Superman Returns What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Man Of Fail made me appreciate Returns even more.

This is not a case of me needing to re-watch because I missed something. There are just certain aspects of the movie I do not like. Re-watching it isn't going to change those parts, or make me see them in a new light. I'm suggesting you rewatch MOS because you missed something that was clearly meant to be seen.

That's great, because it means that there's no point in me watching Man of Steel again. If in your opinion one viewing is enough - and I saw it twice and this very year, not 7 years ago - then I can state the gratuitousness of the last minute kiss without anybody asking me to see the movie again.

CBMs regularly find easy ways out of problems. That hasn't changed. Look at Avengers. What was the trick to closing the hole in the sky? It was an easy fix solved by using the scepter. There's nothing complicated about it. Donner knew this, whereas Singer did not. So again, why use the Donner template? That was the wrong foundation for that type of story to begin with.

Well, regularly CBM are movies that don't go beyond the eye candy factor. Nothing wrong in trying to improve that. And MOS certainly didn't go for the easy way out either.

If he was going to put in that sort of emotional arc then he should have solved it. He had no intention of doing that. At the end everything is depressing. Superman doesn't get the girl...nor his kid. Yeah, it was a real life situation, but who in the HELL gives Superman a real life situation like that? It was just asinine really.

It was solved. Superman in SR did find solace in the fact that he has a child and his connection to Lois is now through Jason. The very end of SR is far from depressing. Singer even symbolized that with Superman flying away from the dark clouds to a bright colorful dawn and moving from a sentimental tune to the uplifting Williams's Superman march.

For a person who doesn't believe in re-watching a movie before elaborating an opinion about it, you are certainly unable to remember the movie correctly.

A reboot is the definition of washing something away. I don't even know what you think it is if you can't see that. Also, I was here after SR was released. It was a mad house, and the fan base was truly divided. There were fights and long, long debates about the movie. People were divided into 'lovers' and 'haters'. MOS didn't cause anything like that. Not everyone loves it, or loves everything single thing about, and yes there are some who hate it for their own reasons, but there is not the same sort of division like there was after SR was released. That is for sure!

Would you say that Raimi's Spider-man 2 has been washed away because of The Amazing Spider-man? I'd certainly say that both versions are still being analyzed.

And yes, in these forums or among the critics (56% against 44%), MOS's audiences are divided between lovers and haters. It's just a thing of checking MOS's forums.

I won't get into the "MOS did some of the same things SR did" debate. That's not the debate here. There is a thread for which movie is better and why. However, those things you mentioned are not even comparable...not by a long shot because things like that happen frequently in the comics.

I'm sorry but for a debate you won't get into (SR vs MOS), you have been discussing it long enough here.

Again, I don't care you like the movie. I just didn't. Nothing is going to change that.

I hardly think anyone comes here with the only purpose of changing other people's mind aboiut something.

But if you can't remember SR and you criticize it on the base of inaccurate memories, that's when I try to intervene.

Problematic - since the SII tryst occurred in ~1978 and Jason is 5 or 6 in 2006. If a viewer had not seen SII (and it’s not a prerequisite) then they’d simply assume that Supes and Lois got together (at least once) just prior to his departure. And that’s all one needs to know.

This is a fairly puritanical perspective. If sex out of wedlock grates your cheese then there’s probably a great deal about modern society and pop culture that you dislike.

That Supes left without saying good-bye to Lois is a significant plot element that’s revisited and (finally) redressed during the course of the film. But there is no “abandons” Jason “by extension.” Supes entire arc is about finding/reconnecting to family. And he ultimately finds this by learning of his son’s existence. He would not - and does not - abandon the very thing he was looking for. The discovery of an unknown child (for obvious reasons, this usually happens to men ) is a reasonably common narrative device. TV Tropes calls it Who’s Your Daddy? This can play out in a number of ways. But if the “new father” is a good/sympathetic character, he’ll typically want to develop a relationship with (or otherwise support) his newfound child. And this was conveyed at the conclusion of SR.

It is, really, that simple. :up:

One thing I love about SUPERMAN RETURNS is that Superman doesn't actually try to steal Lois. When he realizes he's more or less missed out on his chance at happiness, instead of sulking about it, he more or less immediately throws himself into his "mission" again.

The scene is there (rooftop scene after Lois and Superman fly together). Lois decides to stay with Richard and then Superman steps back and respects Lois's decision.

That's great, because it means that there's no point in me watching Man of Steel again. If in your opinion one viewing is enough - and I saw it twice and this very year, not 7 years ago - then I can state the gratuitousness of the last minute kiss without anybody asking me to see the movie again.
If you disliked MOS as much as I did SR, then you are right. One viewing is enough. I wouldn't suggest you torture yourself again.

Well, regularly CBM are movies that don't go beyond the eye candy factor. Nothing wrong in trying to improve that. And MOS certainly didn't go for the easy way out either.
That is true. They did some different things, but SR was a completely different bag.

It was solved. Superman in SR did find solace in the fact that he has a child and his connection to Lois is now through Jason. The very end of SR is far from depressing. Singer even symbolized that with Superman flying away from the dark clouds to a bright colorful dawn and moving from a sentimental tune to the uplifting Williams's Superman march.
I'm glad you saw it that way. I did not.

For a person who doesn't believe in re-watching a movie before elaborating an opinion about it, you are certainly unable to remember the movie correctly.
I don't remember the movie that well. I agree with that. What I do remember are the reasons I didn't like it. I don't need to re-watch it to remember those reasons.

Would you say that Raimi's Spider-man 2 has been washed away because of The Amazing Spider-man? I'd certainly say that both versions are still being analyzed.
*shrugs* You have a point. SR is still a movie in existence and it has fans. Nothing will wash that away. So I'll agree with that.

And yes, in these forums or among the critics (56% against 44%), MOS's audiences are divided between lovers and haters. It's just a thing of checking MOS's forums. I'm sorry but for a debate you won't get into (SR vs MOS), you have been discussing it long enough here. I hardly think anyone comes here with the only purpose of changing other people's mind aboiut something. But if you can't remember SR and you criticize it on the base of inaccurate memories, that's when I try to intervene.
You are exaggerating. I don't think the GA is divided into lovers and haters. There are people who don't like the movie and there are people who hate it, but the intensity is different then it was during SR times. Since you weren't here, I don't expect you to comment on that. :cwink: UNLESS you were here then...hmmmm....and have now returned...lol. And again, I don't need to re-watch SR to remember why I don't like it. I may not remember the movie in detail, but I do remember why I don't like it. lol...I keep talking about it remember...lol

If you disliked MOS as much as I did SR, then you are right. One viewing is enough. I wouldn't suggest you torture yourself again.

No, no. Neither your nor my recommendation of seeing a movie again came from how much we liked/disliked it. It's a matter of criticizing properly, on the base of accuracy.

If you think, as you have said, that once is enough, then I don't need to see MOS again before giving an opinion about it.

That is true. They did some different things, but SR was a completely different bag.

How so, so it was bad for Singer to put Superman beyond the old good guy vs bad guy scenario?

I'm glad you saw it that way. I did not.

It's not that *I* saw it that way.

What I described is not my subjective opinion. It is what happened at the end of the movie. And is why saying the ending was depressing is just inaccurate.

I don't remember the movie that well. I agree with that. What I do remember are the reasons I didn't like it. I don't need to re-watch it to remember those reasons.

No, you need to re-watch it in order to discuss it properly.

*shrugs* You have a point. SR is still a movie in existence and it has fans. Nothing will wash that away. So I'll agree with that.

:up:

You are exaggerating. I don't think the GA is divided into lovers and haters. There are people who don't like the movie and there are people who hate it, but the intensity is different then it was during SR times.

Maybe so, but still is not universally acclaimed. Reviews were now polarized in a way they never were with SR. And giving Superman a sequel where he has to share the stage with both Batman and Wonder Woman (if I heard that well?) is not a sign of victory. But bthe money was good enough and they cannot keep rebooting.

Since you weren't here, I don't expect you to comment on that. :cwink: UNLESS you were here then...hmmmm....and have now returned...lol.

I visited this forum, as many others, but never posted here when the movie came out because it was a mess. I posted back then in a forum that no longer exists (BlueTights), but I do remember posters here being banned out of so much bashing anyone who had liked the movie.

And again, I don't need to re-watch SR to remember why I don't like it. I may not remember the movie in details, but I do remember why I don't like it. lol...I keep talking about it remember...lol

Again, it's when you say things that didn't happen in the movie, and for that reason alone, when I feel compelled to correct you.

No, no. Neither your nor my recommendation of seeing a movie again came from how much we liked/disliked it. It's a matter of criticizing properly, on the base of accuracy. If you think, as you have said, that once is enough, then I don't need to see MOS again before giving an opinion about it.
How about this? Neither one of us needs to see either movie again. Your opinion is yours and that can be based off one viewing or one hundred viewings. The same with mine.
How so, so it was bad for Singer to put Superman beyond the old good guy vs bad guy scenario?
I thought the elements added dragged the story down in a very depressing way. It was not what I would have expected from a Superman movie, and it certainly wasn't what I was expecting after waiting 20 years for that movie.
It's not that *I* saw it that way. What I described is not my subjective opinion. It is what happened at the end of the movie. And is why saying the ending was depressing is just inaccurate.
It is subjective. Others didn't see it that way and they saw the same movie you did. Everything both you and I are saying is subjective.
No, you need to re-watch it in order to discuss it properly.
No I don't. I've been discussing it just fine for years. :cwink:
Maybe so, but still is not universally acclaimed. Reviews were now polarized in a way they never were with SR. And giving Superman a sequel where he has to share the stage with both Batman and Wonder Woman (if I heard that well?) is not a sign of victory. But bthe money was good enough and they cannot keep rebooting.
I would say what does it matter. SR had more critical acclaim, but NO sequel. It's all relative I suppose.
I visited this forum, as many others, but never posted here when the movie came out because it was a mess. I posted back then in a forum that no longer exists (BlueTights), but I do remember posters here being banned out of so much bashing anyone who had liked the movie.
:cwink: Sure...I'll buy that.
Again, it's when you say things that didn't happen in the movie, and for that reason alone, when I feel compelled to correct you.
What have I said that didn't happen in the movie? What inaccuracy have you felt the need to correct? Please point this out to me, or drop this sanctimonious act. You like the movie and I don't. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
How about this? Neither one of us needs to see either movie again. Your opinion is yours and that can be based off one viewing or one hundred viewings. The same with mine.

Yes, that's fair if you believe what you told me you believed.

I thought the elements added dragged the story down in a very depressing way. It was not what I would have expected from a Superman movie, and it certainly wasn't what I was expecting after waiting 20 years for that movie.

But then again, having Pa Kent taking his own life for no reason, feeling lonely, spending your childhood as a pariah, bullied, wondering why God made you so different, being told by your father NOT to save people, being forced to kill your enemy. Those also made the story really depressing. How that's inherently bad? I don't know.

It is subjective. Others didn't see it that way and they saw the same movie you did. Everything both you and I are saying is subjective.

No. SR did have Superman flying away from the dark clouds to a bright colorful dawn and musically moved from a sentimental tune to the uplifting Williams's Superman march.

That's in the movie. It's not an opinion.

No I don't. I've been discussing it just fine for years. :cwink:

Sure. I was talking about discussing it accurately.

I would say what does it matter. SR had more critical acclaim, but NO sequel. It's all relative I suppose.

Now we have a sequel, but making clear Superman must be with Batman AND Wonder Woman to make the movie interesting.

:cwink: Sure...I'll buy that.

You can or not. You won't find my name around SR forums when the movie was released.

What have I said that didn't happen in the movie? What inaccuracy have you felt the need to correct? Please point this out to me, or drop this sanctimonious act. You like the movie and I don't. It's as simple as that.

"At the end everything is depressing." It is not. Superman's speech to his son was full of hope and the tone of the movie after this changed, emphasized by the colors and the music.

Again, this is not about people having to like SR, but if people say things like "stalker" and "deadbeat dad" (I'm not referring to you but general misconceptions often attached to SR) then some of us will intervene.

Last edited:
Yes, that's fair if you believe what you told me you believed.
I assure you do I believe what I believe.
But then again, having Pa Kent taking his own life for no reason, feeling lonely, spending your childhood as a pariah, bullied, wondering why God made you so different, being told by your father NOT to save people, being forced to kill your enemy. Those also made the story really depressing. How that's inherently bad? I don't know.
*shakes head* Again...you're comparing stuff that happened in MOS? I don't get the point of you repeatedly doing this. That is not the conversation here.
No. SR did have Superman flying away from the dark clouds to a bright colorful dawn and musically moved from a sentimental tune to the uplifting Williams's Superman march
Yes, that was in the film. Still, that didn't make the other 2.5 hours of it uplifting. I am glad that you found it uplifting though.
Sure. I was talking about discussing it accurately.
Again, I don't need to see it again to know I didn't like it. I guess you feel I should, but that is not necessary. Again, I ask what inaccurate things have I said? I don't like the film, but you keep telling me my reasons for disliking it are inaccurate...lol. I think you just don't like the fact I disliked it. It must hurt your feelings or something.
Now we have a sequel, but making clear Superman must be with Batman AND Wonder Woman to make the movie interesting.
That's your contention, but we have no idea what sort of movie this will be. If it is...then it's still more then SR got. They didn't even trust that franchise with Batman, so what does that tell you?
You can or not. You won't find my name around SR forums when the movie was released.
Oh I'm sure...at least not this name. :cwink:
"At the end everything is depressing." It is not. Superman's speech to his son was full of hope and the tone of the movie after this changed, emphasized by the colors and the music.
IT IS DEPRESSING FOR ME BECAUSE THE REST OF THE MOVIE SUCKED! I don't know how effing clear I can make that. You want to tell me that I should find it uplifting and I don't agree. I don't see why that is so hard for you to understand.

Last edited:
I assure you do I believe what I believe.

Yet you asked me to see the movie again even when you don't think it's necessary to see a move even twice to give a full fleshed opinion.

*shakes head* Again...you're comparing stuff that happened in MOS? I don't get the point of you repeatedly doing this. That is not the conversation here.

It was when we were comparing the Superman-Lois relationship in both SR and MOS a couple of pages ago and neither of us had a problem with it.

Yes, that was in the film. Still, that didn't make the other 2.5 hours of it uplifting. I am glad that you found it uplifting though.

It's not a matter of liking it but being accurate to what happens in the movie.

Again, I don't need to see it again to know I didn't like it. I guess you feel I should, but that is not necessary. Again, I ask what inaccurate things have I said? I don't like the film, but you keep telling me my reasons for disliking it are inaccurate...lol. I think you just don't like the fact I disliked it. It must hurt your feelings or something.

I feel people discussing a movie should do it accurately. If that takes re-watching the movie, then I'll feel it's necessary.

I don't question your reasons, but some of your recollections of the film (like what happens at the end of the movie). Or some of the general statements (depressing is bad for Superman in one movie but not the other).

That's your contention, but we have no idea what sort of movie this will be. If it is...then it's still more then SR got. They didn't even trust that franchise with Batman, so what does that tell you?

The fact that they didn't add other superheroes to Batman Begins sequel tells me they trusted Batman was enough for a Batman franchise.

And sure, a sequel is more than no sequel. But a sequel where you're not the star but just one of the three main roles also tells me things about how successful the first movie was.

Oh I'm sure...at least not this name. :cwink:

Feel free to quote... I guess?

IT IS DEPRESSING FOR ME BECAUSE THE REST OF THE MOVIE SUCKED! I don't know how effing clear I can make that. You want to tell me that I should find it uplifting and I don't agree. I don't see why that is so hard for you to understand.

Well, I wasn't questioning your liking of the movie, just what happened "at the end of the movie." I don't see why that is so hard for you to understand.

Yet you asked me to see the movie again even when you don't think it's necessary to see a move even twice to give a full fleshed opinion.
How 'bout this? I take it back. Don't watch MOS again. Simple as that.
It was when we were comparing the Superman-Lois relationship in both SR and MOS a couple of pages ago and neither of us had a problem with it.
I like that relationship better. I don't like the one in SR. If you want to find out why then there is a thread for that. Yet, I don't wish to discuss that here in a thread about SR.
It's not a matter of liking it but being accurate to what happens in the movie.
Again, what have I been inaccurate about? Please answer that and stop saying it.
I feel people discussing a movie should do it accurately. If that takes re-watching the movie, then I'll feel it's necessary.
No, I think you think people discussing the movie should agree with you and that's not going to happen. You can keep retreading that line, but I have not said anything inaccurate about the movie. You just keep saying I have.
I don't question your reasons, but some of your recollections of the film (like what happens at the
end of the movie). Or some of the general statements (depressing is bad for Superman in one movie but not the other).
These are the way I interpreted these scenes. I do not need to rewatch them. You can question my interpretation all you want because you think I didn't get it, or somehow missed the bigger picture, but I do not need to rewatch it again.
The fact that they didn't add other superheroes to Batman Begins sequel tells me they trusted Batman was enough for a Batman franchise.And sure, a sequel is more than no sequel. But a sequel where you're not the star but just one of the three main roles also tells me things about how successful the first movie was.
I can't even believe we are discussing this...lol. I'm just going to answer this simply by saying... So what?
Feel free to quote... I guess?
If I find you I will :cwink:
Well, I wasn't questioning your liking of the movie, just what happened "at the end of the movie." I don't see why that is so hard for you to understand.
Oh please...that is all you have been questioning. I have not said anything inaccurate except to your way of thinking that I think SR sucks! I'll say it again for accuracy. SUPERMAN RETURNS SUCKS!!!! Every part of it sucks...including the beginning, the middle, and the end. Even the credits suck!

Last edited:
Yep. Superman Returns was garbage. (Notice I'm mature enough to call the film by it's actual name than some pathetic ephitet.) A half-assed, slap-dashed retread that didn't know whether it wanted to be a simple homage or a sequel. It was a lifeless, plasticky inferior mock-up of its far superior predecessor with a bland, dull awkward Superman.

[YT]xKz_Ke9N8k8[/YT]

Captain Logan and Oliver watch and discuss Superman Returns while watching the film. If you'd like to listen to this podcast while watching the film, rig up your copy to timestamp 0 (past menus), at the beginning of the Warner's logo, and play this video along with the film.

Man Of Fail made me appreciate Returns even more.

Ditto! It makes me that much more sad that we never got a sequel to that film.

A nice moment I experienced recently was at Kroger during the Christmas season. I bought a little Superman ornament and the young girl behind the register asked me if I had seen the new film. I replied yes and asked her if she had seen it and if so what did she think. She responded yes. Her complaint was a common one in regards to the ending battle and the destruction. Her next comment is the one that brought a huge smile to my face. "I liked the last movie Superman Returns better." As a fan of that film it was nice to see someone acknowledge it.

That said MOS had it's moments, but for me it failed on several levels. I had hopes for the sequel, but given that the movie is being stuffed with several other DC heroes, my optimism has faded.

Last edited:
Ditto! It makes me that much more sad that we never got a sequel to that film.

A nice moment I experienced recently was at Kroger during the Christmas season. I bought a little Superman ornament and the young girl behind the register asked me if I had seen the new film. I replied yes and asked her if she had seen it and if so what did she think. She responded yes. Her complaint was a common one in regards to the ending battle and the destruction. Her next comment is the one that brought a huge smile to my face. "I liked the last movie Superman Returns better." As a fan of that film it was nice to see someone acknowledge it.

That said MOS had it's moments, but for me it failed on several levels. I had hopes for the sequel, but given that the movie is being stuffed with several other DC heroes, my optimism has faded.

I personally loved MOS and find myself liking it more and more with repeat viewings but I still love SR as well. It was the movie that got me reading Superman comics and I will always love it for that. For me its just still a good movie as well though, I still watch it around once a year and its still one of the best CBM's for me, though it seems to fall down a place or two every year.

Something wierd happened on my way to the movie...I forgot all the spoilers and went in with a totally open mind. I was really jazzed with the movie, but the ending was wistful and not explaining the conception of Jason or alluding to more than it was...well...I feel that was a mistake. I'm sure the DVD may expound on this, but...well I still thought the movie was very good.

Glad you actually liked the movie. Much like myself, needed the premises to be clearer. :up:

Glad you actually liked the movie. Much like myself, needed the premises to be clearer. :up:
Hahahaha....that is me. I won't deny it.

The weird thing about SR is I went through a weird evolution with that movie. I did like it, but I didn't like it. I didn't want to trash it, but then I realized I had to trash it. As time went on all the excitement I felt eventually turned to hate.

LOL...I am very happy you found that. Makes me want to go back through my SR posting days. le sigh...The times were different then. Things were more simpler. :cwink: I'm sure you know what I mean...

edit:

Ya know though, considering the rumor about who you are...it's a wonder you found that so easily...

The weird thing about SR is I went through a weird evolution with that movie. I did like it, but I didn't like it. I didn't want to trash it, but then I realized I had to trash it. As time went on all the excitement I felt eventually turned to hate.

LOL...I am very happy you found that. Makes me want to go back through my SR posting days. le sigh...The times were different then. Things were more simpler. :cwink: I'm sure you know what I mean...

edit:

Ya know though, considering the rumor about who you are...it's a wonder you found that so easily...
NsPp5yR.jpg

"I know who you are."

:hehe:

Anyways,I feel the same as you,Charl.I enjoyed it originally,but it really doesn't hold up for me too well.I like to think Singer made a noble,if misguided attempt to return Superman to his glory.I give him an A for effort,C for execution.

NsPp5yR.jpg

"I know who you are."

Anyways,I feel the same as you,Charl.I enjoyed it originally,but it really doesn't hold up for me too well.I like to think Singer made a noble,if misguided attempt to return Superman to his glory.I give him an A for effort,C for execution.
Seriously...I'm really starting to give Senator the side eye... I thought before he was an old poster returned, and I said it in this thread, but now???? Yeah, something is up with him!

Back on topic...I did have a lot of emotions about this movie. I really didn't want to trash it, but I didn't feel good about it. I tried to feel good about it and it was the way I was forcing myself to like it which actually made me hate it.

Senator Pleasury....I got my eye on you. Don't slip up... :cwink:

I personally loved MOS and find myself liking it more and more with repeat viewings but I still love SR as well. It was the movie that got me reading Superman comics and I will always love it for that. For me its just still a good movie as well though, I still watch it around once a year and its still one of the best CBM's for me, though it seems to fall down a place or two every year.

SR is not a perfect movie and has it's own share of missteps, but it is still probably my favorite comic book/superhero movie. I watch it several times a year and still love it.

I think it's good that there is now a Superman movie for everyone to enjoy. You have STM, SR, and now MOS. Each has an appeal to a particular fan and that is great!

My only complaint is fans that continue to waste their energy on something they dislike or hate, whether it is MOS, SR, or anything really. I guess that is their prerogative, though it makes little sense to me.

Pfft...maybe you should ask the OP to rename the thread since that's what's being discussed...lol

You lovers don't change.

SR is not a perfect movie and has it's own share of missteps, but it is still probably my favorite comic book/superhero movie. I watch it several times a year and still love it.

I think it's good that there is now a Superman movie for everyone to enjoy. You have STM, SR, and now MOS. Each has an appeal to a particular fan and that is great!

My only complaint is fans that continue to waste their energy on something they dislike or hate, whether it is MOS, SR, or anything really. I guess that is their prerogative, though it makes little sense to me.
i watched SR many times in the cinema. but i haven't watched it since then. i tried to watch it last month, but i couldn't finish it. I found that they are many scenes unnecessary, making the movie dragging. it's just a fairly simple story movie which can be told in less than 90mins.
btw, i simply hate almost all the Lex Luthor scenes, unnecessary, boring and terrible to the character.

Yes, much like when I kinda said something that turned out bad, but I didn't say it, I swear.

I could even give you the chance of having disliked it more and more with every re-watch, but you didn't re-watch it, so all I can think is that you liked it until you found out it wasn't the thing to do.

Like the use of comparatives?

edit:

Yes.

On the other hand, a poster named Superark posted that very link where I took your quote from only three posts above you.

So much for your detective skills.

NsPp5yR.jpg

"I know who you are."

Could you tell? Or will you be dancing around it for three pages again?

How many times have you seen it?

Seriously...I'm really starting to give Senator the side eye... I thought before he was an old poster returned, and I said it in this thread, but now???? Yeah, something is up with him!

Could you tell what?

Back on topic...I did have a lot of emotions about this movie. I really didn't want to trash it, but I didn't feel good about it. I tried to feel good about it and it was the way I was forcing myself to like it which actually made me hate it.

I'll be digging more into your actual feelings by reading those old threads.

Senator Pleasury....I got my eye on you. Don't slip up... :cwink:

Well, you're the one that's hiding something about how you really felt about SR.

I could even give you the chance of having disliked it more and more with every re-watch, but you didn't re-watch it, so all I can think is that you liked it until you found out it wasn't the thing to do.
There are more posts. What happened was I wanted to like the movie... I really did, but I didn't really like it, but at the same time I didn't want to trash it. It was the first Superman film in 20 years, so I was incredibly conflicted. I was this way for about a week...I think then I started expressing my true feelings. Yet even then I still didn't want to trash it..lol.

So much for your detective skills.
Seriously, I don't even really know how to do that. Plus there are way too many threads and posts to find mine or someone else's. I'll leave that to you.

I'll be digging more into your actual feelings by reading those old threads. Well, you're the one that's hiding something about how you really felt about SR.
Again...feel free. Find as many quotes as you can. I have nothing to hide. Make sure you go back in this thread too...lol

edit:

Also for the record... You may be El Payaso. I really don't know. There is something strange about you, but I'll say this. If you are him/her... you're bold, and it's not my place to out you. That's what the mods are for.

Last edited:
i watched SR many times in the cinema. but i haven't watched it since then. i tried to watch it last month, but i couldn't finish it. I found that they are many scenes unnecessary, making the movie dragging. it's just a fairly simple story movie which can be told in less than 90mins.
btw, i simply hate almost all the Lex Luthor scenes, unnecessary, boring and terrible to the character.

No one can say you did not try lol.

Btw, your comic strip are great. Good stuff! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"