What's With Nathan's Face

Superfreak

Gramaton Cleric
Reaction score
A while back, I remarked how cool it would be, if nathan, the penultimate hero of season 1 would return horribly disfigured: The price of saving the world.

Now, can someone explain to me what is happening with Nathan. Why does he see his scarred reflection in everything? Is he really scarred? Then why doesn't everybody else see it? If he isn't scarred, then why does he keep seeing his scarred face?

No idea, but i would think that he just sees it in the reflection... hair cant grow out of scar tissue so how can people comment on his beard

I'm thinking like someone has given him some sort of enchanted mask. That he's scarred, but by someones miraculous power, they can't see what nathan really looks like. Like Candice's power but adapted

I just figured it was a manifestation of his guilt over Peter's death. Like his conscience reminding him of his loss, or how lucky he is to be alive. Whatever it is, I like it.

^^^

Or Maybe its just one of the Original 12 screwing with him.

or linderman isnt dead and he healed nathans scars...

Or Peter somehow gained Linderman's powers (or someone elses) and healed Nathan)

Come to think of it, with Heroes it can be almost anything. It could be part of some long complicated storyarc that also deals with why Peter is in Ireland and why everyone including Nathan is acting like Peter is dead. Or it could just be a small part of it, maybe his guilt.
We will have to wait I guess.

I just figured it was a manifestation of his guilt over Peter's death. Like his conscience reminding him of his loss, or how lucky he is to be alive. Whatever it is, I like it.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking of.

Maybe it somehow ties into Mama Petrelli's power. Supposedly last season it was rumored that she could get from point A to point B very fast, but not through teleportation like Hiro. Since her power has never been revealed on screen, it's possible that she could have somehow masked her son's disfigurement.

here's my theory about it:

methinks that Bob is not an alchemist, he has a power more akin to Candice's, but much more elaborate and magnified

remember when Nikki knocked Candice out? she was still in her skinny form, and she was unconscious, now imagine what someone with much more experience can do

so here it is, after Nathan took Peter with him, Peter was obviously emanating serious heat, which ended up scarring Nate, they separated just moments before the explosion and Nate though his brother to be dead

later, Bob created an illusion for Nathan to cover his scarred face, maybe as a favor to Angela or what not, but Nathan knows the truth, he knows how he really looks and every once in a while, maybe triggered by his guilt, his true form surfaces in reflections, remember that reflections are a very frequent symbol in the series

all this would lead to a very crappy situation for Nate if Bob were to die, which wouldn't surprise me at all

That would be interesting. Although, I've been hoping that Bob's power isn't simply a Midas touch, but that he can manipulate the elemental and chemical properties of matter, like Element Lad in Legion of Super Heroes. It would make him obscenely powerful, of course, but also a very good threat.

Nice theory. I think I remember reading spoiler info on here that said Bob's power goes beyond just manipulating the properties of metal.

That's what I thought, too. But it could be something more involved.

here's my theory about it:

methinks that Bob is not an alchemist, he has a power more akin to Candice's, but much more elaborate and magnified

remember when Nikki knocked Candice out? she was still in her skinny form, and she was unconscious, now imagine what someone with much more experience can do

so here it is, after Nathan took Peter with him, Peter was obviously emanating serious heat, which ended up scarring Nate, they separated just moments before the explosion and Nate though his brother to be dead

later, Bob created an illusion for Nathan to cover his scarred face, maybe as a favor to Angela or what not, but Nathan knows the truth, he knows how he really looks and every once in a while, maybe triggered by his guilt, his true form surfaces in reflections, remember that reflections are a very frequent symbol in the series

all this would lead to a very crappy situation for Nate if Bob were to die, which wouldn't surprise me at all

that's essentially what I said 3-4 posts above this one

nathansface.jpg

Nathan == Two-face.

That's the explanation.

Or the explination is that Nathan is just like his brother and can absorb powers too, the disappearing face is the Nikki/Jessica power.

The guilt theory was a high runner in my books, but I'm doubting it'll be anything that simple. Sure, Nathan feels guilt but I'm guessing that's not enough for the makers of the show. I'm so hoping that it wouldn't be some illusion skill, because that'd be taking the easy way and generally pretty lame.

Or the explination is that Nathan is just like his brother and can absorb powers too, the disappearing face is the Nikki/Jessica power.

Jessica isn't a power. Nikki's power is super strength. Either Nikki is absolutely crazy, thinking she's seeing her twin sister, or somehow her twin is somehow trapped inside her (which may have been Jessica's power), being schizophrenic is not a cellular mutation.

I'm hoping it is the guilt factor and he'll be all-good this season instead of uncertain as he was last season. I want him to embrace his powers, use them to save a bunch of people and go out like a man (at the end of the series).

Jessica isn't a power. Nikki's power is super strength. Either Nikki is absolutely crazy, thinking she's seeing her twin sister, or somehow her twin is somehow trapped inside her (which may have been Jessica's power), being schizophrenic is not a cellular mutation.

I was leaning towards the idea that Nikki's super strength and split personality were somehow one power. The only reason I say this is because it looked to me like Peter had a change in personality when he went darth vader on the irish guy. And I didn't think it was a coincidence that the writers showed that Peter has DL's power too. I looked at it as a hint that Peter was close enough to both of them during his last battle with Sylar to absorb their powers.

I was leaning towards the idea that Nikki's super strength and split personality were somehow one power. The only reason I say this is because it looked to me like Peter had a change in personality when he went darth vader on the irish guy. And I didn't think it was a coincidence that the writers showed that Peter has DL's power too. I looked at it as a hint that Peter was close enough to both of them during his last battle with Sylar to absorb their powers.

Peter certainly absorbed both of their powers. However I don't think Nikki's strength is connected to her split personality. If anything, her Jessica side was just a way to gain the power over her life that she felt she couldn't obtain as herself. I'm guessing it has to do with some sort of reserved guilt towards Jessica's death, when they were children.

but who knows.

i kinda think its nathan's demons. not an actual disfigurement but this is what he feels he looks like inside. he's the politician. they're all two-faced. like a grim reminder to what kind of a person he is.

possible x-men connection: maybe he was the only one to take peter up in the sky b/c siblings can't be affected by each other's powers? if so peter couldn't have caused it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"