What would you have done differently?

Remove the all the exposition at the end of Psycho. The only blemish for me in an otherwise perfect film

Good one. I agree.

No point in doing this for films I don't like(I'm not gonna re-write a whole film) so here's one on a film that I really loved, but felt it missed it's potential: The Dark Knight Rises. First, I would split it into two films:

Film Number One(or three in the series). Knightfall: We open the night Harvey Dent died. Open with a big action set piece involving Batman escaping the cops, which includes him hurting his leg. This gives us some Batman screen time(something TDKR lacked) and some action. We move eight years later and the film plays mostly how it actually plays with a few minor changes: Gordon actually hears the henchmen call Bane by name(minor nitpick, but it's annoying). The plane scene would happen a little later in the story so we don't have two action set pieces one after another, again to better pace the film(TDK is so perfectly paced). John Blake would reveal to Bruce that he is the kid from Batman Begins in the narrows and he did some of his own detective work over the last eight years tracking the technology from his gift from Batman in Begins to Wayne Enterprise. Knowing Bruce's back story and being an orphan now himself too, he put two and two together and tells Bruce that he believes he is Batman. After Bane breaks Batman's back, we see the shot of Bane casually dropping Batman's broken mask and we cut to black. Credits.

Film Number 2(or four in the series). The Dark Knight Rises:Again, most of the events unfold how they do in the actual film. However, it's ludicrous to send the whole police force into the sewers so Bane's plan focuses on several different events corresponding on the same day: The sewer trap, a Gotham Police banquet, a major bomb threat at several hospitals(a direct reference to The Joker included) and finally the football stadium. The plan succeeds in crippling the Gotham police force and Bane takes over the city. We get to see more than a montage of Bane's revolution, allowing Selina's character more growth in the events as well as Blake and Gordon. Bruce in the cave stuff is basically the same. Bruce escapes the cave and has a reunion with Alfred, who helps him get back in Gotham(a scene paralleling the plane scene in Begins). Batman arrives in Gotham about halfway through the film. The film then takes a dramatic "No Man's Land' inspiration focus. Batman becomes the primary figure on screen, not Bruce. Gotham is not won back in one battle, it's won back in a war, where we see Batman working with Blake, teaching him and training him along the way. This helps the audience believe Blake can become the next Batman. We get to see Gordon holding a grudge against Batman for leaving the city, ala No Man's Land. As the war progresses, it is Batman who discovers that the bomb is in one of the trucks and he discovers where Bane is. Batman leads Gotham to the last fight against Bane's men and to find the bomb much like the actual film. However, after Batman defeats Bane, Batman tells him "I escaped from the Pit." Bane replies "Only one escaped..." to which Batman replies "I know" and turns around to Miranda/Talia. It is here where Batman shows off his detective skills and reveals that he discovered Miranda's true identity not long after his return to Gotham, but kept it a secret to get close to her, which eventually lead him to discovering that the bomb was in the truck. Batman seems to have won, but Bane attacks him from behind. Talia tells Batman that he never learned to mind his surroundings. Catwoman saves Batman and everything else ends as it actually ended except we see John Blake's discovery of the batcave before we see Alfred at the cafe. We see Alfred at the cafe and we see him smile and nod and we cut to black, not needing to see what he saw because we know who he saw: Bruce Wayne.

So it would look like this:

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Knightfall
The Dark Knight Rises

The more I hear about TDKR, the more I think they switched the structure around until it sucked. Blake doing his thing during the 8 year break would make his character make so much more sense. It would also remove this idea that Bane had the city in terrorist hostage situation (Seal Team Six + CIA + satellite surveillance = problem solved), and more a crime spree, maybe even a more natural No Man's Land/Arkham City type setup, where the city is overrun with criminals and hanging on by a thread.

Captain America the First Avenger

- Remove the future scenes
- Do not end the movie with him being Frozen
- Show some Nazis

Have a second WWII movie to establish him as a "Living Legend" without rushing through that to get him into place for Avengers.

Hyde said:
-Merge the characters of Qui-Gon/Maul/Dooku. Make him the Vader of the PT.
-Replace Naboo with Alderaan.
-Make Padme NOT a princess. One idea I had was that she's a slave friend of Anakin's on Tattooine, and in Episode II it's revealed that she's the lost Queen of Alderaan.
-Tell the trilogy through Anakin's perspective.

Love these changes, Hyde.

Captain America the First Avenger

- Remove the future scenes
- Do not end the movie with him being Frozen
- Show some Nazis

Have a second WWII movie to establish him as a "Living Legend" without rushing through that to get him into place for Avengers.

Love these changes, Hyde.

:up:

Because the General Audience loves Nazis getting killed.

Man of Steel

Scrap that whole crap of how Kryptons people were genetically 'made' rather than natural births, what was the point?

So Godzilla has just come out and the biggest complaint about the movie that I've seen is the awful characters. If I were scripting, I woulda kept all the MUTO/government/Cranston/Godzilla stuff, that was all really good. But I would have introduced a few different characters whose stories intertwine slightly over the course of the movie, rather than the stereotypical soldier and his family story which we got.

Some examples: a disgraced ex-General called back into action because of his knowledge on the MUTOs/Godzilla, a divorced mother or father thrown into action and forced to be a hero for his kids and others, the conspiracy theorist (Cranston's character), a soldier in the midst of the fighting, a government official in charge of Project Monarch, or whatever. If there were different stories then we can see how the arrival of Godzilla has affected all their lives differently, and it provides the opportunity for lots of emotion and memorable characters.

The Dark Knight Rises - Make Bane responsible for his 8 yr hiatus and eliminate Cat Women One punch KO [took me out of movie]

Transformers Trilogy - Eliminate the parents and make Soundwave more of a threat and menacing

Spiderman 3 - take Venom out of movie and let him be teased for Spiderman 4 and Harry to have a proper Glider that surf board **** was lame

X-men franchise - Give them proper uniforms and make the Brotherhood a True Rival Faction and can WE PLEASE INTRODUCE OMEGA RED

What I would have done to the Transformers movies wouldn't have been all that significant regarding the first movie, but it would have greatly affected the trajectory of the sequels:

TF'07
- 'Bee's normal speaking voice gradually returns over the course of the movie; also, Mark Hamill does his "normal" voice (Hey, I say if Spock could be the voice of Sentinel Prime, Luke Skywalker should be the voice of Bumblebee).
- Mikaela and Maggie combined one character (doesn't necessarily have to be Carly).
- Swap out Megatron's design in this movie with his ROTF design instead.
- Give Ratchet less pukey colors.
- The Allspark would be established as the ONLY ancient Cybertronian artifact on Earth or thereabouts; Optimus would already have the Matrix on him.
- Get rid of the "BumblePee" scene entirely.

ROTF
- No Devasticles.
- Megatron stays dead. Replace him with The Fallen straight up.
- Morshower's character would be Col. Sharpe having survived the events of the first movie.
- Get rid of Alice. Ravage could've done a more effective job of stalking Sam; in fact, playing up the 'shadowy stalker' thing would lend itself better to establishing a darker tone for this film.
- The stuff with Sam losing his mind due to the Allspark? Save it for the third movie.
- Also establish that at least one of the Arcees (Chromia) has survived. And keep Jetfire around for the third one, too, and Ravage. On the flip side of that, though, kill Ratchet.
- On that note, save Optimus' death for the END of the movie; have him sacrifice himself to destroy The Fallen, Sam gets hit by a subsequent energy-wave from the Matrix (see above)..and bump up the shot of all the 'Cons rising up out of the Moon/Saturn/wherever from DOTM into this one. Cliffhanger ending, basically.
- Give Simmons Galloway's function in the story, or vice versa, thus getting rid of another otherwise-redundant character.
- Have the film's big Combiner character be Bruticus instead of Devastator, made from the remains of the dead Decepticons from the first movie under Starscream's supervision...conveniently "accidentally" destroying Megatron's remains in the process despite The Fallen's wishes for him to be revived as well.

DOTM
- Sentinel Prime would be Ultra Magnus (as he was originally named). I'd also keep his green color scheme from the early concept art. Also, since Optimus would be dead, he'd be 'Bee's old mentor in the Elite Guard.
- I'd have Optimus Obi-Wanned into this movie by being seen in visions by Sam as the result of his Matrix exposure (again, see above) so that we haven't entirely lost the big lug.
- Again, no MacGuffins. With no Pillars to activate a Space Bridge with, Magnus' plan is simply to take the Earth outright and cyberform it...which, of course, will annihilate humankind in the process.
- Shockwave as the Decepticon leader in this one, if for no other reason then to have him be actually useful.
- Ironhide gets killed by Soundwave when the 'Cons reveal themselves during the 'Bots' confrontation with Magnus; Soundwave in turn is killed by Chromia during the big final battle. Wheeljack survives (since Ratchet would have been killed off in the last movie) and essentially derails Magnus and Shockwave's cyberforming plan. Jetfire kills Starscream but is mortally wounded in the process...
- ...leading him to donate his parts now, instead of in the previous film, as flight armor for 'Bee with which he pursues the escaping Magnus.
- The climax of the movie is a one-on-one battle between Magnus and Powered-up 'Bee aboard the Ark - which is not only still operational and flight-capable but has been remote-controlled by Magnus to attack the city during the big battle - which leads to 'Bee jumping ship and Magnus plummeting to his doom with the Ark into the belly of a volcano.
- Dylan is revealed to be a Pretender (thus justifying his otherwise-idiotic plan to sell out humankind).
- Sam is working - or trying to - as an aide to Mearing rather than Brazos, again to chop out the dumb comedy and to reduce the number of otherwise-superfluous characters.

Interesting suggestions. Personally, I would cast someone other than Shia LA Goof as Sam Witwiki. Maybe, I don't know, someone who can act.

Regarding Episodes I and II, I would've loved it if many things that Belated Media suggested made it to the screen. My goodness, some of the points made are glorious.

Godzilla: I would have cut out easily half an hour of the human characters story and replaced it with Godzilla action.I would add Godzilla rampaging through a city, show the airport fight in its entirety (end it with the flying MUTO escaping because it realizes it can't beat Godzilla), and extend the ending fight scene to fill up this time.

Fast and the Furious 6: Don't kill off Giselle. Don't kill off Owen Shaw.

Star Trek Into Darkness: No transwarp beaming.

Watchmen: Rorschach doesn't get killed by Dr Manhattan.

First of all I love TDKR. But here are some of my bullet points:

The movie should be split up into two parts!
Part 1
  • Have the movie set within two years of TDK
  • Batman is hunted by the police, and Det. James Blake is brought in the lead the manhunt (Blake is very reminiscient of BW in BB).
  • The people of Gotham, not just the criminals have come to fear Batman. The killing of Dent and the police officers has galvanized the citizens into action against Batman as well as Gordon who has been ostracized by the Mayor as well as a character named Foley, who is seen as Gordon's replacement.
  • I would keep the idea of BW being a recluse, and in a sense he has killed of the publice face of BW, and the only thing that remains is Batman.
  • Batman is essentially the villain of the first movie.
  • I would keep a lot of the scenes with Bane, but I would cast him a the "saviour" of Gotham, and make his first fight with Batman public, so that the citizens of Gotham see "The fall of The Dark Knight" (His face is never revealed)
  • The movie ends with Bruce in prison as "The fire rises" in Gotham and the revolution begins...

Spider-Man 3

Flint Marko is a mob boss engaged in a turf war with another mobster. The other mobster is getting revenue from a third-world warlord. Marko tells himself that he doesn't enjoy his status as a gangster. Rather, he's doing it for his daughter. His wife constantly calls him on his ********.

Eddie Brock is a reporter with a strong sense of social justice. He finds out about the warlord's preying on our third-world nation. Brock's investigation brings him to New York City.

Harry accepts that his father's reign of terror had to be stopped. He believes that Spider-Man is just as evil as the Green Goblin; resorting to murder, rather than taking Norman in for trial, makes Spider-Man a villain. OsCorp's rivals are circling like crows on the battlefield. After the incident with the fusion reactor, OsCorp's stocks took a big hit. Harry suits up as the New Goblin, infiltrates his rivals' facilities and leaks their technology to the street gangs. Bad PR helps Harry begin OsCorp's recovery and provides the funds for Spider-Man's downfall.

Peter is worn ragged from trying to put a halt to the gangland violence. Mary Jane is worried sick and wants him to give it up. She's deathly afraid of what could happen if a gang learned who Spider-Man is and decided to pay them a visit. While Spider-Man is out fighting the gangs, he runs into Eddie Brock. Peter admires Eddie's dedication to getting the truth out.

Harry begins to consider Flint Marko a lose end that needs to be tied off. So he goes to kill Marko in person. Marko flees, stumbles into the reactor and becomes the Sandman. Harry gets beaten within an inch of his life, barely escaping. Spider-Man's first encounter with Sandman goes badly.

Harry approaches Peter, seeking reconciliation and voicing his understanding that Norman had to be stopped. He offers Peter a means of defeating Sandman: the symbiote.

Symbiote Spider-Man adopts a feral fighting style, nearly killing a number of hoods. He even cuts a deal with some gangsters in order to get closer to Sandman. Eddie sees this and is disgusted. Then he's taken by some of Marko's thugs. We learn that Eddie was a victim of political corruption and a market system that encourages predation upon the weak. Hence his decision to become an investigative journalist.

Symbiote Spider-Man swings in and catches Sandman unawares. Marko's family is present. They beg Spider-Man to show Marko mercy. He rants about how Marko's a vicious animal and continues to beat him bloody. He webs up Marko's wife when she tries to pull Symbiote Spider-Man off of Marko. Eddie, thoroughly disgusted, cuts her loose. As he's hurrying her and her daughter out, a piece of the symbiote latches onto Eddie. Symbiote Spider-Man's fight with Sandman starts a fire. The symbiote hates fire and starts shrieking, latching off of Spider-Man. The building explodes.

Peter is rushed to the hospital. Marko's burned body is taken from the rubble. Eddie becomes Venom and sets out to murder Harry Osborn, believing him to be responsible for everything: birthing Sandman, providing Marko and his splintered gang with weapons, and creating the symbiote. This sets up Spider-Man / New Goblin vs Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"