• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's that word again....?

AndThePickles

Kiss the girl
Reaction score
I am sure that many of you, like myself, throughout the day have had moments where you try to remember a synonym or term for something. This is the thread where you can actually ask your fellow Hypesters about it!

Here's a term I need help with: My coworker was asking me if there is a word that describes this situation: You've never heard of a place before, and then one day someone mentions the place to you. For the next week or so, it seems that you now hear of that place randomly for different people constantly. Is there a term that describes that? Not repetition, but something about that coincidental hearing it constantly.

I don't know, but the name for having a word on the tip of your toungue is called Presque vu.
Just thought I should share this.

I can't think of a term for that off hand.

this thread will be good ( er I mean, Fantastic) for my papers :up:

I don't think theres a term for that, but it happens to me all the time.

Sounds to me like something similar to Deja Vu.

What's the word for people who see patterns where there are none? And I don't mean "crazy" or "paranoid." There's a word that specifically describes seeing patterns.

Apophenia(c)?

I recall this from a JLU episode involving The Question. :awesome:

what's the word for people who see patterns where there are none? And i don't mean "crazy" or "paranoid." there's a word that specifically describes seeing patterns.
OCD?
Edit: Sorry, It's Apophenia

Isnt it called ******ation...i experience that multiple times a day....plus it gets me closer parking spots.

Here's a term I need help with: My coworker was asking me if there is a word that describes this situation: You've never heard of a place before, and then one day someone mentions the place to you. For the next week or so, it seems that you now hear of that place randomly for different people constantly. Is there a term that describes that? Not repetition, but something about that coincidental hearing it constantly.

The word you're looking for is probably Synchronicity (or some relative of it).

What's the word for people who see patterns where there are none? And I don't mean "crazy" or "paranoid." There's a word that specifically describes seeing patterns.

Glitchinmatrix

Whats the term of when you wake up everyday and start being angry at everyone for no reason. I only know what it is in Mandarin - Qi Chuang Qi

Whats the term of when you wake up everyday and start being angry at everyone for no reason. I only know what it is in Mandarin - Qi Chuang Qi

Slept on the wrong side of the bed.

If it's my wife, I tell her she slept on the wrong side of the web.

PMS and apparently men can have it too.

I think some people here on the Hype may be guilty of Schadenfreude

Deriving pleasure from the misfortune of others

What's the word that means 'the state of being a woman'? I swear I saw it on my "word of the day" thing, but when I checked again, it was gone. I think it started with an M.

What's the word that means 'the state of being a woman'? I swear I saw it on my "word of the day" thing, but when I checked again, it was gone. I think it started with an M.

As far as I know, it's simply "womanhood"

This isn't exactly it, but could you be thinking of "menarche"? It's the central event of female puberty aka the first period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"