First Avenger Could Captain America be at Comic Con?

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
I was thinking, since Comic Con is the biggest event for this kind of news to be published, do you think we could find out who plays Captain America? And maybe some concept art?

I realllly hope we find out who's Cap. The amount of fan speculation is killing me. The tide turns to the favor of a different actor every day - there's no clear candidate. I mean, I know it's like that for most superhero movies, but still.

Yeah, I expect them to reveal our cap next week.

It will be great if they were to have something on the film there, but i belive they havent even got into that far into pre production let alone have a script. so i doubt they will have an actor in place yet. More likely to have more things for the film next year.

Maybe Comicon 2010. It's still too early for Cap

Oh, and I think Marvel will want a big named star attached to the project, so look for someone huge. It is, after all, one of Marvels oldest heroes

Well yea you think they might want to do that, but they could always end up going with a unknown/semi know like with what they did with Thor, plus you have to look at avengers they probably want to keep the budget at a reasonable place, and with jackson/downey/ and if norton is in the film along with cheadle/black widow's actress they would probably want to lesser known guys to keep actor's budget down and not end up paying everyone like 15-20million to do the film.

Casting news would be nice, but I doubt it. Isn't Johnston still working on 'Wolfman?'

At MOST, I can see the Marvel Studios team showing off some early concept art and costume designs. If anything, that could put the fanbase at ease.

Maybe Comicon 2010. It's still too early for Cap

Oh, and I think Marvel will want a big named star attached to the project, so look for someone huge. It is, after all, one of Marvels oldest heroes

Like Chris Hemsworth?
I don't think they'll go for a huge name for the title role, but they will for the supporting cast...that way they can get the box office draw of a big name but if necessary, it will be easier for them to replace or recast them once the franchise has already been established. (Let's hope not, though...I HATE RECASTS!) Also, as Webhead2006 observed, It will be somewhat less expensive to bring back the ensemble cast for the Avengers movie.

Regardless, back on topic:
I certainly do hope that they reveal SOMETHING of substance at this year's Comic-Con! The suspense is KILLING ME!

Last edited:
Joe Johnston is still working on Wolfman. I don't even believe they start pre-production until after the summer at the earliest. There will be no Captain America announcements at this year's comic-con. A teaser poster? Perhaps, but that's about it.

I think we can expect some more Thor casting though at CC; and of course an Iron Man 2 teaser trailer!

You are probably right, Aztec. *sigh...

I sure hope this film doesn't end up being the rushed TIH to Thor's IM1 in 2010. I liked TIH but Marvel clearly put much more of it's eggs in the IM basket in 2008 and the production of TIH was a bit rushed as a result with virtually no marketing or hype build up for the film until only 2 months before. I know that(along w/ bad reaction to Ang's film) hurt TIH's box office chances. I don't want a CA movie to suffer that same fate. And I definitely don't want Johnston to have to give up the project ala' Matthew Vaughn on Thor due to delays.

Yea probably a poster, maybe joe could be there to talk about his plans for the film. But i doubt anything big for this year. Next year yea since the film will be out in 2011 right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"