• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's the finest way to travel?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I personally love the train. I have no idea why people are like 'you take trains!? How awful!'

Trains are epic and awesome.

I personally love the train. I have no idea why people are like 'you take trains!? How awful!'

Trains are epic and awesome.
Trains, totally. Not the fastest, but certainly the most pleasant in my experience.

Planes.

I don't think i'll ever allow anyone to steal the window seat from me. I could stare out at those clouds and marvel at where I am and how incredible it is forever. It's beautiful.

Planes. I just get a kick out of watching the scenery below me & all the beautiful clouds around.

I'd love to tool around on the back of a winged dragon. Of course parking the sucker would be a pain in the butt though.

It's definitely not the bus.

I love flying, I wanted to be a pilot for a spell in my younger days. I don't take the train much, but I'll be going up to Jersey for convention next month and that seems the best way to get there, less than a 2 hour trip.

It's definitely not the bus.

I love flying, I wanted to be a pilot for a spell in my younger days. I don't take the train much, but I'll be going up to Jersey for convention next month and that seems the best way to get there, less than a 2 hour trip.

Ha. Not the bus for my neck of the woods either. We have a public transit bus strike going on and I don't have a car so that means I aint goin nowhere.

Last edited:
Greyhound was my transportation in my college days. I couldn't afford to fly back then. Riding a bus cross country is tiring, scary and exciting all at the same time. I met some very interesting people and even had a romantic encounter... I'll never forget those times but I'll never ride a Greyhound again.

I would love to take a train cross country primarily for vacation's sake. If I need to travel for the sake of getting somewhere, either I drive or I fly. Walking and running are for exercise. Call me back when we're able to teleport.

From experience, trains are the way to go if it's an option, much more relaxing. Plus trains are more cinematic imo.

But if you want to see country, driving is the way to go. I drove across the country a few years back in my old pickup. Slept in the back most nights and loved every minute.

Planes used to be. Now you have airport security making your life a living hell. Groping people, and making them go through untested scanning machines that will probably give you cancer.

The seats are cramped. The stewardesses are ugly and / or old, or men.

The food is abysmal. Even in first class. Nothing tastes good at that altitude. Except maybe peanuts.

The bathrooms are cramped, and there is always a line. When you do finally get in there, there will be someone else trying to get in while you're doing your business.

Oh and someone might be wearing explosive underwear.

And you're very lucky if you find your luggage when you land.

Worst way to travel period.

I've always wanted to take a long, scenic train trip. I once planned to fly to Chicago to visit some relatives and take the California Zephyr train back home, but that fell through for financial reasons.

But you know what I really love? Road trips. If everyone can agree on the music, nobody farts in the car, and the driver doesn't mind stopping every few hours for snacks and bathroom breaks, it's all good.

My friend took the California Zephyr to visit me and I met her in Chicago. She loved it except for when the train started having mechanical problems and it took her an extra 7 hours to get here due to it.

If its a long trip, I like to drive, see the little towns and kill time at the rest stops. I'm all about the journey.

Plane.

How can you beat flying?

I hate flying. I get really bad airsickness. I threw up 7 times coming back from Japan. It's horrible being that sick and jammed into a metal tube with a hundred other strangers.

I still do it though otherwise I wouldn't be able to see cool stuff.

Depends where I'm going. If I can drive there I'll drive there, same with flying, always one of the two. I don't trust trains or busses, just a personal thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"