Transformers What you think about Transformers?

Cinemaman

Avenger
Reaction score
Ok, we have already get enough spoilers and even script's review.

So what you think about it? What this movie is going to be for you? Will it suck or rule?

Way to early to tell,i like the sounds of the script and bringing the military into the movie but i need to see some footage before i can formulate an opnion,right now I'm cautiously optimistic

With Spielburg helping out on this movie - I think it will turn out nicely.

I just hope that the designs of the acctual Transformers and the way they move,fight, fly and such surpass anything that we have already been exposed to from television to bigscreen.

NO silly cartoon remake please - Give us the REAL Deal......what the cartoon version of Transformers wouldnt let us see.

Let Megatron redefine the word Evil and one very smart Bad A*S!

Optimus well .....we fans know the history of his ultimate fate =/.

Optimus did however plant in our little young minds long ago - of what the future could possibly be if we were able to let go of our boundries and unleash our imaginations :)

Give us something we have never thought or seen before - something beyond the cutting edge of action & our human imaginations.

halfapple said:
With Spielburg helping out on this movie - I think it will turn out nicely.
Optimus did however plant in our little young minds long ago - of what the future could possibly be if we were able to let go of our boundries and unleash our imaginations :)
Give us something we have never thought or seen before - something beyond the cutting edge of action & our human imaginations.

Well said. However, this is a Michael Bay movie. I doubt we're going to get anything thought-provoking.

Spielberg is the bright spot... and hopefully he'll keep this movie from being sucked up into Bay's black hole of pop blandness.

im optimistic just like i am with superman returns.

im a huge fan of G1 i have all the seasons on dvd and i own the movie. but something just bothers me about this. i mean for all of us fans this could be a dream come true movie or a complete spfx bomb or just a bomb (see battefiled earth)

i mean we as fans have certain things burned into our minds, we all want to see this on the screen but we all have different views on what we want to see and how they should "transform". plus the cartoon was really good for its time.

chaning the transformers to new vehicles is kind of a bummer to me, but then again i have to think about changing times in the world. so this might be good, then again it might suck seeing bumblebee as a camaro =/ i also know this change is probaly due to car companys want nothing to do with it. so F U companys lol

Darth_Shaggy22 said:
im optimistic just like i am with superman returns.

im a huge fan of G1 i have all the seasons on dvd and i own the movie. but something just bothers me about this. i mean for all of us fans this could be a dream come true movie or a complete spfx bomb or just a bomb (see battefiled earth)

i mean we as fans have certain things burned into our minds, we all want to see this on the screen but we all have different views on what we want to see and how they should "transform". plus the cartoon was really good for its time.

chaning the transformers to new vehicles is kind of a bummer to me, but then again i have to think about changing times in the world. so this might be good, then again it might suck seeing bumblebee as a camaro =/ i also know this change is probaly due to car companys want nothing to do with it. so F U companys lol

No, Bumblebee being a camaro is a total brainless decision having nothing to do with the "car companies." Even if VW got cold feet, they could easily have made him any other sort of sporty hatchback or compact (there's lots of them nowadays... like mini-coopers and others) and remained true to BUMBLEBEE's character. Instead... we get HOT-ROD Muscle-Car Bumblebee.

That's stupid.

Everybody is for making a modern, believable, and serious take on Transformers. I think ALL the fans agree. But, with a little imagination and creativity (which Bay does not appear to have) you can do so without obliterating some of the ICONS that made Transformers famous and people remember to this day.

P.S. Superman Returns has a big thing going for it that Transformers does not: Brian Singer.

The reason they probably made Bumblebee a Camaro is that it seems like a cooler car for a teen to have than a hatchback,i really have no problem with it and i grew up with G1 but i'm not holding onto it as something that must be followed strictly

The only thing that sucks around here is this poll.

It's way too early to tell whether this movie will be good or bad.

hunter rider said:
The reason they probably made Bumblebee a Camaro is that it seems like a cooler car for a teen to have than a hatchback,i really have no problem with it and i grew up with G1 but i'm not holding onto it as something that must be followed strictly

Cool cars existed back in the 80's too. In fact, they dominated the pop landscape (Christine, Knight Rider, The Wraith, etc). There's a reason Bumblebee wasn't a muscle-car. It was part of his *character* NOT to be one.

With all the info out so far, they shouldn't even call this Transformers. Silver Prime with no faceplate, Megatron Jet, 4 foot Soundwave killed by a girl, mute camaro bumblebee, Devastator as a tank, its just all wrong. Not even Cullen and Welker could redeem this crap.

CFlash said:
No, Bumblebee being a camaro is a total brainless decision having nothing to do with the "car companies." Even if VW got cold feet, they could easily have made him any other sort of sporty hatchback or compact (there's lots of them nowadays... like mini-coopers and others) and remained true to BUMBLEBEE's character. Instead... we get HOT-ROD Muscle-Car Bumblebee.

That's stupid.

Everybody is for making a modern, believable, and serious take on Transformers. I think ALL the fans agree. But, with a little imagination and creativity (which Bay does not appear to have) you can do so without obliterating some of the ICONS that made Transformers famous and people remember to this day.

P.S. Superman Returns has a big thing going for it that Transformers does not: Brian Singer.

You’re a baby! Have an open mind. im very happy with everything so far. I actually didn't like bumblebee as a bug I always thought of him as a *****.so giveing him a up grade hopefully will make him more of a bad ass character. To your ps I thing singer was a bad choice to direct superman.

chrisguyver said:
You’re a baby! Have an open mind. im very happy with everything so far. I actually didn't like bumblebee as a bug I always thought of him as a *****.so giveing him a up grade hopefully will make him more of a bad ass character. To your ps I thing singer was a bad choice to direct superman.

You may not have liked him, but that's who he was. You should have petitioned to have Cliffjumper be the "star" autobot of the movie. I mean, I personally dislike Superman's goodie goodie-ness... I think it's corny. But, that's who he is and how he was written.

And, if you indeed "thought of Bumblebee as a *****"... well, my friend, you don't know very much now do you?

Let's make them all "badass" characters to appease the mindless dolts out there.
:rolleyes:

CFlash said:
Let's make them all "badass" characters to appease the mindless dolts out there. :rolleyes:

LOL. Good Answer.

Yeah...
Bumblebee is not a badass character in any major sense. Not who he is. He's supposed to be the younger, weaker character. Oh well.

CFlash said:
You may not have liked him, but that's who he was. You should have petitioned to have Cliffjumper be the "star" autobot of the movie. I mean, I personally dislike Superman's goodie goodie-ness... I think it's corny. But, that's who he is and how he was written.

And, if you indeed "thought of Bumblebee as a *****"... well, my friend, you don't know very much now do you?

Let's make them all "badass" characters to appease the mindless dolts out there.
:rolleyes:

Im sorry let me rephrase what I meant. He looked like a ***** not acted like one his character appetence to me would look better as a camero don't get me wrong I do like bumblebee as a character and I never said that I didn’t want him to be the star.

chrisguyver said:
Im sorry let me rephrase what I meant. He looked like a ***** not acted like one his character appetence to me would look better as a camero don't get me wrong I do like bumblebee as a character and I never said that I didn’t want him to be the star.

He may look better as a Camaro, but then he wouldn't be Bumblebee anymore, he would be Windcharger.

I think that the movie is being made for the sole purpose of creating and selling new toys. Nothing more.

I usually don't voice my opinion...........but i must truly say I'm very dissapointed in "light of" the news that a lot of the Transformers are being redone into other vehicles. One example would be Bumblebee not being a VW Bettle; instead he's a lame camaro. I really had high hopes for this movie but alas its just to be a big dissapointment............:(

SO many things sound very wrong with this movie...

1.) Bumblebee is ALL wrong. Let's go through all of his problems:
* He's a Camaro, not a compact, which changes who he was compared to all the "cool" cars.
* He's mute from an old war wound. WTF!?!?
* His "radio speech" seems like a gimmick thought up by a hack writer who thinks he's being clever.
* He's "adopted" by the main character as his "living car" ala "Herbie" (who WAS a VW Beetle, by the way).
* He could have been Hot Rod, Windcharger, or a few others. Why ruin Bumblebee?

2.) The Decepticons now have a lot of land vehicles in their group, including the police car (who should have been Prowl, an Autobot).

3. Desecration of Soundwave into a 4-foot CD-shooting wimp is just wrong.

4. No faceplate on Optimus? No colors? And WHO is doing his voice? And how little screen time does he have?

5. Focus on the humans, casting comedians in major roles, and limiting Transformer screen time to the end of the movie?

6. Can't call the Matrix by it's proper name because all the Keanu/Neo fans might be confused, so let's call it THE Energon Cube, and completely forget the whole point of the battles on Earth were to collect Energon Cubes (plural) and return to Cybertron to continue the war/protect the Matrix.

7. Celebrity voices for the Transformers, instead of casting the people who voiced them for many years and mastered it (not to mention being synonymous with the characters they played). So how long is it before we hear of a Transformer with Meryl Streep's voice? How about a wacky Autobot that sounds like an out-of-control Robin Williams or Eddie Murphy? You know it's coming...

This is clearly shaping up to be the most "non-Transformers" version of the Transformers ever. They had a chance to take the great ideas from the animated show, add a little maturity and some cool special effects, and turn out a hell of a science fiction action movie... Instead it's going to be a wacky "Oh! My car can talk!!!" movie that plays out more like "The Rock" or "Armageddon" than anything else. Lots of one-liners and big booms.

Michael Bay never fails to make a mediocre EXPLOSION movie. But what do you expect from a guy who started out making rock videos for Great White?

Once the writers, producers, studio and director have their way, this will SUCK, and I'm very sad about that.

I've stayed away from this part of the Hype for a while. It's quite disheartening to come in here and read the posts. I've been a G1 Transformers fan from the begining. As of right now, it seems like I'll have to rewatch the cartoons after seeing this movie to get the bad taste out of my mouth. The basic formula for The Transformers is already there and could translate very well into a feature film. Why can't they see that? *sigh*
Still, I'll try to reserve judgement untill I actually see the movie.

Payle Gray said:
Still, I'll try to reserve judgement untill I actually see the movie.

More people should follow your lead instead of whining like angry little B**ches:eek:

...and remember...

BUMBLEBEE IS NOT A BEETLE BECAUSE VW REFUSED TO TAKE PART IN THE FILM...

skorponok said:
More people should follow your lead instead of whining like angry little B**ches:eek:

...and remember...

BUMBLEBEE IS NOT A BEETLE BECAUSE VW REFUSED TO TAKE PART IN THE FILM...

Think your posts through before shouting. Just because VW refused doesn't mean he couldn't be one of the gazillion sporty hatchbacks on the market today (like um, Mini-cooper). He just shouldn't be a 6-cyl gas guzzling muscle car speed racer... it's 100% against his PLACE and character in the Transformers lore.

There are 239873984723984723479 versions of transformers lore at last count so that doesn't bug me at all.

...and I think the chances of finding a mini cooper or a Yaris, Matrix, etc in poor enough condition for a teenager to pay for out of his pocket is pretty slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"