• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Should the Patriot from Young Avengers be the new Captain America?

E

engen

his grandfather was the first captain america right? i think it could work, after all Steve Rogers was just a kid when he became Cap

I don't really see it happening, though many people have speculated that his uncle, Josiah, could have been the next Captain America.

Basically, Patriot is rather young for the mantle.

He's not exactly established himself.

Isaiah X is also an even bigger unknown.

Steve Rogers was a college student when he became Cap...still a bit older than Eli is right now.

Still, I'm going to go against the mold a bit and say...hell, why not? It's not like there's anyone else more fit for the role. Well there's Bucky, actually, so forget what I just said. But if Bucky doesn't wanna do it...

Well Bucky is sort of not playing with a full deck.

So I don't think he qualifies.

Ex-Soviet assassin does not a Captain America make.

Oddly, I'd probably feel better about Hawkeye as Captain America.

He seems to have gotten a lot better. I haven't seen him do anything wacky as of late.

If someone were to succeed Captain America -- or any other hero -- I'd prefer it be someone who actually has a personal, thematic tie to that person. Or else Wonder Girl should just call herself Power Girl or Supergirl or something, despite her origins. Bucky was Steve's "second." And Patriot's grandfather was the original. They both idolize his ideal of patriotism and the American dream, even if neither of them truly embody it. What's Hawkeye's personal tie to Cap? The fact that he liked him a lot?

I think its more the case that Hawkeye is talented enough to be able to take over the demands of the Captain America name. Furthermore, we could certainly see him (by his personality) honoring the man enough to take up his role as Champion of American liberties.

I think it's gonna be Bucky from all the future Captain America comics because of all the left arm missing/hidden.

I'd love to personally see Captain America created from the ranks of a present day United States soldier.

Unfortunately, that actually has the potential to replace Steve Rogers personally.

Eli strikes me as the logical choice.

I wonder if Marvel is going to take a nod from DC and actually pass the mantle on...?

I'd much rather see Patriot's uncle Josiah X as the new Cap. He's more in line with Cap's age, plus he's a more seasoned hero with political leanings and convictions to stand up for. No offense to Eli, but I have yet to meet a high school student who's really worked out their personal politics enough to take a surefooted stance on complex issues, which is a big part of what Cap is about.

I'd prefer to see Bucky fill the role before anyone else, though.

My only beef with Bucky is with all that russian brain-washing, you just KNOW he'll be mind-controlled and turn on everyone in the near future....

I think it would be cool watching someone Eli's age TRYING to do the right thing and live up to the legend.

At least for a while. Personally, i really want Steve back, asap :csad:

My only beef with Bucky is with all that russian brain-washing, you just KNOW he'll be mind-controlled and turn on everyone in the near future....

I think it would be cool watching someone Eli's age TRYING to do the right thing and live up to the legend.

At least for a while. Personally, i really want Steve back, asap :csad:
Well yeah, I think we all do. No one else can ever really be Captain America.

As for Bucky's potentially turning on everyone, it's possible. But the fact that he broke free from that brainwashing--not to mention that it took years to brainwash him in the first place--tells me that he could resist it if it were attempted again.

Thinking sideways as I tend to do, I thought: "Who says there can only be one Captain America?"

Cap is beyond just being a costume, a gimmick or a motif. He's a symbol. I know it sounds kinda screwy but why can't more people take up the mantle of Captain America and fight for the ideal he has represented since WWII? Bucky, Patriot, Falcon, Punisher and whoever else could put on a Captain America costume with whatever cosmetic differences they prefer and fight the good fight.

Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if someone on the New Warriors shows up wearing a Cap costume as a sign of rebellion and what Cap believed in.

There's only one thing in the universe stronger than Caps shield and that was his will. The super soldier serum only bulked him up, it didn't give him his spirit. If anyone in the Marvel U, or any universe for that matter even shares a fraction of that great spirit then they can be Captain America.

Ya know, now that I think about it, Captain America ended up almost like V from V for Vendetta.

You know what, I don't care really. What I do care about is people calling him "The Patriot" its just Patriot, **** that annoys me.

I don't think Eli should.

He's a great character,but still an amateur and his personality is pretty impulsive,would definitely cloud his judgment.

i don't agree with the mantle thing.
its like bruce wayne is batman...grayson is good but no batman.

kal-el is superman..no one else is or will be as good as him.

same with steve rogers as captain america...yeah they can be called captain america but unless its steve rogers under the costume it ain't him.

Hes to young and inexperinenced,hes not familiar with most of the marvel U and most of the marvel U would have a big problem following him into battle.

No. I say no Cap until Steve Rodgers comes back.

:cmad:

Perfect! so basicly in the scheme of "ripping off Reign of the Supermen", Eli would fulfill both the roles of Steel and Superboy. Then we toss in Winter Soldier to be Cyborg Superman, and the Punisher as that guy who uses lethal force but sucked. Whatshisname, Eradicator

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"