What's The Deal with The Fifth Element? [/Seinfeld]

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY! I finally got around to watching this a few months ago, and my friends and I are like "What the hell, why is this movie SO hyped up?". EVERYTHING about this movie is bad. Is it supposed to be a cheesy B movie? Because it sure as hell feels like one! "Gary Oldman gave his best performance ever!!!". REALLY? I think not!

Am I the only one that thinks this? :dry:

fifth element is a classic im going to act like this thread was never made

yeah it is a phenomenal film ,whats wrong with you

i will ignore this thread as well

SERIOUSLY! I finally got around to watching this a few months ago, and my friends and I are like "What the hell, why is this movie SO hyped up?". EVERYTHING about this movie is bad. Is it supposed to be a cheesy B movie? Because it sure as hell feels like one! "Gary Oldman gave his best performance ever!!!". REALLY? I think not!

Yep....you're the only one.

I absolutely love this movie. It's freaking hilarious.

I've tried watching it twice and lost interest both times. It's a movie that i want to like but I just don't for some reason.

I haven't seen the Fifth Element but I love the responses to this thread so far.

It was quite an original sci-fi movie in that it threw you right into a futuristic fantasy. I'm not putting Fifth Element alongside Star Wars, but just like Star Wars, it credibly expected you to step right into that complex world and accept it. There weren't a lot of movies that had the guts to do that....even now.

I hate the film, full stupidity, you´re not alone. I don´t see nothing great in it.

I love it. I shouldn't, I know how bad it is, but I love it.

I don't love it, but it's highly entertaining...like most of Luc Besson's work.

I really like this film because it is super quirky. Plus Gary Oldman.

I mean come on...a deaf man in 17th century clothing rolling pool balls towards Bruce Willis!

exactly it is not high art is is just very original and fun sci fi film

chris tucker cracks me up

3 words:

"Leelu Dallas Multipass"

I got around to finally watching it recently as well after being told that it's "like Blade Runner".

No the **** it isn't like Blade Runner. You see, Blade Runner is actually good.

I'm sorry someone told you that blatant lie.

Doesn't make it any less of a great movie, though.

Mobeius art design is just superb... I wish he'd do the concept art for almost ALL major films... he's just too amazing

have you seen his work on the comic L'Incal with the great Jodorowsky? it's superb! twisted, messed up and hilarious...

It's just a fun action/sci-fi film. I do think some people hype it up too much but my friends and I enjoyed it so much we saw it a second time in the theatres. Also helps that i'm a big Willis and Oldman fan.

It's got a lot of humour in it so i'm not sure if you were expecting a super serious type of film.

A mod needs to come in, lock this thread and proclaim:

"Anybody else want to negotiate?"

i liked the movie, it is as sci-fi as it gets. set in the future, had aliens, space, alien world, flying cars, if you were expecting an oscar worthy script then your expectations were too high. its just a fun sci-fi movie. if you hate it that's ok, movies are subjective, you like it or you don't.

I got around to finally watching it recently as well after being told that it's "like Blade Runner".

No the **** it isn't like Blade Runner. You see, it's better than Blade Runner.

Fixed. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"