when was it published that Steve R. was'nt the first captain america?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
do you guys know what year this was published in? and and is there any TBP where i can read up on this? how would you rate it?

The Truth mini-series. I'm pretty sure there's a TPB, since it won awards and critical acclaim and stuff. Be prepared, though; the art is not what you'd expect.

Technically, the first Cap was the colonial one, who also hapened to be named Steven Rogers. Is 1602 even sort of in continuity? If so, then he was the first Captain America, in a way, in 1602.

Where was it printed that there was a colonial Captain America? :confused:

1602 was in continuity, but the timeline was erased and set back to the normal timeline. So in the current timeline, there never was a 1602 Cap.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Where was it printed that there was a colonial Captain America? :confused:

1602 was in continuity, but the timeline was erased and set back to the normal timeline. So in the current timeline, there never was a 1602 Cap.

Iin the Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty mini. I read that comic, but thet only thig I remember about it at this point is the fact of colonial Cap.

Oh, I never read that one. I may have to hunt it down now.

why in the world would marvel put 1602 in contunuity? wouldnt that mess up the entire future timeline.

whats up with the art in the book corp? it sucks doesnt it?

I wouldn't say that it sucks, it just doesn't sync up with the Cover art all that well.

I wouldn't say it sucks, it just doesn't fit the storyline. It does, however, fit the time in which it takes place. A bit too sunny looking for the disturbing s**t thats going down in it.

I didn't care fer th' art at all. I could respect th' story, but I thought it kinda tainted Cap's character a bit.

Why? Cap had absolutely nothing to do with it and he felt awful about it when he found out.

The art in truth is great. I love the way it captures the time.

GoldenAgeHero said:
wow looking at the preveiw pages, looks like a kid drew them.

I like Kyle Baker. Didn't he win an Eisner for Plastic Man?

Now that I look back on it, it does have a certain symbolism going on. This old school, rather cartoony looking art kinda shows that things weren't all that nice and decent back then. That even though people might have seen things in a better light when looking back on it, there was still some seriously horrible things going on at the time.

As far as the story goes, I thought it was good. Reminded me of that movie Miss Evers boys which dealt with the Tuskegee experiment in which the government gave a bunch of black men syphilis just to see what would happen. I read it at the Library, but I think it's one of those books you should own. Defiantly gonna pick that up one of these days.

'Cause Cap's been able to avoid th' taint of this country's ****ty history no matter how many decades he's been around or what's happened. Now, suddenly, his legacy has this stench on it. Realistic, I suppose, but just didn't sit right with me.

Cap should be above th' **** that plagues this nation. A symbol of what this country SHOULD be, instead of th' crap we get.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
'Cause Cap's been able to avoid th' taint of this country's ****ty history no matter how many decades he's been around or what's happened. Now, suddenly, his legacy has this stench on it. Realistic, I suppose, but just didn't sit right with me.

Cap should be above th' **** that plagues this nation. A symbol of what this country SHOULD be, instead of th' crap we get.

And Cap is, but that doesn't mean that the people that were in charge of the super soldier program weren't amoral A-holes that would test out the stuff on colored soldiers before giving it to a blond haired blue-eyed kid. Doesn't take away from Cap. He wasn't like, "I ain't taking that stuff until you test it on somebody else." Because Cap wouldn't do that. Which is why he was so pissed when he found out what they did. Cap's still Cap. The story just shows further proof that everything wasn't as clean and wholesome as some people would like to remember it.

I love Kyle Baker, never heard of this before so will pick it up.

Anubis said:
Now that I look back on it, it does have a certain symbolism going on. This old school, rather cartoony looking art kinda shows that things weren't all that nice and decent back then. That even though people might have seen things in a better light when looking back on it, there was still some seriously horrible things going on at the time.

As far as the story goes, I thought it was good. Reminded me of that movie Miss Evers boys which dealt with the Tuskegee experiment in which the government gave a bunch of black men syphilis just to see what would happen. I read it at the Library, but I think it's one of those books you should own. Defiantly gonna pick that up one of these days.

thats true? if it is then damn.

I think it was recently revealed that the government sprayed diseases like Ebola in small amounts over towns to see what would happen to the people who caught it. 'Course, I might be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"