The Avengers Where they have gone wrong with the avengers project so far

GuestStar2004

Avenger
Reaction score
now before everyone goes nuts saying how the film hasnt even been made yet, am lookin at it from this point of view, the project of making solo movies of all these characters and then putting them together started out very creative, but down to line things proberly havent gone as smoothly as they could have

1 thing i think went wrong with was recasting bruce banner, as i feel it may distance the incredible hulk movie from the avengers

is there anything anyone is Disappointed about?

It's only 15 months away and not a single frame has been shot, I'm glad someone finally decided to make a negative reaction thread.

I'm struggling for words in reaction to this thread; the only two that immediately spring to mind are 'Jesus Wept'.

Yeah, this kind of thread at this stage is absolutely asinine. The only thing that could possibly be seen as a problem, Banner needing to be recast, has already been covered in the original post, and likely won't bother too many people once their butts are in the seats.
[/topic]

Yeah, and even then, a simple recast doesnt constitute as a reboot so TIH 's link to the Avengers (and Marvel Movies continuity in general) isnt compromised.

um... I like the tread...... SOme things I think marvel is struggling with is.... who will be in Avengers as "sidekicks" To explain further, will bucky comeback to life... last I heard WM was out....and we prob wont see Happy hogan again...

No Hank Pym & Wasp is my only disappointment so far. But I can see why the chose that route.

The lack of Hank Pym & Wasp is the only mistake they have made so far.

I believe Wasp is in it. She was seen in storyboards by a friend of a friend.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pym is too as a scientist.

um... I like the tread...... SOme things I think marvel is struggling with is.... who will be in Avengers as "sidekicks" To explain further, will bucky comeback to life... last I heard WM was out....and we prob wont see Happy hogan again...
Do you really think this is something they are "struggling with"? Sounds like a series of minor decisions that would have been during the scripting stage

Yeah, and even then, a simple recast doesnt constitute as a reboot so TIH 's link to the Avengers (and Marvel Movies continuity in general) isnt compromised.

Yeah, that's why I think Hulk's design in the Avengers should basically be the same as it was in TIH. The TIH version of Hulk looks more like Mark Ruffalo than Edward Norton to me anyways.

That's a good point.

Hulk's cinematic continuity is fractured as it is so I'd like to think Marvel would be at pains to tie into what they have already established rather than just start again.

JAK®;19666404 said:
The lack of Hank Pym & Wasp is the only mistake they have made so far.

That definately is a shame; not only because they're interesting characters but also because the whole Ultron package comes with them.

No Pym = No Ultron. :csad:

That definately is a shame; not only because they're interesting characters but also because the whole Ultron package comes with them.

No Pym = No Ultron. :csad:

Hopefull Hank Pym is atleast introduced in the Avengers film, so that way if there's a sequel he can become a part of the team at the beginning. They could explain Ultron by saying Hank created Ultron during the time period of the first film. Ultron becoming evil could be one of the primary reasons Hank joins the Avengers, only in the MCU of course :).

That's certainly plausible and feasible; although you know what I've also just realised?

No Vision.

Hopefull Hank Pym is atleast introduced in the Avengers film

I highly doubt they will. They don't want to step on Wright's feet and force him to commit to a certain actor before his movie is even out.

I'm willing to bet that Marvel is going to start over again with Hulk. I mean, we really won't know the answer until the film comes out but the only way to establish that the Incredible Hulk is not a lost film in the MCU is to reference that film at some point with a plot point or an actor from that film (William Hurt, Liv Tyler?) in order for audiences to understand the connection. I mean, I don't think Hulk is getting another solo film for a long, long time. He'll only show up in the Avengers from here on out.

If it were me, I'd just start anew. Recasting Banner isn't the same as recasting Rhodey. Rhodey's a supporting character in the Iron Man universe. They didn't replace RDJ.

Having Ruffalo play Banner is just going to be different than how Norton did it. And considering that a part of the plot of this film has got to be getting Hulk into the fold, why not reintroduce the Banner character to the audience and the team with some type of briefing on who this guy is and why he's important.

Now, if William Hurt shows up, then I guess we'll have our answer.

The Avengers connection to TIH was established the moment RDJ strolled into the bar at the end, and further extended with footage from TIH used on the screens at the end of IM2.

Can't see them just wiping TIH from continuity now.

They already did with recasting Banner. That's the point. The point of the Avengers was to see these characters from their individual films come together in this one film and it's sequels.

It feels slightly pointless with the recasting of Banner now.

Again, Rhodey was a supporting player. That's not really big. Banner is a main character.

And to make it worse, they cast Ruffalo who doesn't favor Norton one bit.

Go the Katie Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal route. At least, you could make the leap that they were playing the same character. Not here.

As far as I'm concerned, the recast is really only a big deal when some fans want to make a big deal out of it. It's a simple recast, nothing more. All this talk of main characters and supporting characters doesnt mean a thing to me.

Personally, I dont think its indicitive of a new direction or fresh approach and, as Wobbly said, the fact that they used TIH footage in IM2 shows that Marvel does appear to want to keep it in continuity.

They already did with recasting Banner. That's the point. The point of the Avengers was to see these characters from their individual films come together in this one film and it's sequels.

It feels slightly pointless with the recasting of Banner now.

Again, Rhodey was a supporting player. That's not really big. Banner is a main character.

And to make it worse, they cast Ruffalo who doesn't favor Norton one bit.

Go the Katie Holmes, Maggie Gyllenhaal route. At least, you could make the leap that they were playing the same character. Not here.

Recasting Banner did not wipe TIH from continuity, that's an assumption based on thinking Ruffalo is too different to Norton.

I disagree: Recasts of major characters have happened before in film franchises and it's not been too big an ask of the audience to accept a different actor in the role, even if they look very different and play the part different.

Examples: Val Kilmer's fair haired Batman was a follow on from Keaton (events in Burtons films were not wiped clean even though Schumacker's visual style was very different) just as Clooney followed on from Kilmer. James Bond was recast 4 times, with Roger Moore looking and playing the part very different than Connery ever did, before starting over with Daniel Craig.

Superman Returns stayed tied to the Donner original as well, though in that case they did have Brandon Routh looking and acting like Christopher Reeve as much as they could.

So until Marvel say they are starting over with the Hulk, or we see something in Avengers that contradicts events from TIH, I'm inclined to think that film remains established in Marvels movieverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"