apprentices getting top billing on the card over the two masters but the fans didn't want Yoda/Palpatine anywhere as much as Kenobi/Vader. That's really my only complaint with that movie of the prequel trilogy.

Last edited:
Eh, I'd have gone with a more artsy impulse with the Prequels and made them more a little more symmetrical to the original trilogy:
- The Phantom Menace: Basically more of a bookend with EpVI - replace the Gungans/Naboo with the Wookiees/Kashyyyk (akin to the original plan for what became the Ewoks); replace Watto with Jabba straight-up; make Anakin the same age as Padme; and have Maul survive. Other than that, I'd also use Threepio in place of TC-14 as the Viceroy's protocol droid who gets confiscated and repurposed by the Republic; and I'd replace the Battle Droids with the Super Battle Droids of EpII, and make them formidable as opposed to comically-inept...Artoo and Threepio should be all the comic relief you need, George.
- Attack of the Clones: Temuera Morrison's character would be Boba Fett (none of that "Jango wanted a Lil' Boba" goofiness), the assassin picking off Senators; he would thus survive the climactic battle with the Jedi, although he'd probably get his face horribly mutilated in the chaos, thus putting him beneath his helmet from there on out. Correlating with that change, the cloning facilities would be on Mandalore, serving as a counterpart to Cloud City - Anakin would thus have his fateful hand-losing duel there. Besides that, no Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus since Darth Maul would still be alive; however, Tarkin would have a role as a Republic captain working behind-the-scenes with Sidious.
- Revenge of the Sith: Anakin's descent starts when he kills Maul early on in place of Dooku (no General Grievous), and from there basically everything would get bumped up so that Anakin turns to the Dark Side in the first half-hour of the picture; by the halfway point Palpatine will have taken over following the Jedi's failed attempt to arrest him (not long after General Tarkin has presented the Chancellor with his plans for a final solution to the Separatist problem...a final solution with enough firepower to destroy an entire planet...), Order 66 will have been issued and Obi-Wan, having already found out about Padme's pregnancy and also convinced her Anakin's turned, will be trying to get her to safety on Alderaan aboard Organa's ship. In trying to avoid capture they plot a roundabout course that takes them over Mustafar, Vader's Republic cruiser intercepts the ship (in a deliberate nod back to EpIV), a space battle ensues during which Obi-Wan pulls a one-man fighter attack on the cruiser sending it and him spiraling toward the molten surface below (mirroring the Executor's fate in EpVI), where the big lightsaber duel commences. Padme sustains critical injuries in the battle but safely delivers the twins, though the stress of this and her injuries preclude her living much past another year or two. The last half-hour of the film involves Tarkin, having helped wipe out the Jedi, being rewarded by Palpatine with the go-ahead to prepare for construction of the Death Star while Vader is at last seen in The Suit leading waves of Clone Troopers against potential traitors to the Empire, all the while hunting down and slaying any Jedi he finds.

Some interesting and great ideas here guys. I like the re-write of the Prequels from above :up:

I wish the Dumbledore/ heaven- kings cross scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II had been just a few minutes longer. They never explain HOW he's able to come back to life, which bothers me. I mean, I know because I read the book where they actually say why, but Dumbledore never explains the importance of the Deathly Hallows to Harry before he goes back (and maybe explore more of Dumbledores backstory too, though I understand why that was trimmed down as much as it was, the movie already being pretty dense with details).

The Dark Knight Rises;

Bruce would've been active as Batman at the start of the film. The 8 year gap comes after Bane breaks his back.

When people say stuff like this it's like: I'm sure that was the original idea because it's so elegant and makes so much more sense. They must have changed it for some outside-of-story reason.

Star Wars Prequels:

Without going into the entire story starting Anakin off as a young teenager, so it makes sense for him to be too old, so younglings don't have to be four to justify the line. Also, he'd kind of have a bad attitude, and so when the Council/Yoda says no, it's not a cute adorable little kid, y'know. I'd basically make the whole thing the Clone Wars. Darth Maul would recur, and with General Grievous and Dooku, each be the sort of sub-boss for a movie. I think the clone dopplegangers/assassins is a brilliant idea. Anakin's turn would be based on his justified anger at the injustice in the galaxy and the Jedi's inaction about it, not just Padme dying or some stuff. Also, Padme would have been even more active and hardcore and their romance more... dangerous and less kiddy. They'd kind of fall into each other instead of it being a puppy love thing.

Episode 1 would establish all the players, and start the Great Clone War, Episode 2 would be an all out war movie, Episode 3, set several years later, would be the Last Clone War. The most important thing is that Obi-Wan would be the central character, as we see him grow from a Padawan to a Jedi Knight and Jedi Master. We see him commit to the Jedi ways and not get with Padme which makes Anakin's failing her all the more spiteful to him. We see him strive to be a great teacher for Anakin and simply fail because of his own hubris, his own overestimation of his bond with Anakin, not unlike what we saw in the films, but a bit more pronounced.

Man of Steel:

I'd have limited the number and resources of the Kryptonians and had Kal-El meet them as friends, learn about his history primarily from them and then feel betrayed and have to fight them when they decide the Earth is theirs for the taking. His costume, at least for this first installation, would be created by Martha, and be pretty much just as it is in the comics, and the fact that it is "hokey" would be a plot point, and part of the charm of the character. He'd battle a gauntlet of aliens. I also wouldn't have him fly until the very end, Zod would be the one who taught him to fly, and the Kryptonian scientist. In fact, I think the whole thing I'd take a little more from Kal-El's perspective, so not so much Jor-El focus during the film. Zod would play the whole 'I knew your father come takes his place amongst us' thing. There's a lot of things I liked about this film, but some of the sci-fi babble seemed entirely unnecessary.

The Matrix:

The first one was pretty much perfect. The last two I would not abandon Neo's pledge to free all the humans, simply have him pay the high cost in lives. I would add new ideas as things went on, Agent Smith joining the good guys at one point, a machine-sympathetic human faction/crew, the previous one in the cycle appearing, those types of things. Neo would continue to be god-like, but limited by the system hunting for him and quickly tracking down his ship until he figured out how to survive without his body... y'know, him being the One. Cue Neo's majestic return, and the ultimate destruction of the machine empire with a grand finish of millions of people walking out into a newly greening post-apocalyptic world without computers.

Captain America: The First Avenger

Speaking of Hugo Weaving, I would have made Red Skull a much better/deeper/more menacing character, and a Nazi as much as a HYDRA member. He'd have known Kung Fu, he'd have caught the shield like he did in that 1990's cap movie, he'd have tried to recruit Cap and generally had a great plan. In fact, that whole thing would have been a War movie, much more like other WWII movies than a movie that would have come out during WWII. Red Skull would still have the cube and be using it to power a super weapon of Arnim Zola's design, but HYDRA would be dangerous because they are hard to find, not because of their army. I'd even have the tour take them to Wakanda for a bit. There'd be a couple good action scenes that really show us why Captain America was the greatest soldier in history, not just a montage of his and his buddies. Grendades, guns, shield bounces. Lower-key. The spectacle would go towards set pieces, showing how utterly deadly the weapon can be, a whole mountain coming down around them Hobbit-style, a nuke-styled effect wiping a town off the map, that kinda stuff. Cap would still have the same story, same throgh line except when it got time for Avengers, no one would question his ability to command anything, least of all our attention.

Green Lantern:

Everything. John Stewart with Katma Tui training him taking on Kanjar Ro, The Manhunters and Hallalax. John as a down and out guy who spends the entire movie off-world in a sweeping space adventure, except the first and last ten minutes which take place in Coast City on Earth. Set up for a sequel with Hal and John as buddies taking on the Sinestro Corps, and a threequel that does a toned down War of Light.

Fantastic Four:
Even back then, I would have gone full Ultimate, with a black guy as Thing to boot. Except Ultimate Doctor Doom... 616 Doom or bust, but everything else, young, modern sci-fi, it'd be like Star Trek meets The Incredibles, basically.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight Rises;

This is a great idea. I really wish this is how it had been done.

Good thread idea. I think stuff all the time while watching movies, even some of my favorites have something I'd tweak.

For Nolan's Batman series, I'd make a more gothic Gotham instead of the generic atmosphere-deprived big city, I probably wouldn't have had Rachel Dawes at all, I would have had Dent become Two-Face in TDK and be the villain in the next one, I would have lightened up on Bane's voice and shown his face, and I would have given Selena more development. All those just for starters. I enjoy all three, but they've got lots of things I'd have done differently. Also Foley was superfluous and just took screentime away from Gordon. Also no wisecracking SWAT guy in TDK. Scarecrow more full-fledged Scarecrow in TDK. Probably more comic accurate in spots, like Maroni scarring Dent.

12 Years a Slave: no distracting inappropriate Inception horns in the one scene where Cumberbatch's overseer catches Paul Dano trying to lynch Solomon.

Star Trek: Into Darkness: Less Wrath of Khan re-hashing, but more Cumberbatch. He gets side-lined for 2/3 of the movie while Admiral Marcus gets to be the surprise big bad.

Elysium: More character development for Delacourt instead of tossing her aside and making Kruger usurp the big bad role in the third act. More development of Elysium and the whole overall situation. Probably make the movie significantly longer. Less cliched talk about Max being "the one" and yada yada.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: I actually don't mind Mutt or Shia LaBeouf, but I would have focused on giving he and Indy's relationship a lot more development. Needed nastier villains and a less convoluted McGuffin, and fewer thinly-drawn supporting characters running around. Also no CGI prairie dogs, and no Tarzan Mutt swinging through the trees with monkeys. Probably leave Ray Winstone and John Hurt out altogether (fine actors but their characters weren't necessary and contributed nothing that we couldn't have gotten without them).

Man of Steel: Spend more time giving the emotional beats a chance to breathe instead of quickly shoving them aside to spend what feels like 2 hours on an endless over-the-top climactic battle. Zod's death actually didn't bother me under the circumstances, but it needed more build-up for us to feel what it did to Superman to resort to killing. Also the kiss felt shoehorned in obligatorily. I didn't buy it at that point in their relationship. Save it for next time.

Iron Man 3: Too much time spent on wandering around small town Tennessee with a precocious child, just for starters.

Schindler's List: the out-of-character climactic breakdown. never felt natural to me. Pretty much my only quibble with the entire movie.

I would cover stuff like Spider-Man 3, but honestly I don't even know where to start.

The Gotham of Batman Begins was fine I think, The Dark Knight is just plainly Chicago though.

Iron Man three- when the mark 42 shows up to final battle I'd have done away with the throw away gag of it breaking down AGAIN, just go straight to tony redirecting it to Killian, which was a great way of defeating him. I'm unsure of whether or not is change the pepper scene that follows, I get what they were going for, but I'd probably never have had pepper get kidnapped in the first place.

The Phantom Menace

-Replace Naboo with Alderaan.
-It is a time of growing dissatisfaction with the Republic. Several Outer Rim worlds have declared their independence. The secessionist movement is growing and the biggest world that is under threat of secession is Alderaan. If it falls many other worlds could and the Republic would be thrown into Civil War.
-Separatist forces on Alderaan are lead by Count Dooku who is making a play for the throne of Alderaan.
-Make Obi Wan older. While Qui Gon sits on the Council. Qui Gon was a mentor to Obi Wan. He is the rebel on the Council.
-Obi Wan and Anakin (who is also older) are heading to Alderaan to negotiate peace between Prince Regent Bail Organa and Count Dooku.
-Accompanying them are a female Jedi master (played by Angela Bassett) and her Padawan, Padme. Anakin and Padme are shown to have a friendly, joking relationship. Master Bassett is talking with Obi Wan. She is on edge, she senses something. Obi Wan isn't so sure.
-Dooku is in league with Darth Maul, and a growing Separatist movement. Darth Maul is on Alderaan. He attacks, though he is supposed to stay in the shadows and let Dooku's men assassinate Bail. Angela Bassett is killed. Obi Wan is lost on Alderaan and Padme, Anakin, and Bail escape. Or Obi Wan wants to stay behind to find out what's really going on.
-They are pursued by Darth Maul. Sidious wants Bail killed to secure Dooku's place on the throne. And also to weaken Republic support to get involved.
-Love triangle developing between Anakin, Padme, and Bail. Anakin is jealous of Padme's growing friendship with Bail.
-After a thrilling space chase, Anakin shows off his flying skills and they make it back to Coruscant.
-Bail pleads his case before the Senate, with the help of Senator Palpatine, also from Alderaan. The case is tangled in politics.
-Anakin and Padme report back to the Council. Anakin wants to go back and help Obi Wan. The Council dithers.
-Qui Gon wants to go back and help as well. He argues that the Jedi should intervene. The Council wants to take cues from the Senate. They are not even moved by Anakin telling them about the new dark warrior they encountered.
-While all this is going on Obi Wan is learning about the dark side influence/Separatist influence and working with the resistance to Dooku.
-Darth Maul returns to Alderaan and he begins putting down the rebellion to Dooku.
-Similar to TPM, Palpatine manipulates Bail into asking him to asking for a vote of no confidence in the Chancellor's leadership.
-Bail is done with the Senate. He wants to go back and fight for his planet's freedom. Qui Gon, Anakin, and Padme defy the Council and join him.
-It plays out similar to the TPM, though Anakin leads the space fighters against Dooku's star force. And he doesn't destroy things by accident.
-Qui Gon and Obi Wan take on Maul. While Padme helps Bail fight his way to the throne room to confront Dooku.
-Meanwhile Dooku and Bail's forces are fighting it out on the planet and in space.
-Qui Gon is seriously injured, leaving Obi Wan to fight Maul by himself. He barely defeats Maul, killing him. This leaves Sidious without an apprentice.
-With Padme's help Bail forces Dooku to surrender. Alderaan is saved. But the mystery of Darth Maul and his mysterious master lingers.
-Palpatine, the newly installed Chancellor, joins the celebrations of Bail being restored to power.
-I toyed with the idea of having the good guys lose this fight and it start the Clone Wars, but I decided to go with a happier ending.

Last edited:
Drive. Get rid of the chick and kid, focus on more bank robberies, make Cranston's character into Driver's father, so when he does get killed, it's what spurs Driver's killing spree.

Too many movies for me to go into. One that bugs me the most is TDKR, too many strange choices made in that movie.

The Matrix. If there were to be any sequels at all then they should have been made one at at a time. Reloaded should have told its own independent story instead of half of one.

Remove the all the exposition at the end of Psycho. The only blemish for me in an otherwise perfect film

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"