• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's that word again....?

Whats the term of when you wake up everyday and start being angry at everyone for no reason. I only know what it is in Mandarin - Qi Chuang Qi
JustaBill...

What's the word for when the sun peeks through a break in a sky full of clouds and has that wonderful heavenly appearance?

What's the word for when you want to say something like, "I want to be like [name], but with more class", only putting it more delicately? I don't want to outright say that the person with less class has, well, less class.

Do you have an inclining that such a word truly exists?

What's the word for when the sun peeks through a break in a sky full of clouds and has that wonderful heavenly appearance?

I've seen them called God rays. Light shafts might be more your style.

Last edited:
What's the word for when you want to say something like, "I want to be like [name], but with more class", only putting it more delicately? I don't want to outright say that the person with less class has, well, less class.

actually thinking about it you could say something like "but less wild" since being wild can be seen as being free and thus positive. or something along those lines. this is less discovering the word but being a spin doctor, and i don't like that so i hope the suggestion is completely inappropriate for your purposes.

I am sure that many of you, like myself, throughout the day have had moments where you try to remember a synonym or term for something. This is the thread where you can actually ask your fellow Hypesters about it!

Here's a term I need help with: My coworker was asking me if there is a word that describes this situation: You've never heard of a place before, and then one day someone mentions the place to you. For the next week or so, it seems that you now hear of that place randomly for different people constantly. Is there a term that describes that? Not repetition, but something about that coincidental hearing it constantly.

synchronicity?

Thanks, I guess "less wild" kind of fits. Hmm.

I'd say "more polished". It also gives less negativity.

Don't know how well that would fit in with a yank dialect though, or whether that's the exact context you're planning to use it in.

Ah, perfect! Thank you so much. That's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for; something that didn't necessarily sound harsh to the others, yet still proved my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"