• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's The Last Movie You Watched? VIII - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
greenlanternemeraldknig.jpg

Green Lantern Emerald Knights

Great look inside the Green Lantern Corp for those like me who doesn't know a whole lot about Green Lantern. It's pretty good especially heading this week to see the film.
8/10

200730daysofnight6.jpg

30 Days of Night

Man It's odd seeing this movie being release at the same time this new fake vampire s*** was rising (aka Twilight). See, this is what you call a Vampire film even though it's a new take on the genre.
8/10

The Wolfman (Theatrical & Director's Cut)
1.jpg

Black Death
black-death-poster.jpg

Dear John
12286799_gal.jpg

Love Happens
love_happens_000.jpg

mhere.jpg

A charming and captivating short film wonderfully directed by Spike Jonze. It is a heartbreaking yet uplifting love story between two robots. I highly recommend watching it.

4/5

Last edited:
mhere.jpg

A charming and captivating short film wonderfully directed by Spike Jonze. It is a heartbreaking yet uplifting love story between two robots. I highly recommend watching it.

4/5

Is that the Arcade Fire short he did?

Is that the Arcade Fire short he did?

No, this is short film he did while making Where The Wild Things Are (I think). The film is available to watch online if you're interested. It's only around 30 minutes long.

Super 8 - 7/10

Liked it, but didn't love it like I expected. Maybe it's because I accidentally went to the showing with the 3D projector with the POS dim screen. I'd really like to see it again in a good theater.

X-Men: First Class - 9/10

****ing loved it despite the glaring flaws, namely the parts with the kiddie X-Men. The nickname scene was pretty painful. Fassbender and McAvoy more than make up for them, though. The chemistry between the two is absolutely insane. I'd watch a 3 hour film of them just sitting around and talking.

Oh, cool. I'll keep that out.

I'm too lazy to get the Super 8 quote from the closed thread. I thought a lot of the movie had a brown smudgyness to it, which put me off. The amount of close-ups, dutch camera movements, lens flares, etc. didn't like much of that.

Beauty and the Beast - 9.5/10

Jean Cocteau is such a ****ing goon

Super 8--7/10.

Nice little throwback, although I wonder how some of these scenes will hold up when lens flares aren't in style any more.

You know where it's going and some of the more childish and toilet based humour misses, but Sandler and Aniston are funny and have good chemistry while Brooklyn Decker is surprisingly solid in her role as well, plus Nicole Kidman has an entertaining cameo. The location is nice and overall the film is just a simple feel good rom-com with some laugh out loud moments and heart. 7/10

Devil - produced by M. Night Shim-Shammy, usually I like surprise twists in movies but after seeing it I had to actually read the plot on Wikipedia and even then I still didn't feel satisfied.

Youth In Revolt - Michael Cera seems to always play the same dork in every movie but even I couldn't watch more than 20 minutes of this crap.

Scott Pilgrim vs.The World - now this one is actually good, I can see how the quirky type of humor doesn't necessarily mean big box office bucks but I liked this one.

Beauty and the Beast - 9.5/10

Jean Cocteau is such a ****ing goon

****ing right. :cmad::up:

Grant Morrison: Talking With Gods

Grant Morrison met Jesus and the Scorpion Gods. I need to go reread The Invisibles now.

F'in Netflix:

Easy-A-poster_2-535x684.jpg

Um. Had its moments? Should've gone one way or the other: Teen comedy or Smart, Witty rom-com. Or maybe it was all of those in one. Anyways, very enjoyable and funny.

Trick_r_Treat_DVD_cover.jpg

Really really great. Hollywood should take note.

images

Funnier than I gave it credit for. I actually should've seen this when it came out. Wahlberg cracked me up.

Hangover 2: 7.5/10

I thought H2 was as funny as the first one but I think the first one is the better movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"