Age of Extinction What's so special about soundwave?

katiserge01

Civilian
Reaction score
he and blaster are just about the same. he's also an "uncharismatic bore" (constructicons), unlike blaster who has a hip personality, almost like jazz in the first movie. why is it that a lot of people want to see him in the sequel? how come there's no clamor for blaster?

sound wave is cool but i feel like ravage from the movie is as close as we will get. i mean if we have soundwave he will probobly be really small

yeah your right. im glad to hear it was frenzy because i think ravage would be cool. id like soundwave if he turned into something like a survalence van and than ravage, rumble, ratbat, lazer beak, and maybe a new frenzy came out of his chest

sound wave is cool but i feel like ravage from the movie is as close as we will get. i mean if we have soundwave he will probobly be really small
I read that Frezny was going to be Soundwave at first, I bet that would have pissed off some fans.

i still don't see anything about soundwave to qualify him as "cool". any more justifications? :whatever:

I cant speek for the world but for me and all the kids when and where I grew up [Brooklyn NYC] Soundwave was loved because he appared to be a BOOM BOX and he was a BAD ASS. I know the toy was designed adter a walkman but on the Toon he was pretty large and could play music and carried tapes with him.In the minds of us iner city kids he resembled the guy walking down the box with a boom box in his hand.An other reason is cause the bad guys are always cooler then the good guys.The Decepticons even had a gang in Brooknyl NY name them-selfs after the Cartoon badguys.And the voice was just so kool.

Soundwave is needed just due to the fact that hes Megatrons right hand man. Not only that, but the voice is awesome and who doesn't love a guy who throws tapes out his stomach to kill things.

I'm not a huge Soundwave fan, although I can see why a lot of people like him. In fact, Starscream is the only Decepticon that I really like.

Soundwave is special cos he transforms into a rather personal object, the Boombox and also he's Megatron's number one henchman.

Since Michael Bay seems to dislike Frank Welker do ya'll actually think Soundwave will even have the same or similar voice? Starscream had a distinct voice as well, no homage to that. Soundwave will likely be voiced by Samuel L Jackson lol Also Starscream is number two not Soundwave, we didn't see Soundwave's coronation in the original movie did we?

i dont get it. everyone loved soundwave but he was only in the g1 series. and i dont think soundwave was anything like a boombox. i always saw him as a tape player. if you want a cool boom box look at blaster

Since Michael Bay seems to dislike Frank Welker do ya'll actually think Soundwave will even have the same or similar voice? Starscream had a distinct voice as well, no homage to that. Soundwave will likely be voiced by Samuel L Jackson lol Also Starscream is number two not Soundwave, we didn't see Soundwave's coronation in the original movie did we?

I don't think Bay hates Frank Welker. I recall in a recent interview where he was asked why he didn't get cast Welker was because he felt his Megatron voice didn't fit the movie portrayal, and he felt it would be disrespectul to Welker to ask him to change his voice.

But Frank Welker should still voice Soundwave in the sequel. He was such a big part of the cartoon that it would seem wrong for him not to have role in the films.

If for any reason he was unavailable, then my number one alternative would Michael Ironside.

Personally, aside from his voice and the fact that he fired other Transformer cassettes from his chest, I always liked him because he was one of the few original Transformers who was completely loyal to Megatron.

First Kati, kill yourself so you dont have progeny.
Secondly I liked how hugo weaving underminded Bay by sounding EXACTLY like welker when he voiced, thats the way to fight the man elrond!
I can tell Kati that you are one of those teenagers that claim to like like transformers cause its trendy, FRENZY RAVAGE LAZERBEAK EJECT AND DESTROY THAT *****E!

Secondly I liked how hugo weaving underminded Bay by sounding EXACTLY like welker when he voiced, thats the way to fight the man elrond!
I can tell Kati that you are one of those teenagers that claim to like like transformers cause its trendy, FRENZY RAVAGE LAZERBEAK EJECT AND DESTROY THAT *****E!

next time, if you want to kill your enemies, know your enemies first. :cwink:

AND, are TF fans here as mindless as you for you to say such things? most of the other TF fans here generally seem to be quite respectable--unlike you! :wow: is there anything wrong with asking questions, probing people on their opinions? do you have to reduce yourself to closemindedness and pigeonholing to call yourself a genuine TF fan?

I think a big part of Soundwave's appeal came from his voice and the minions aspect. Those were things that made him unique. Personally, I hope he is introduced in TF2. He should've been in the first movie, but that didn't work out.

His loyalty and stoic personality is his appeal to me.

Plus his kickass voice.

If soundwave isn't in the second one I probably won't see it.

Ok I cant keep that a Promise.

And telling someone on a message board to "kill yourself" is patheticly immature, rude, and uncalled for. Do it again and you will be gone from these boards.

And telling someone on a message board to "kill yourself" is patheticly immature, rude, and uncalled for. Do it again and you will be gone from these boards.

now that's a genuine TF fan!!! thanks for the lift, C. Lee! :trans:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"